Save Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

DTD,

The point I am trying to make is, what are the alternatives?? I am not saying that means everything is right, but there needs to be reasonable alternatives when people want to make change.

I am in agreement with the overall feeling that things are quite rubbish and not enjoyable at the moment. I have been to less games at this stage of the season than in any season since I reckon 95/96. It is clear that others are in same boat. But what I am saying is, what would people propose as suggestions to help change things?? The petition, and a lot of the rants on here are just against current processes, rarely to people put forward anything viable as an alternative.

I also think lumping everything together is not the way to analyse these things, but this naturally happens when things are going badly on the pitch. For instance, I think the badge is naff (unlike ARNU) and I know others didn't like it when it happened, but now that is being thrown into the mix in the same pot as whether Ferdinand tackles enough or Jodie Jones should play 90 minute on the right flank!!!

If people want to have a petition or the like, then conclude it by asking people to back five changes at the bottom of it?? 5 things you believe could be put in place which would go some way to restoring a bit of enthusiasm and enjoyment around the Club, and 5 things which you believe can realistically be implemented by the Club (whether they can or not may or may not be the case, but 5 things the people signing the petition would believe can be implemented).

Off the top of my head, my four would be:

Ditch the new badge (ARNU won't sign for this one ha ha)
Arrange for some sort of bar behind the sieve serving beers (it worked at Barnet)
Ask the Management Team to ensure all players go into the Sponsors lounge after game to interact with sponsors and supporters
Suggest to the Board that a Supporters Representative attends certain sections of the Board/Committee Meetings
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:DTD,

The point I am trying to make is, what are the alternatives?? I am not saying that means everything is right, but there needs to be reasonable alternatives when people want to make change.

I am in agreement with the overall feeling that things are quite rubbish and not enjoyable at the moment. I have been to less games at this stage of the season than in any season since I reckon 95/96. It is clear that others are in same boat. But what I am saying is, what would people propose as suggestions to help change things?? The petition, and a lot of the rants on here are just against current processes, rarely to people put forward anything viable as an alternative.

I also think lumping everything together is not the way to analyse these things, but this naturally happens when things are going badly on the pitch. For instance, I think the badge is naff (unlike ARNU) and I know others didn't like it when it happened, but now that is being thrown into the mix in the same pot as whether Ferdinand tackles enough or Jodie Jones should play 90 minute on the right flank!!!

If people want to have a petition or the like, then conclude it by asking people to back five changes at the bottom of it?? 5 things you believe could be put in place which would go some way to restoring a bit of enthusiasm and enjoyment around the Club, and 5 things which you believe can realistically be implemented by the Club (whether they can or not may or may not be the case, but 5 things the people signing the petition would believe can be implemented).

Off the top of my head, my four would be:

Ditch the new badge (ARNU won't sign for this one ha ha)
Arrange for some sort of bar behind the sieve serving beers (it worked at Barnet)
Ask the Management Team to ensure all players go into the Sponsors lounge after game to interact with sponsors and supporters
Suggest to the Board that a Supporters Representative attends certain sections of the Board/Committee Meetings
I was not disagreeing with you Dashers you make some very valid points. I like your four options but the board should already be thinking like this not expecting supporters to give them ideas, they are paid a wage after all.
Chigwellian

I think that with the number of signatures on the petition, the board should meet with some of the supporters and listen to their view
InTheKnow

Diggerthedog wrote: I like your four options but the board should already be thinking like this not expecting supporters to give them ideas, they are paid a wage after all.
I think you'll find that eight of the Board pay money IN and take NO money out
Chigwellian

InTheKnow wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: I like your four options but the board should already be thinking like this not expecting supporters to give them ideas, they are paid a wage after all.
Totally irrelevant.... Because they put money in, doesn't give them the right to drive our club into oblivion with their bad bad decisions.
Diggerthedog

InTheKnow wrote:
So we are being bank rolled? in that case why do we constantly her about budgets being low? where is all this money going?

We as fans all put money in, I worked out the other day myself about £1000 over a year.
InTheKnow

Chigwellian wrote: Totally irrelevant.... Because they put money in, doesn't give them the right to drive our club into oblivion with their bad bad decisions.
You're ignoring the facts posted in response to a slur. Someone accused the Board of taking money out and I was just highlighting that they put money in - nothing else.
Diggerthedog

InTheKnow wrote:
Chigwellian wrote: Totally irrelevant.... Because they put money in, doesn't give them the right to drive our club into oblivion with their bad bad decisions.
You're ignoring the facts posted in response to a slur. Someone accused the Board of taking money out and I was just highlighting that they put money in - nothing else.
So they don't get wined and dine at home and away games at a cost to the club? I will consider that taking money out.
InTheKnow

Diggerthedog wrote: So they don't get wined and dine at home and away games at a cost to the club? I will consider that taking money out.
They all pay for their food at home matches. I've been fortunate enough to be in the sponsors lounge when the money's been collected off them. Away matches have no cost to our club.
Kevin

Have no problem with the board being fed & watered - great that they pay at home, but I certainly wouldn't have kittens if they didn't.

This is the sort of personal rubbish that distracts from the main issue - i.e. our current manager;

- cannot identify/attract players with a modicum of character,
- cannot motivate them to play to the best of their ability.
dagger4eva

Have no problem with the board being fed & watered - great that they pay at home, but I certainly wouldn't have kittens if they didn't.

This is the sort of personal rubbish that distracts from the main issue - i.e. our current manager;

- cannot identify/attract players with a modicum of character,
- cannot motivate them to play to the best of their ability.

THIS !!!!!!
Diggerthedog

InTheKnow wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: So they don't get wined and dine at home and away games at a cost to the club? I will consider that taking money out.
They all pay for their food at home matches. I've been fortunate enough to be in the sponsors lounge when the money's been collected off them. Away matches have no cost to our club.
You seem to know what is exactly going on at the club. How much money are they putting in? are they loans which they want back with interest?
dagger4eva

As far as I was aware, other than putting up a small amount of money each as guarantees (remember, we are now a limited company by guarantee) - there is no-one person within the club who puts their money in, in the sense of a financial investment.

I thought all monies came in from either sponsorships, football and bar related takings - incl cup runs or not as is the case recently and also personal donations.

Then again, I may be wrong ....
Hardy1

Is this petition serious???

The full time whistle at Wembley effectively ruined this club.

Bournemouth will suffer the same.
ARNU

Someone has to be 23rd.Maybe,just maybe the players aint good enough.If they give their all what more could anyone do with them ?

Right now id say we're getting nothing out of Kane Ferdinand and 100% out of the rest including the manager.Im sure Hemmings was nearly in tears the other day at the end and im betting Burnett had a far less comfortable nights sleep than the majority of us who'd forgot all about it by the time we were passing the eastbrook on the way home.

When players don't try that's when I get the arse.We will come good and the haters of Burnett will find something else to dig him out on.I know as I've been one).But to me he never gave up last season and pulled it round.That shows character so while I will highlight the odd mistake(He defo shouldn't do interviews straight after a game)Im totally comfortable that that is a man trying his best.And for 8 quid a game I aint really got much say other than that really.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !