Line-Up v York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Out of the bottom 2, great point boys! Well done.
RayleighDagger1986

The draw is not a bad result tbh but we must pick up wins and preferably home ones. However the current management team has not worked and time for a change imo
DaggerJoel11

Hypothetically, good point.
In perspective, two points lost.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
redboy

In the past few weeks we have played all of the sides around us and haven't beaten any of them. Couldn't believe the side again tonight. What does Ferdinand have to do to be dropped, let alone subbed?? Why was Jones on the bench again and no Doidge?

We are a third in and must have used nigh on 30 players already. WB doesn't have a Scooby what formation/side to play? How many points have we thrown away now from winning positions?
RayleighDagger1986

The blame lays with the manager. I for one do not want him at the helm. I spoke up last season and made it clear to Steve Thompson that that man should not be rewarded with a new contract in the summer, yet they chose to do so. I also told him that we should go back to grassroots, bring in a young up coming non league manager and get in some hungry non league players. He just defended Wayne and thort my idea was pointless
stanton101

How in God's own creation can you leave your best player in Jones warming the bench, if he was fit enough to travel, then surely he plays. And what does Ferdinand have that keeps getting him a start, it defies belief.
Diggerthedog

Point and out of the bottom two, Thommo will be creaming his pants.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Point and out of the bottom two, Thommo will be creaming his pants.
Bet he is also desperateley hopeing for a win Saturday, then the team that we should be following as a great example would have lost four if their last 5 . Then we can stop using that pointless stat to beat him Wayne and yhe team over the head with.
durnzo

First post on here, so I expect a bit of a roasting from some! Ive only started going over there this year,gave up my arsenal season ticket two years ago as it was tediously boring over that soulless, corporate bowl they now call home that's full of corporates and middle class muppets. The club made it abundantly clear that they no longer wanted the likes of myself and I didn't feel any affiliation to the team or board (sound familiar?!) Still do about 15 aways but wanted more football so I bought two early bird tickets, and as I can see the ground from my balcony it all made sense. Gotta say I love it over there, even if judging by this forum it's the worst season in living memory. The following are my observations so far, I'm not having a go at anyone who disagrees as I don't think my opinion is worth anywhere near as much as everyone else who has been following the daggers for much longer than me.

Firstly, I agree that WBs tactics are bemusing at best. Long balls to a small front man when you have a decent big forward on the bench, not playing Jones from the start when he's clearly levels above everyone else, the apparent lack of anything in midfield, either protecting the back four or linking the defence with the attack. All frustrating stuff.

I also don't understand why he blames the players in interviews and is clearly a pr nightmare (something else I'm used to from a manager of the team I support!).

Having said all this, from the limited amount I've seen of other teams in the division this is commonplace. And the fact dagenham are out of the bottom two despite such an awful record suggests if something clicks they could head up the table pretty rapidly. Again, I'm not telling other, far more qualified fans what they should or should not think, but it seems expectations may be a bit high.

Either way, I'm enjoying my first season following them properly and it's a breath of fresh air to watch honest football (the lack of diving and rolling around is quality), and I even sold my chelsea away ticket to go to the Newport match! The sanitised,corporate Premier league footy doesn't compare.

Just a few musings from a johnny come lately, glory hunting dagger. Be gentle!
Dagdale

Nice post Durnzo and welcome to the daggers forum, it always tests a football fan to its limits watching the daggers, especially the last couple of seasons but believe me in the long run were deep down a circle of good mates who enjoy a drink together and only want what's best for Dagenham & Redbridge. I, like you dipped the top flight but in my case many years ago when it was mainly called THE First Division, have never looked back because at least with daggers to this day it was how I grew up with my 'ole club', working class folk mainly out of council estates who had a great outlet on a then Saturdays and an occasional Wednesday.
durnzo

Thanks mate, as I said I'd never tell others what's what or make out I know the division but it's good to go over there amongst people from my background who clearly love the club. No one goes over there, and pays what are basically uncompetitive prices (I've taken west ham and sp**s mates who have season tickets and they love it but can't believe it costs 18 gib!) And don't love the club. Something you haven't got over arsenal for years. I won't be going back, but will keep my tickets over the daggers for years to come. It's probably easier for me as I'm not as invested, but at least over here I can understand people having a moan up. A bit more singing would be nice, the Orient game was good, but even still the 1300 at vic road make more noise than the 60000 at the bowl. Now, if we could persuade them to put a bar behind the sieve, it's not in view of the pitch, I'd be double happy. Would help with revenue streams too. Already looking forward to Luton, must be newboyitis.
dagger4eva

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Point and out of the bottom two, Thommo will be creaming his pants.
Bet he is also desperateley hopeing for a win Saturday, then the team that we should be following as a great example would have lost four if their last 5 . Then we can stop using that pointless stat to beat him Wayne and yhe team over the head with.
Sorry Sussex - theres only one "pointless stat" im worried about & like to bash Burnett for;

Played 14
Won 1