Long walk home tonight...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Boucaud would be fine in a 3 with two players who work as per end of last season. Right now he's a liability. Down to the manager.
The Romford Dagger

Mark wrote:Boucaud would be fine in a 3 with two players who wornd of last season. Right now he's a liability. Down to the manager.

Exactly. We can all see a 4-3-3 is needed whilst we're in this midfield state. Yet Wayne can't see it. I echo sussex's words about labadie - cant wait for his return as he will at least fight for it and basically be a man. Ferdinand typified us (from the gamea ive seen anyway) today when he had a 50/50 tackle and he completely bottled it.

No fight. No character. No tactical awareness. No leadership. NO CHANCE
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
admin wrote:Not too worried about losing Billy and Abu. Both great players but moved on to better opportunities something which very hard to stop. Losing Luke Howell to boreham wood was outrageous though, it's more than a bit worrying when you lose a player to them. I echo your words, he's a massive loss. He had a bit of heart. Boucard and Ferdinand are both great players (Ferdinand was class for Southend). But both of them haven't got the right attitude, haven't got any heart and simply play like they don't care and that's the problem and that's why they simply aren't doing the business for us.
Think that's a bit unfair on Boucaud. He definitely cares and has the right attitude, but he isn't the same type of player as Ogogo/Howell, he won't cover every blade of grass, that's not his fault, he should have 2 runners around him to get the best out of him. That's the managers fault, of course WB hasn't got a shit load of players in that position but he really should have seen the problems weeks ago and changed formation, took until the second half Tuesday/today's game for him to realise that another man to link the play is needed.
Does Boucaud have the right attitude? He's always tended to disappear a bit when it's not going well. On more than one occasion this season we've conceded a goal when he's just not bothered to go with a man. That doesn't require runners, that's basics.
He said when he was made captain that he'd lead by example. If he's currently giving a the right example, then we're utterly stuffed.
Masked Man

Adrian wrote:Today was probably a first for me in over 20 years watching the Daggers. A home game on a Saturday that I missed without anything else planned. With no season ticket I just had no intention of wasting my money on a repeat of what I've seen so far this season.
Me too. Forgot to renew and that's been a blessing in disguise, I've been doing other stuff and enjoying in greatly. I'll come back at Xmas and have a look, but I'm glad I'm not watching!!