Long walk home tonight...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Do me a favour Wayne, don't tell the world how unlucky we were or well we played for most of the game, there is NO reason to lose a game at Home against an average side from 3-1 ahead... literally not one reason! Time has to be running out for him surely??
The Romford Dagger

Defense was a sham. No idea how Mansfield onlu scored 2 first half
Diggerthedog

He has to go but he won't.
Dagger42

Wayne wont quit because he will never get another mangers job and club wont sack him we need a miracle.
SUSSEX DAGGER

What an absoloute disgrace a complete and utter shambles from start to finish, dont get carried away with the lead we were gifted we were second best for most of that game everywhere.
Midfield ,well there simply was not one , 3-1 up at home and we have eight men camped on our own 18 yard line shaking like a shitting dog.

Second half has to be the worst any of us have witnessed for a very very long time. We were bullied into submisson .What i saw from Mansfield is what made us what we are, they never stopped trying or beleiving.
The penalty, the equaliser including the softness of the corner in the first instance and the winner was Sunday League stuff.

Absoloute heart breaking to watch my team the team i love died this afternoon.

If Wayne does walk away i cant see many takers for the Job of getting hold iof this shower, make no mistake that is what we have become an absoloute joke.

Sorry i best stop there because if the Players are not there are many many of us hurting tonight.
admin
Site Admin

I was delighted in the first half, played really well. We looked a lot more confident and creative. Chambers looked excellent (it was a shaky defensive but you can only play what is in front of you) Only a couple of problems. Didn't like Connors at left back. Good player and I think him Widdowsson should battle it out for the left back place. I like Connors, he's matured a lot, he's a lot more solid and works really hard but he's one footed and it's really bad for his development to play him at right back. Other problem was poor marking from set pieces, a few players left unmarked. They had a clear header at goal which should of been scored.

2nd half different story. They didn't look confident at all and fell apart. Made it simple for a side which didn't look great. Absolute gift of 3 points.

Very frustrating afternoon
Diggerthedog

If you was delighted with the first half then you must be Wayne's wife. They should have had at least 5 goals first half 2 free headers over and two super saves kept us in it. It was a shambles start to finish, the defending for the first goal summed it all up, great strike but the inability to clear it before that was pub team stuff.
Richie

How good was Doe to make Ayo look like a competent defender?!

As has been said, they should have scored 7
Mark

Different Ayo if you ask me. He's cruising at the moment. Heart doesn't look in it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

is it him or was it his partner who looked absoloute shocking. Gave an interview tho week saying he was still learning the language, well at least he has an excuse as for the other outfield players well they look as if they are having the same problem
Richie

Ayo was definitely the weak link of the two IMO
SUSSEX DAGGER

fair enough Ritchie perhaps i am being harsh, but lets leave the defence for the moment what is going on in our Midfield it is tottally non exsistant . When you are 3-1 up you only have to keep the ball , we had nobody in our midfield who wanted it let alone try to keep it.

Sorry unless we tackle this area we are going down quicker then a tyre with a 6 inch nail in it
Richie

No arguments there Sussex. Ferdinand and Boucard again though, what do they say about insanity? Doing the same things and expecting different results
The Romford Dagger

On a different note, I was kinda happy to see hemmings at full time effing and blinding with teara in his eyea ay full time as he stormed down the tunnel. Dont know if anyone else in TBS noticed this? Nice to see we are not the only ones gutted with that result albeit one Mansfield totally deserved
leewilson

Richie wrote:No arguments there Sussex. Ferdinand and Boucard again though, what do they say about insanity? Doing the same things and expecting different results
We solved that issue today, well for 70 minutes anyway. Boucaud and Ferdinand were far more comfortable with Chambers/McClure rotating who was dropping a bit deeper to sit on a deeper Mansfield midfielder.

Mansfield's first was a wonder goal and the 2nd a penalty after some poor play from the CBs. Their other chances were from set pieces (aside from one drive at the end of 1st half). 2nd half they didn't test Liam from range at all.

Then we decided to go 4-4-2 again at the end and got overrun. Sigh.