BOYCOTT ALL GAMES

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

HA
ARNU

Nah !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Nah !
Says the west ham fan.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
Says the west ham fan.
I still watch West ham and I probably do more Dagenham than you Mr avid fan.Anyway your arse has gone already and you aint coming no more I thought.Missed 3 and a half games at home in 7 years or so,so I reckon if you are doubting my allegiance(which will be by far the 2nd silliest thing you ever accused me of)then even my most ardent enemies on here will be laughing at you yet again.

So you're doing this boycott then or not ?
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Says the west ham fan.
I still watch West ham and I probably do more Dagenham than you Mr avid fan.Anyway your arse has gone already and you aint coming no more I thought.Missed 3 and a half games at home in 7 years or so,so I reckon if you are doubting my allegiance(which will be by far the 2nd silliest thing you ever accused me of)then even my most ardent enemies on here will be laughing at you yet again.

Chomp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Says the west ham fan.

Good lad Arnu as me old mum use to say you need darkness to see the stars
ARNU

I can assure you a West ham 3-4 home defeat is light years worse than a daggers one.Players on upwards of 50 grand a week doing that is inexcusable.Players on £150 a week and a bus pass,well they deserve a bit more lenience.
bloke down the pub

I have not been for 2yrs, along with around 4/500 others .
jag

Hi All D&R supporters, this is my first time on the forum, it's been prompted by some of your previous comments about the club, some good and some bad. I have been a supporter from the early 60s when we were called just Dagenham and played in the Athenian league in front of about 200 fans, when I look back and see how far this club has come in all those years it makes me proud to be a Dagger, born and bred in Dagenham but now living in East Sussex I try to get to most of the home games as I am now a season ticket holder for the 2nd year running, I saw all the old Wembley amature cup finals of the past and of course our great win against Rotherham, so you can imagine I, like all of us have had to go through the rough and the smooth, I loved it when John Still got us promotion but became disappointed with our long ball game, so when Wayne came in and changed our style to a passing game the team became much more easier on the eye, I have seen you loyal supporters who travel away and you seem a great bunch which I am sure our young team appreciate, I was so disappointed after losing to Mansfield the other week and again losing points to Yeovil on Saturday after taking a 2 goal lead, BUT I will always be a Dagger, Wayne and his coaching staff are trying their best with the calibre of players they have on a very tight budget, so don,t be too hard on him and his staff and certainly do not boycott all games ( WHAT GOOD CAN THAT DO)? I am sure with all our support this club can improve but as I'm sure you know it will take time, don't forget we lost Scott, Abu & Billy recently and that will take time to replace them, please be patient. I promise my next contribution to this forum won't be so long winded. jag.
Mike the Dagger

jag wrote:Hi All D&R supporters, this is my first time on the forum, it's been prompted by some of your previous comments about the club, some good and some bad. I have been a supporter from the early 60s when we were called just Dagenham and played in the Athenian league in front of about 200 fans, when I look back and see how far this club has come in all those years it makes me proud to be a Dagger, born and bred in Dagenham but now living in East Sussex I try to get to most of the home games as I am now a season ticket holder for the 2nd year running, I saw all the old Wembley amature cup finals of the past and of course our great win against Rotherham, so you can imagine I, like all of us have had to go through the rough and the smooth, I loved it when John Still got us promotion but became disappointed with our long ball game, so when Wayne came in and changed our style to a passing game the team became much more easier on the eye, I have seen you loyal supporters who travel away and you seem a great bunch which I am sure our young team appreciate, I was so disappointed after losing to Mansfield the other week and again losing points to Yeovil on Saturday after taking a 2 goal lead, BUT I will always be a Dagger, Wayne and his coaching staff are trying their best with the calibre of players they have on a very tight budget, so don,t be too hard on him and his staff and certainly do not boycott all games ( WHAT GOOD CAN THAT DO)? I am sure with all our support this club can improve but as I'm sure you know it will take time, don't forget we lost Scott, Abu & Billy recently and that will take time to replace them, please be patient. I promise my next contribution to this forum won't be so long winded. jag.
Welcome jag.

This debate isn't about two weeks results, it is about what has been going on for the last two years, pretty much since we were cruising along with some great home form in the 2013/14 season and beat Wycombe 2-0 at Victoria Road on the 30th November 2013.

After that game Wayne Burnett publically ripped into the team for no obvious reason for a "poor performance" in a radio interview, and since our home form has been dire. In the calendar year 2014 we won just 5 (FIVE) games at home, including cup matches and friendlies. We went out of the FA Cup to a poor Southport team with the route to the 3rd round and some decent cup income open, and were sat in the relegation places after a shocking performance at home to Stevenage on Boxing Day.

In the second half of last season things at home improved and we won 6 home games to pull ourselves out of the mire. No one can claim that the football was great to watch though, and the main catalyst to the change of fortune was Wayne finally spotting that his chosen captain, Brian Saah, was a liability, which many people had told him for months, loaning in Abu Obileye and recalling Scott Doe.

With Wayne and a whole raft of players out of contract in the summer, delays in addressing the situation, and some pissing around by Wayne himself signing a two year contract that the club offered him, meant that a number of our better players were able to walk away on free transfers. They may have done anyway, but the situation didn't help. Luke Howell though was "apparently" offered a renewal on a reduced wage which he delayed signing in order to see what else was available and then when he came back, he was told that offer was withdrawn, leaving him, and Scott Doe, playing a division below us for Boreham Wood.

This season, we are now in October, have once again not won at home this season, and are in the relegation places. There is no consistent selection or tactical formation and the habit of losing leads due to trying to protect what we have in the second half of games that has been a feature of much of Burnett's time in charge has once again raised its head, and in the last two weeks alone we have dropped 5 points from games where we held two goal leads. Once again, Burnett's selected captain, Andre Boucard, while undoubtedly a talented footballer, is not obviously a leader of men, yet is an automatic selection when available. We have won three games all season, and in all three Boucard has been away playing for Trinidad & Tobago! Will he be back in on Saturday? Of course he will (although the current rash of injuries may have something to do with that this time).

The situation we had where "we are all Daggers" that was fostered for many years, and made the place special, has been lost. the players no longer applaud the fans at the end of the game and a couple of times there have actually been altercations between supporters and the management team when frustration has boiled over. Wayne's post match interviews, particularly after the occasional win, have been bizarre in the extreme. The one he gave after the win against Carlisle in November 2014 was a total rambling mess and he obviously has a vast chip on his shoulder about how he feels he is not appreciated by the supporters.

The Daggers undoubtedly have one of the smaller playing budgets in the Football League, and as a result cannot expect to be able to compete with some of the big money clubs, but that has always been true and we have always survived, and at times prospered, on good recruitment and a battling quality. Teams must have hated coming to Victoria Road down the years, against a fit, motivated and tactically aware team that never said die. Now it is almost a "gimee". The spirit has gone, and I believe that is coming from the team management. Our home form. and apparent lack of ambition to do more than survive is driving more and more of the hard won support we gained over the years of success under Garry Hill and John Still away again, and as a result the budget issues will only get worse and worse.

Anyway, welcome to the debate!
Masked Man

Can't disagree with any of that Dagger Mike.
Chigwellian

Spot on mike.
dagger4eva

Fantastic post Mike... just one correction though, Wayne called it a "Pathetic' performance after the Wycombe win :)
stanton101

Bet the new blokes chuffed he came on here. :D
OBD

Nail. Head. Hammer. Mike.

Welcome to the forum Jag but I feel you've somewhat misunderstood peoples feelings in this current predicament.
@OfficialBigDave