Change the players.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

How many players we got that would get into the team when Benno Strevs and Ritchie graced the field ?

None id say.

There lies the problem.Not the manager.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

I see your point BUT theres one man and one man only who brought those players to the club. Fact!
OBD

Every single player at this club has been signed or promoted from the youth team by Wayne.

One for the Burnett apologists there.
@OfficialBigDave
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:I see your point BUT theres one man and one man only who brought those players to the club. Fact!
Bit harsh ,

He would like to sign World Class Players but could not afford it

He would like to sign very good players but could not afford it

He would like to sign good players but could not afford it.

He tried to sign Average Players we already had but could not afford them.

He ended up signing poor players and youngsters on loan because thats all he could afford.

So the soloution to the problem is to sack an average Manager ( even tho with the right tools he could be good)and replace him with a poor one , the nomnations so far have been a piss head from Braintree a nervous wreck from Tourqey and various others currently on job seekers allowance because when they had the chance they made fairly average players ,very poor players .

if you accept that the money spent on them must have made them at least average players that became very poor and cost the very People you now want to employ their jobs when all the had to do was keep average Players average.

So go on then sack the Manager and employ somebody who will have no option but to recruit only poor players because any money we did have was spent sacking the Manager who was trying to make poor players better and that is after at least three years of making very poor players at least average.
dagger4eva

Ok, a fair enough reply BUT

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when we won the ryman league.

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when competed and then won the conference.

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when we competed and went up from League 2.

Frankly, what im trying to say is, bar the odd occassion our club has never had a pot to piss in. Bid deal!
Infact the only time we ever did have a bit of real dosh to splash some cash our manager at the time got it horribly wrong, signing a load of conference hogwash Braithwaite, Piper, Meechem etc.)

I refer you back to Accrington Stanley whos manager appears to of constructed a team with remarkably even less wonga than us!

If Wayne was willing to write a begging letter to Luke Howell & Scott Doe to come back where they belong I may be willing to cut him a bit of slack in the short term at least.
Diggerthedog

God Sussex you mention budgets more than Koko himself. Perhaps if Burnett had not wasted a shed load of the Gayle money on the half or dozen or so MATES he employed last season as his back room staff he might have been able to given the likes of Howell and Doe decent offers to stay or perhaps it was not money and they like some of us can see right through Koko for what he really is an angry shit lower league football manager.

BURNETT OUT

Hope the board are ready for the Luton game there will be some surprises and I'm not talking about the Luton fans, all the plans for some action are gaining momentum. Will leave it at that.
admin
Site Admin

All well and good we keep mentioned budgets but we will lose more money by not sacking Burnett than we will if we did. Fans are voting with their feet. I've heard plenty of stories and seen plenty things posted online of fans complaining and boycotting games until Burnett is gone, that in turn loses money. Not to mention how embarrassing the attendances will become, I reckon Luton will probably have more fans at our next home game than we will.
Alan

ARNU wrote:How many players we got that would get into the team when Benno Strevs and Ritchie graced the field ?

None id say.

There lies the problem.Not the manager.
You mean the team that Still put together on a lower budget, paying only one fee for McCrory?
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Ok, a fair enough reply BUT

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when we won the ryman league.

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when competed and then won the conference.

We couldnt AFFORD to sign world class / very good / good players when we competed and went up from League 2.

Frankly, what im trying to say is, bar the odd occassion our club has never had a pot to piss in. Bid deal!
Infact the only time we ever did have a bit of real dosh to splash some cash our manager at the time got it horribly wrong, signing a load of conference hogwash Braithwaite, Piper, Meechem etc.)

I refer you back to Accrington Stanley whos manager appears to of constructed a team with remarkably even less wonga than us!

If Wayne was willing to write a begging letter to Luke Howell & Scott Doe to come back where they belong I may be willing to cut him a bit of slack in the short term at least.

Well that is intereting because in one case he would not neeed to beg but i imagine Boreham Wood would want a fee for one of their substitutes !!!!!!!!!

A fee we wint be able to afford because you are all hell bent on sacking the Manager with any money we have got.

Also i am hearing that there was only ever three runners in the Scott Doe signature stakes which was reduced to two when we made other arrangements after hearing the trainer of one of the other runners made him offers he could not refuse but ended up givng him FA and withdrawing from the race after he signed a player he thiought was better, leaving Boreham Wood the only runner left in the race.

So when you dont have a pot to piss in not only are you restricted by financial restraints but also by circumstances .
Mark

So fed up with this blame the players nonsense. Give them a decent midfield player and a proper gameplan and they'd put up more of a fight than right now.

The manager can't get the players to play as a unit. He can't motivate them to play to their potential for 90 minutes. He wants them to do things they aren't good at like beating teams by passing through them. He can't organise them to mark at set pieces which is one of the easiest things to coach. He is tactically inept and can't see simple things like opposition danger men and respond to it, as shown when we lost to the ten men of Shrewsbury or at Carlisle this season.

The bare minimum is to be organised and motivated and he can't even manage that.

Also Sussex are you suggesting we were effectively bluffed out of keeping Doe? If so that is unforgivable.
dagger4eva

Ahhh yeah id forgotton about that one Mark.

The only manager who said 1 week, the opposition going down to 10 men was "a bad thing for us"

And then when we went down to 10 a week or so later (and obviously lost) - the red card "changed the game"

Anyway, everyone is just going round in circles here

See ya at Accy Sussex :D
Alan

Spot on Mark. He wants to play like Barcelona despite telling us in a post match interview that our players aren't good enough.

Hartlepool sat so deep second half yesterday, there was no space in behind for Cureton, so he was nullified. Hackett says we put 20 crosses into their box, yet we had nobody tall enough to win a header and everything was headed out with ease - he used his last sub to make a like for like change in centre mid instead of adding height. Did he throw a centre half up front at the death? No. He kept trying the same thing.
shoreyda2nd

I don''t think that the team is that bad, it just lacks a tough-tackling central midfielder (imagine Abu in there, the difference it would make...)