The Real World

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

The club cannot afford to sack Wayne and Warren, and no one can blame them for not resigning, so something else is needed.

In my line of business, underperforming staff are moved within the business or put on indefinite garden leave, with the hope that they leave of their own accord before their contract is up. The important point is that they cannot influence the area that has been underperforming whilst under their control.

So, if we assume that Darren still has some degree of trust with the squad, we "park" Wayne and Warren, and appoint Darren and say Curo as our interim management team.

This would hopefully get some of us back on board and certain team members might start to feel that they will be given a chance.

One risk of this approach is that I have assumed that Darren is one of the good guys !

I accept all the points about lack of budget etc, but it appears that this current squad with Wayne and Warren running the show, is not working and something is needed to give us some fresh impetus.

After 13 games we are not improving and keeping Jones out of the team just about sums up where we are going wrong.
The Romford Dagger

TheLion wrote:The club cannot afford to sack Wayne and Warren, and no one can blame them for not resigning, so something else is needed.

In my line of business, underperforming staff are moved within the business or put on indefinite garden leave, with the hope that they leave of their own accord before their contract is up. The important point is that they cannot influence the area that has been underperforming whilst under their control.

So, if we assume that Darren still has some degree of trust with the squad, we "park" Wayne and Warren, and appoint Darren and say Curo as our interim management team.

This would hopefully get some of us back on board and certain team members might start to feel that they will be given a chance.

One risk of this approach is that I have assumed that Darren is one of the good guys !

I accept all the points about lack of budget etc, but it appears that this current squad with Wayne and Warren running the show, is not working and something is needed to give us some fresh impetus.

After 13 games we are not improving and keeping Jones out of the team just about sums up where we are going wrong.
Are we allowed to randomly place them on gardening leave? I haven't a scooby
Richie

Why do you lay the blame partly at Warren's door yet Darren gets off free and should instead get a promotion to be manager?
Adrian

Richie wrote:Why do you lay the blame partly at Warren's door yet Darren gets off free and should instead get a promotion to be manager?
I'd guess because Currie has managed to avoid getting into confrontations with supporters while Hackett hasn't.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Richie wrote:Why do you lay the blame partly at Warren's door yet Darren gets off free and should instead get a promotion to be manager?
I'd guess because Currie has managed to avoid getting into confrontations with supporters while Hackett hasn't.
Spot on. Hackett is all defensive when questioned exactly the same as his 'MATE' Wayne.

Currie is nothing but a total professional and I would rather him be in charge.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:[
Currie is nothing but a total professional and I would rather him be in charge.
Is that while you continue boycotting matches by turning up or are you actually not going to turn up ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !