Players to have a look at?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
easthamdagger

I moved to Clacton end of July so its a 70 mile drive for a Daggers home game.When fixtures are kind i go to see FC Clacton who play in the Thurlow Nunn Premier league.
I've seen 4 games and in all those games 2 players gave had really good games.Chris Ribchester a centre half,about 6ft 5,good in the air,-scored Saturday,and good on the floor also.Plus Aaron Condon,tricky left winger who also scored saturday.
Obviously part timers but i reckon the Daggers could do worse than have a look
Cockney Byrites

There is a guy who plays for Long Melford from the same league called Jamie Griffiths who has scored 37 goals in 49 appearances for the club.
He is 23 and apparently can play up front and in midfield.
Even at that level that strike rate is pretty impressive.
mickeyblue

My son plays in midfield for valence and tackles like a all black on roids.

Is just what we need lol
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

There was a young striker at Barking a couple of years ago who someone mentioned had 30 odd goals in about 20 games for them... he's now with Grays but West Ham have sent scouts to see him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... letic.html
Masked Man

When we made League 1, were we still bolstered by our non-league players? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure the team at Wembley included some who'd come up with us, or come from the depths.... Did they doi better than the seeming 'journeymen' we get now?

Is it time to go back to our roots and look for 'proper' grass roots battlers to mix in with a bit more technical talent?

It's better to go down battling, with heart and with players who care, rather than mercenaries. I'm not calling all of our players mercenaries, I'm sure many are professional and view playing for the club as a matter of pride.
mickeyblue

yes mm is my thoughts aswell.

its the same as young players you need experience around to help.

with a proper defensive midfielder we could become a good side. the thing is we all see it before season kicked off and we replaced 2 with players that not fit to lace there boots.
but we finished 9th!
PaulHornchurch

If anyone sees a decent player, e-mail Wayne or Darren at the Club. You won't be surprised the Club doesn't have the money to run scouts all over the country.

Don't just say he's a good player, give as much detail as you can.
bloke down the pub

Its a real Manager we want !
easthamdagger

I mentioned the centre half to Tommo and he said we have scouts all over the country.
Mike the Dagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:If anyone sees a decent player, e-mail Wayne or Darren at the Club. You won't be surprised the Club doesn't have the money to run scouts all over the country.

Don't just say he's a good player, give as much detail as you can.
easthamdagger wrote:I mentioned the centre half to Tommo and he said we have scouts all over the country.
So we both have and don't have scouts?

Confused yet?

I wonder what they are told to look for? "If you spot a decent holding midfielder or a centre half that can defend, forget it. We need more wingers."