Dave Andrews

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

I'm of the understanding that our illustrious chairman has decided to stand down (although nothing has been mentioned officialy anywhere from what I can find)

I'm sure he will continue to come to games & enjoy his prawn sarnies, but will be a great shame to see him leave his official capacity.

Many a good beer & chat with Dave and he is one bloke who ALWAYS makes himself totally open to speak to any fan about anything daggers related.

Will always remember drunkenly consoling each other at the end of season party following the Bostongate season.

Top man & wish him well in his retirement (once its actually announced)
IanC

Total legend mate,always says hello and as you say will have a chat and even bought
me and steve a drink a couple of times at some far away ground.Will always remember our first home pre season game when we reappointed stilly,walked in the bar early doors and saw him and congratulated him on a great appointment.To which he replied,thanks very much mate your the only one round here who seems to think so.I said hang in there mate things will be fine and the rest is history.Well done dave.l
Mike the Dagger

A bit early for tributes as it is unconfirmed yet, but this picture says a thousand words about being a Dagger. Dave Andrews stood with us at Morecambe in the Conference play off semi, 2003.

Looks like that is Dave Burman he's next too as well, RIP Dave.
Auntie Merge

I've been waiting for the official announcement but (and 20 years ago, who ON EARTH would have thought I would be saying this)

He has been an excellent Chairman for the club and has steered us towards success as much as any team manager or player.

I hope he will still be an integral part of the club and a frequent attendee at games.

I would also add that when we were being attacked at the Aldershot FA Cup game he walked around the ground to stand with us. So much respect (Jezzzz where is Auntie Merge and who has hacked into her account!).

Given that when he was Chairman of Leytonstone Ilford we would frequently chant 'Andrews Out!' It shows how good he was for the club/clubs in the long haul.
Masked Man

I remember when Garry Hill quit he told me in the bar that he knew who he wanted and he would 99% get them. He smiled wrily the week after when Stilly was appointed. Not too many clubs the Chairman will happily drink with you and share information.
leewilson

Confirmed.

Thank you for everything Dave.
USADAGGER nick

Hope to meet the man at a home game when I get the chance to come over and see a match, or three
Auntie Merge

just to add, I had many, many, MANY rows with him when I was running Leytonstone Ilford - Redbridge Forest supporters club. From him trying to throw me out of the clubhouse for sitting with the wreath that we put on the pitch (last league game at Granleigh Road) on one of the tables, to protests about how badly the team was doing, against mergers etc etc etc. Many a time we stood on the terraces shouting 'Andrews out! Andrews out! Andrews out!'

In one row I remember shouting at him across the clubhouse 'Are you a man or a mouse? You are the Chairman FFS!'. A man, definitely a man, who has done so much for our club and really not taken enough credit for it.
Chigwellian

Auntie Merge, you dared to swear at one of the management?

OMG.... Now days, you would be threatened by Steve Thompson with a banning order
Auntie Merge

I did far more than swear at the management... Organise protests, pitch invasions, write leaflets to be handed out at AGMS (I'm the person who coined the pre-merger campaign phrase 'Don't be ruled by greed, be ruled by loyalty'). I didn't earn the nickname of Auntie Merge by being all sweetness and light you know!
Mike the Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:Image

A bit early for tributes as it is unconfirmed yet, but this picture says a thousand words about being a Dagger. Dave Andrews stood with us at Morecambe in the Conference play off semi, 2003.
OK now it is confirmed, I would like to add my thanks to the others for all Dave's work over the years for the club, much of it questioned at every turn. That we are where we are says he hasn't made too many bad calls, and it will be interesting to see if the new regime will continue with his low profile way of doing things or be a little more "up front".

Enjoy your retirement Dave.

Daggers clinch promotion - Dave Andrews' finest hour?
Ilford Dagger

I too wanted him out years ago but fair play to him for what he has achieved for the Club & as others have said he is just as happy to stand with the fans as with Club officials & has never shied away from speaking to fans. Thanks for all the great memories Dave, now just enjoy your football without the worry!
Mikins

Here's just hoping the new Dave will be as great a servant to the club as Dave Andrews was. Enjoy your retirement Dave, you've certainly earned it from my point of view. :)
Sorry about your damn luck!