Our best eleven?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

With all the worst XI, Burnett XI and so on, I decided to compile a team of our best current XI.

GK : Mark Cousins
No disrespect to O'Brien but I think Cousins is our best choice. O'Brien has done well to overturn his 'calamitous' attributes but I still believe there are some lingering mistakes you can just anticipate. Take Yeovil for instance, punching the ball into the players head before going in. I also think Cousins has been froze out the team and one poor punt at Charlton shouldn't overshadow his brilliant season last year which saw him earn points on his own.

LB : Jack Connors
Very difficult choice as Widdowson is an excellent player. Some may disagree, but I think Connors is a great player and for his age has progressed incredibly. Also, he came from our academy so I think our club feels more affiliation to Jack although admittedly Joe originated from West Ham's academy. Can also do a job at right-back.

CB : Ayo Obileye
Massive player for us and a huge coup when he re-signed. Everyone knows what he's all about and he is a useful target for corners, as well as the ability to bolster our attacking options when on a rare foray forwards. I seem to recall him making several surges into midfield last season which created a lot of chances. The obvious choice.

CB : Josh Pask
Another one people may disagree with, I've drafted new loanee Josh Pask into our eleven. On Saturday I must say he seemed very confident, technically quite good and acquitted himself rather well. The MOTM accolade proves that, and with him being only young his presence in the team can only bring more of that and bodes well for our defensive unit.

RB : Josh Passley
Passley has been absent from the team for a few weeks but is still, for me, the best option for right-back. Hoyte is relatively new so I can't judge him too much, whilst Connors did brilliantly against Notts & Mansfield (where he also assisted Chambers' second) but is not that familiar with the position. Though if he can reciprocate the MOTM performances against Stevenage & Newport, Passley's inclusion in the team will be worthwhile.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Ayo has been half the player of last season. He's casual on the ball doesn't position himself well in the box and loses his man.

For all his obvious faults and mistakes i think Nosworthy might be our best Centre half at the moment. I lost count of the amount of clearances and interceptions he made on Saturday. What competition has he got - Clevid has cost us about 5 goals on his own! Can't judge Pask on one game but he did ok.

Passley is good going forward but switches off too much defensively for my liking. Widdowson is also a much better player than Connors imo.

Cousins
Hoyte
Nosworthy
Ayo
Widdowson
Boucaud
Raymond
Jones
Hemmings
Mulraney
McClure

If Cureton rediscovers his finishing from bench I'd have him straight back in. Pask could displace one of the centre backs if he impresses.

Edit: I in no way think Boucaud is up to the task but I thought Ferdinand's performance on Saturday stank.
DaggerJoel11

Rest of my team:

LW : Hemmings
CM : Richards
CM : Boucaud
RW : Jones
ST : Chambers
ST : Cureton

Hemmings is a good crosser of the ball and capable of unleashing worldies. His fellow winger Jones needs no explanation. He is our utility player and gives his all. He is only 17 too, and is such a creative and unpredictable player. When he runs with the ball, if for a minute, fans are mesmerised and it is reminiscent to previous famous players of our successful former team.

I've included Richards because despite a few non-existant performances he deserves a fair crack. It is evident the duo of Ferdinand/Boucaud does not work because both are defensive meaning there is almost a disconnect between midfielders and forwards. He is attacking, not afraid to get stuck in and notoriously a useful player. Worth a try in my opinions. Alongside him is the much-disputed captain, Boucaud. Boucaud needs to recapture his form from last season but is still beneficial to our club. It can't be ignored that all our 3 wins came when he was on Trinidad duty but I advise anybody who criticises him to name a suitable replacement.

