Burnett Post match interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EastLDN

“We’ve lost players that would drive the team forward but we have players that are driving the team forward but we don’t have enough of them. We need men in the team, we shouldn’t be getting be in the position we were in. The minimum requirement is a draw for the second half score line because that would have meant we won the game.”

What???
EastLDN

This shit is actually on the official site
matt_drfc

We've lost leaders, we still have some but not enough, need men in this situation and we shouldn't be getting beat when 3-1 up. Being 3-2 up at HT, the minimum second half result is a draw, so we would still win. (3-2 + 0-0/1-1/2-2/3-3 = a win)

Via Google Translate
Mark

He can't coach a side to defend or attack set plays. He can't work out his best side. He is tactically woeful. He is ******** useless and needs to get the ****** out of our club.
dagger4eva

Taken from another part of his interview with the Post

“Do people expect us to be mid-table or in the play-offs? I’m not going to keep going on about budgets but just look at Barnet. I tried to get Gavin Hoyte and Aaron McLean was desperate to stay here"

Almost felt sorry for him for a minute.

But then I thought no-one EXPECTS us to be mid table and no-one EXPECTS us to be up in the playoffs but what we do EXPECT is more than 1 win in 11 games.
What we do EXPECT is a manager that has a bit of dignity and willing to walk away and say he just isnt up to the job.

If he isnt going to do that, id EXPECT him to be giving John Coleman a buzz this morning to see how to put together a competitive League 2 team with less of a budget than his own
Auntie Merge

Mark wrote:He can't coach a side to defend or attack set plays. He can't work out his best side. He is tactically woeful. He is ******** useless and needs to get the ****** out of our club.
This. But without the f words.

BURNETT OUT.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Taken from another part of his interview with the Post

“Do people expect us to be mid-table or in the play-offs? I’m not going to keep going on about budgets but just look at Barnet. I tried to get Gavin Hoyte and Aaron McLean was desperate to stay here"

But then I thought no-one EXPECTS us to be mid table and no-one EXPECTS us to be up in the playoffs but what we do EXPECT is more than 1 win in 11 games.
What we do EXPECT is a manager that has a bit of dignity and willing to walk away and say he just isnt up to the job.

If he isnt going to do that, id EXPECT him to be giving John Coleman a buzz this morning to see how to put together a competitive League 2 team with less of a budget than his own
Spot on. All we EXPECT is that the team have a clue tactically and give it everything fro the cause.

After doing OK going forward first half, we stopped playing the same way second half after Burnett had a chance to talk to them at the break. We defended poorly the whole game TBH especially on set pieces. A decent manager would have done something about it defensively.

Well past time to go now Wayne. Please give it up.

Any compensation can be paid by the members of the board that decided offering you another two year contract when we could have been rid of you for free in May.
dagger4eva

Taken from managerstats.co.uk (assume it is accurate)

Wayne has been in charge (if you can call it that) for 126 games. He has won 38 - drawn 33 & lost 55 - so a win % of 30.16%

Of the 126 I reckon there's been genuine entertainment in about 10 of them.

He almost managed to relegate a safe, mid table team in his 1st half season.
Looked as though we were finally going to go up until January of his 2nd season
And so far this term we look completely doomed.

Is there anyone out there that can make a case for him staying in charge???? Anyone??
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Taken from another part of his interview with the Post

He just doesn't get it does he?
I expect to be entertained. I expect to see us as a home team have more efforts at goal than the away team, not for us to have fewer efforts in total than the opposition managed to have on target. I expect to see players looking like they care just a little bit. I expect to see some players that look like they know how to defend.
I don't expect the manager to have a dig at supporters when you scrape a win. I don't expect to find myself not really caring about something that's been part of my life for longer than my wife and kids have.

If I get that then I don't really care where we finish. If I was bothered about what level we played at, I wouldn't have started supporting Dagenham & Redbridge, I'd have gone with a team already higher up the leagues.
Dagger42

dagger4eva wrote:Taken from managerstats.co.uk (assume it is accurate)

Wayne has been in charge (if you can call it that) for 126 games. He has won 38 - drawn 33 & lost 55 - so a win % of 30.16%

Of the 126 I reckon there's been genuine entertainment in about 10 of them.

He almost managed to relegate a safe, mid table team in his 1st half season.
Looked as though we were finally going to go up until January of his 2nd season
And so far this term we look completely doomed.

Is there anyone out there that can make a case for him staying in charge???? Anyone??
The board :cry:
Lcbdagger

Why does wanting your team, at Home, to keep a lead of two goals and turn it in to a victory rather than defeat equate to us all wanting to be promoted??? Literally no awareness of where we are this season sadly
Chigwellian

I've said this from his appointment in the first season when he had a no win ratio stat, and still given the job....

I could see he was tactically clueless, and not only that, I didn't think the entertainment value could go down much lower after John still was past his sell by date..... But. This bloke is killing my club, and all he can do is in his patronising way speak about us long serving supporters who are not wanting to take league 2 by storm, but I do expect to be entertained... I don't mind going home after a defeat, but I do want to have a few memories of a few good moves, shots on goal... Etc.

Like Adrian said before, we are Dagenham & Redbridge, and we are known for our 'never say die' attitude, because we are all daggers.

Wayne Burnett has killed this ethos by 'spinning' the truth in interviews, having pops at supporters who have been supporting the club/s longer than he has been on this earth.

Go Wayne, just go ... I am one of those supporters who just can't stomach going anymore to away games... It started to go bitter for me at Southport last year, and I have already stayed away at 2 home matches this season.

If he doesn't go, I can see our club going the same way as Stockport...

The sad thing is, when anyone says anything, we are called racists, or a possible murderer amongst us (WB mentioned his wife was threatened with death, which I very much doubt), or feeling that we are in a similar environment to Kim Jong un's regime when a 'pillow case' protest was given.

How long can we carry on like this?
Diggerthedog

It will carry on until he resigns, he will never be sacked.

Unless supporters actually force the sacking of him by means of peaceful or in your face vile protests. It will get to a point where all parties are so ****** off it will eventually end in tears.

Act how Thommo the club needs shaking up.

How about a whip round for Wayne to leave? Tenna should do it, one pound for every brain sell.
redboy

The board must take their share of the blame. They had the perfect opportunity in May to say thanks Wayne and wave goodbye.

The team now replicates the board and the manager. No ambition, no fight. Why do we sign players who to quote WB "have lost their way". Ferdinand is a disgrace week in week out, yet never gets substituted. He's scared to get stuck in and rarely breaks sweat. That's not the Dagger spirit. Where are the young, hungry, raw Danny Greens, Paul Bensons, Ogogos, etc that we used to sign?

If Burnett had any pride, he would resign. At the final whistle he cut a forlorn figure standing alone in the centre circle. Nobody except Cureton spoke to him. When he entered the sponsors bar, the players all left. The club are becoming a joke, yet not a funny one. Really don't know how much more the fans will take.
OBD

Diggerthedog wrote: Unless supporters actually force the sacking of him by means of peaceful or in your face vile protests. It will get to a point where all parties are so ****** off it will eventually end in tears.
What kind of peaceful protest would accomplish anything?

They have our season ticket money and we don't have any home cup games coming up that we could try to organise a boycott of.

Banners and singing won't achieve anything either.

It's gonna wind up turning nasty sooner or later mate.
@OfficialBigDave