Bye Bye Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerSince92

Chigwellian wrote:Burnetts got no commitment... He is just here as he needs a job otherwise he would have resigned..

He is just a thug wanting a fight like one of his coaching staff...
This claim is ridiculous. Do you know what Wayne and his coaching staff spend their evenings during the week? At under 21 games looking for players we could potentially get in loan for us. But they aren't committed, of course
Auntie Merge

InTheKnow wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I'm reading that Burnett went down the tunnel 4 minutes before the end then came out to answer one of the supporters back?

No matter how bad we have played I don't ever remember me walking out of a game. I question Burnett's commitment.

BURNETT OUT
He must be the fittest manager in the league if he walked out with 4 minutes to go and still "confronted" a fan at the final whistle. Think before you post or do you have a hidden agenda?
Pah! Hidden agenda?! TROLL by telling me to think before I post. I had thought carefully before I posted - My information has been sourced from people who were at the game and close to the situation, by things they have told me privately or posted on social media.

BURNETT OUT.
ARNU

I think as a fan you have every right to give an opinion of whats been served up to you.I just think that once you have become abusive or personal your victim has every right to reply in kind.Its fair for a fan to be disappointed even to review what has happened vociferously as being "Shit".Wether it has been shit or not a football manager probably should walk away rather than react to every comment,so Wayne needs to just get back to the tunnel asap rather than have it out with clearly upset fans,a lot of whom (Even the otherwise sensible ones)wouldn't be in any frame of mind to accept reasoned argument and a tiny few of whom in all probability are just morons anyway.

So I would urge WB again(And Im a supporter of him) to just go down the tunnel and have a beer and calm down rather than try and justify his every decision,especially in the heat of the moment.Wearing his heart on his sleeve is a weakness he'll never overcome Im afraid.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Just think people having excessive rage about this current situation is out of proportion.If its upsets you that much maybe you should take up some other hobby whereby you are guaranteed success instead of following what is always going to be a team flirting with relegation back to the conference.

Daggyjack....Yes maybe my burns unit analogy was also excessive but having been and seen one just yesterday where a good friends child is now suffering with incredible burns I for one totally realise whats important in life right now and it really aint away draws in league 2.And in light of this Digger the dog you will understand my failure to find your previous comment funny in any way.You would do well to apologise while the option remains open to you.
Apologies Arnu for trolling you. I hope the kid is ok but you do need to stop using references to kids getting murdered and burnt to get your point across.
speedy

I was at the game yesterday and yes Burnett did disappear down the tunnel before the end of the game only to return at the final whistle. Most of our fans applauded the players and some didn't. It was those fans Burnett made a beeline for shouting and hollering about having ten out injured and we should be supporting these kids. He gestured towards the Daggers fans on the terracing saying, those are true fans not you lot in the seats. I was one of those non supporting Daggers in the seats. Cheeky bastard, these fans spend pounds upon pounds of their hard earned money travelling the length and breadth of the country supporting their beloved Daggers. Because they choose to sit DOES NOT make them any less a supporter than those that choose to stand.
After being pulled away by Curo and Currie, Burnett tried to retaliate once again when one fan shouted to him, it's not a question of not supporting the team, it's more a case of what on earth do you say to them at half time all we ever do is sit deep and invite teams on week in week out. Does that really deserve the reaction from the manager that it got? The fan that made the comment was not a youngster but one of our more mature fans who does follow the Daggers to most away games. I can also quite categorically state there was no nastiness or foul language from any of the fans involved, but in turn were told to ****** off by our dear manager.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:I'm reading that Burnett went down the tunnel 4 minutes before the end then came out to answer one of the supporters back?

No matter how bad we have played I don't ever remember me walking out of a game. I question Burnett's commitment.

BURNETT OUT
He must be the fittest manager in the league if he walked out with 4 minutes to go and still "confronted" a fan at the final whistle. Think before you post or do you have a hidden agenda?
Pah! Hidden agenda?! TROLL by telling me to think before I post. I had thought carefully before I posted - My information has been sourced from people who were at the game and close to the situation, by things they have told me privately or posted on social media.

Well just watched highlights and he is not on the bench at final whistle and appears from the tunnel moments later.

Something has obviously wound him up and he has a head of steam . How on earth he has heard anything from a distance of the width of a football pitch that makes him march across with his complete focus on the Person/section of our supporters from where the altercation occurred will have to remain a mystery.

All I heard was that he turned to those on the Terrace and said "they are the true Supporters" and pointed to the terrace.

The whole thing is becoming sadder by the week and as a Supporter who lives for my Saturday afternoon and sometimes mid-week fix it is breaking my heart to watch it.

No doubt we will get spin from Thommo next week just like Barnet away but whatever occurred I left Yeovil yesterday with my heart broken after witnessing such scenes.