I really don't understand the Chambers dislike. With five assists to his name aswell as three goals, combined the fact he is in an unfamiliar role, I think he is flourishing and really constitutes his place. Curo is in bad form but is a fans-favourite and made a huge contribution to us last season. If there's anyone I'd back in an opportunity, I still maintain it's him. He just needs to recapture his form.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Connors is in no way a better left back than Widdowson...
stanton101

4-2-3-1

Gk Cousins
Rb Passley
Ch Hoyte (captain)
Ch Pask
Lb Widdowson
Cm Richards (holding midfielder)
Cm Labadie (holding midfielder)
Lm Hemmings ( supports attack and defends widdowson)
Cm Raymond (playmaker)
Rm Jones (supports attack and defends Passley)
Cf McClure (links up with front 3, Jones, Raymond, Hemmings)

Subs O'Brien, Chambers, Doidge, Boucard, Ayo.
mickeyblue

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

relegated

raymond is not a att midfielder for 1
hoyte is not a cb?
mcclure is just a back up at best

this is our big prob as we dont ave a best 11

but my shot

gk cousins
rb passley
cb obiley
cb nosworthy
lb widdowson
cm hoyte
cm boucard
lm hemmings
cam hines
rm jones
cf cureton

subs o'brien conners clevid chambers raymond doidge
but we finished 9th!
matt_drfc

mickeyblue wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

relegated

hoyte is not a cb?

but my shot

gk cousins
rb passley
cb obiley
cb nosworthy
lb widdowson
cm hoyte
cm boucard
lm hemmings
cam hines
rm jones
cf cureton

****** knows how you can say 'Hoyte is not a cb' then put him in cm.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:

relegated

hoyte is not a cb?

but my shot

gk cousins
rb passley
cb obiley
cb nosworthy
lb widdowson
cm hoyte
cm boucard
lm hemmings
cam hines
rm jones
cf cureton

I was thinking the same thing
****** knows how you can say 'Hoyte is not a cb' then put him in cm.
Lcbdagger

The problem with most bext XI teams on here is that we will all be putting in last season's Cureton as our starting striker... this season he hasn't done enough with his chances in tight matches to guarantee a start for me above McClure.

Hoyte being in a team but not at RB is madness and shows how weak our squad is
OBD

O'Brien

Hoyte, Pask, Ayo, Widdowson

Raymond, Connors

Hines Jones Hemmings

Doidge
@OfficialBigDave
stanton101

relegated

hoyte is not a cb?

but my shot

gk cousins
rb passley
cb obiley
cb nosworthy
lb widdowson
cm hoyte
cm boucard
lm hemmings
cam hines
rm jones
cf cureton

Raymond wouldn't need to be an attacking midfielder, he'd be linking up with the three alongside him for that and dropping back when we lose possession. I think you'll find Hoyte played anywhere along the back line for that team, you know the one,Arsenal! and he is definitely not a midfielder. As for McClure he's our top goalscorer and can win the odd ball in the air, yet he's not even on your bench, marvellous. You also picked possibly the worst defender in the entire league in Nosworthy and have a sick note whose out quite possibly for the season again in Hines! Your also expecting a 40 year old whose woefully out of form to lead the line, or are you using JC and the rest of the diddymen for their height at set pieces.
mickeyblue

It says best 11 and nothing to do with injury
Your Att mid needs to be able to Att or how he link up as a four in Att
Hoyte played midfield for a few clubs probably not arsenal but he be a better midfielder for our team than the crap we have

Mcclure top goalscorer won't last and don't think he offers more than cureton or doidge.

I'll give you nosworthy but didn't have much to choose from even tho he has played high level of football as hoyte has.
but we finished 9th!
Daggyjack

Our best 11....
Roberts
Cole Matthews Connor Griffiths
Janney Broom Southam Rainford
Shipp Stein

Sorry.....I thought you wanted our best eleven players, you know the ones in the past that ran through a brick wall for the club and who cared.
ARNU

Daggyjack wrote:Our best 11....
Roberts
Cole Matthews Connor Griffiths
Janney Broom Southam Rainford
Shipp Stein
Not doubting these players had heart but would they have survived this league ? Would that team have survived 9 yrs in Lg 2 ? And if they'd been on a run of bad form under Wayne Burnett or anyone else for that matter would nostalgia have kept you onside.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggyjack

Yes, I think these players would have kept us in the league. They are certainly better than the current crop and appeared to care more about the club than the majority of the current bunch.
You make a good point regarding how they would have performed under the current clueless management and coaching staff, I don't know but I don't think they would have conceded so many soft goals or draws / defeats from winning positions, given the character of the players I've mentioned.