That may seem an over reaction but when you see People you have come to respect if not always agree with acting in such a manner then it is nothing short of a very sad day for this Club.
Chigwellian

Your last paragraph Sussex.... are you referring to the supporters or Mr Burnett?
ARNU

speedy wrote:I was at the game yesterday and yes Burnett did disappear down the tunnel before the end of the game only to return at the final whistle. Most of our fans applauded the players and some didn't. It was those fans Burnett made a beeline for shouting and hollering about having ten out injured and we should be supporting these kids. He gestured towards the Daggers fans on the terracing saying, those are true fans not you lot in the seats. I was one of those non supporting Daggers in the seats. Cheeky bastard, these fans spend pounds upon pounds of their hard earned money travelling the length and breadth of the country supporting their beloved Daggers. Because they choose to sit DOES NOT make them any less a supporter than those that choose to stand.
After being pulled away by Curo and Currie, Burnett tried to retaliate once again when one fan shouted to him, it's not a question of not supporting the team, it's more a case of what on earth do you say to them at half time all we ever do is sit deep and invite teams on week in week out. Does that really deserve the reaction from the manager that it got? The fan that made the comment was not a youngster but one of our more mature fans who does follow the Daggers to most away games. I can also quite categorically state there was no nastiness or foul language from any of the fans involved, but in turn were told to ****** off by our dear manager.
Pretty much what my son said Speedy.He was in the standing section thru out the game and went round to sitting bit at the end heard the speech but didn't actually hear Burnett swear at anyone***although it appears in all probability that he did.He does say 2 of his mates asked the old boy what he said to annoy Burnett,then were promptly told by the fan to ****** off as well.So Id say it looks like the fan may have touched a nerve at the very least.

***My son,depending which way the wind is blowing is largely anti Burnett(we constantly bicker about all things Dagenham here too) but says yesterday he felt a bit sorry for them and that he(My son) clapped them off along with the vast majority who were there even though disappointed as the rest of us***
Chigwellian

...so just to reiterate. . Simmo, who is a board member confirmed that nothing was said to any fans by wayne burnett. .

And they wonder why there is animosity between the club and fans when there is total mistrust and lies eminating from the club, especially as I have been on the receiving end of these lies
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:Your last paragraph Sussex.... are you referring to the supporters or Mr Burnett?
Both to be honest, we have been in sticky situations before but we were always together.

Supporters let their frustrations out on places such as this and The Management would not have confronted fans but use other avenues to defend themselves.

The whole situation is so very sad.
dagger4eva

Chigwellian.. I was going to say, bit of a difference in the side of the story between Speedy & Simmo!

Sometimes, some things in football just arent meant to be.

Dave Hogan was never meant to be a Goalkeeper.

Chris Dickson was never meant to be a goalscorer.

Gavin Tomlin was never going to succeed playing for us while he had a hole in his arse.

Unfortunately, wayne burnett just isnt a good match for us as manager. The sooner both parties go their seperate ways the better.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Two years of mid table finishes also suggest he is far from a disaster either.

Just playing devils advocate.
InTheKnow

Chigwellian wrote:...so just to reiterate. . Simmo, who is a board member confirmed that nothing was said to any fans by wayne burnett. .

And they wonder why there is animosity between the club and fans when there is total mistrust and lies eminating from the club, especially as I have been on the receiving end of these lies
I've re-read his post. He didn't say Wayne said nothing. I read that as Wayne was trying to talk to the supporter. so far we have davgers4eva saying the supporter is the nicest guy in the world and ARNU saying his boy got sworn at by him. I've also heard from someone in the seats who reckons Wayne said that real supporters get behind the team like those on the terrace to the guy moaning which again is different to Speedy. We can all believe what we want out of the comments made.
ARNU

Just to clarify....My boy wasn't sworn at personally,2 of the guys he met up with went and said to the guy "What exactly did you say to Burnett to make him angry ? You must have said something" there was then a disagreement where both parties exchanged unpleasantries.My son was then told after by these 2 that both parties told each other to f off.

It sounds to me like this fan in particular had a bit of a row with Burnett.Id imagine something unacceptable was said and then because WB has no control and a pretty shit temper he then lashed out rather than just got out of the way like he probably ought to.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Really do want to know where all this is going to end.

The poor bloke dont seem to be getting a fair crack of the whip.

If he had a full strength squad to choose from then he should rightfully come in for a bit of stick.

When you play a forward player at left back and a full back at Centre back then the likelyhood if a mistake is going to multplie.

It was good to see tgat those who were forced to play out of postition did very well but when was the last time anything posative was said on here.

The other posative is that we appear to have a Caprain who played loke a Captain. It also can not go unoticed that he has a repour with the fans.

The latest dig at him is that he was kind enough to offer a lift to a few fans who he stumbled across at the Station ,a journey that would have cost our supporters a good deal of money by Taxi. That in some quarters i noticed has been seized upon. Last week it was the Management were being distant from the fans.

Yesterday two players who have been stand out players over the past weeks made errors that lead to the goals we conceaded. That appears to be the Manages fault, it is a sad reality that in our market place we are going to have Players with mistakes in them, thats not the Managers fault it is the tools he has to work with.

Sadly this who situation to me is turning into a witch hunt