Sacked in the morning...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Also in that interview he moans about losing Bingham, Ogogo and Howell the latter who he offered a new contract to but for less money as he deemed him not good enough for the same money....ummm you signed Richards who was INJURED and now that injury now requires surgery and he is out for three months you bloody numpty.

Just do us all a favour and leave Wayne it's simply not working out for you here it's too much tippy tippy for this league and you got shown up yesterday by Martin Allen who is a one trick pony, take that ungreatful Kane Ferdinand with you.

Yesterday was the day the straw broke the camels back.

2 and a half years you have had to work out what is actually needed to win games in this division and you still can't get it right, not good enough.
redboy

In the last week, we've played two poor teams and registered one point. Yesterday was bad beyond belief. Why was JJ on the bench? How did Ferdinand last 90 mins? Where was our midfield? It was embarrassing and tbh, after Barnet had put the game to bed, I wouldn't have minded if they had got 5 or 6 just to show Dumb and Dumber on the touchline how bad they are. Respect to Liam though for showing some fighting spirit and pulling off some great saves.

There's no point asking the board to act, cos they know F All about football or they wouldn't have re-appointed this clown in the first place. The budget argument doesn't wash either. Look at Accrington. Same budget at us, but in the top 6 (albeit with a nasty b'stard of a manager). Crowds will sink below 1000 soon, so financially be better to sack him now. We've ridden our luck a few times but this year will be our last hurrah in the FL, unless drastic action is taken. Respect to our support yesterday too, certainly more worthy of wearing the shirt than most of the toothless wonders on the pitch who should club together and offer the fans a refund. Isnt that what happens when you pay for something and it doesn't F'king turn up!!!
easthamdagger

If Burnett did go then who could replace him.We have done inhouse and that doesn't seem to have worked.Why go for Martin Ling as he seems to be available,another failed manager from other clubs.We need someone who knows the National League and div 2,but who?

I thought that the idea of winning games is to play your best team,Hines and Jones on the bench,clearly we did not play our best team.Its a results business and we are not getting enough of the right results.If we don't do something soon ........
Mikins

Let's put this one to bed right now. The board don't have the balls to sack him, if they did they would have a long time ago.

That said every season under WB we have started out dire, so I don't know why anyone's surprised.
Sorry about your damn luck!
mickeyblue

he wont be sacked, we all know that, the question is why give him another contract when the change of manager would of been cheaper and needed.

no way he should of got a 2 year deal, imo we should of got rid but if offered a new contract why not a 1 year.

with our team we need a manager that commands respect and demands performances not this utter crap.
but we finished 9th!
Richie

Same thing every season. We'll come good.
DI Mike Dashwood

Good morning from Sunhill,

Well, that was (for various reasons) my first game of the season. I wish it was going to be my last if I am honest!?!?

When the great Wally and Bill are seen drinking behind the stand with 30 minutes to go rather than offering their support you know things must be bad!!!

Not sure what to make of it, as difficult to comment on one game. I thought the front two looked quite lively if I am honest. Doidge seemed to be getting a bit of stick but I thought he won quite a bit in the air and looked ok when the right service was provided. The midfield was pedestrian to say the least, and then he took off Hemmings who although not playing brilliantly looked one of our more likely threats. Ferdinand then comes inside and was even less effective than he was out wide (if that's possible)!! Jones comes on and looked very bright which begs the question why he is not starting rather than being expected to perform miracles when the game is already done.

At the back we were a shambles!! Dear oh dear. They had already got in once down their left channel before they scored, and that was in the second minute!!! I hope the £200** a week extra (** total guess/tongue in cheek comment) Boreham Wood are paying Doey that we couldn't afford is being spent wisely elsewhere. The first goal looked soft but after that O'Brien made 2 or 3 very good saves.

All in.........not very good. Could someone else do better?? I don't know. One thing is for sure though, any change would surely give some renewed enthusiasm and hope round the Club, as there seems little of either at the moment.

I thought the cricket season was depressing, and then by 5pm on Saturday I was wishing it was May again.

Anyway, see you all tomorrow night.
dagger4eva

"When the great Wally and Bill are seen drinking behind the stand with 30 minutes to go rather than offering their support you know things must be bad!!!"

Even worse... they weren't alone - by a long chalk!

Anyone who actually believes Wayne will be sacked / walk away from the remaining 1 1/2 years of his contract needs their heads testing. I am genuinely 100% certain that we could lose the next 10-15 games on the spin and he would STILL be in charge.

Going back to his interview on Saturday it's rather odd how he all of a sudden "understands the fans frustrations".
and yet I bet he will be back to slating the fans when/if he manages to win his next game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dont take long for some news to cheer you up, Evans been sackex at Rotherham
Masked Man

Kind of happy I forgot to renew my season ticket at the moment, as I won't have to suffer at least until Xmas as I've made other plans until then!
IanC

Regarding me and wally drinking downstairs it wasnt just the performance alone,i walk out cos i cant sit there watching shit and hearing some of the shit that gets yelled out.
IanC

Have a go by all means but some of it is just disgusting,id rather go and drown my sorrows in beer.Plus side tonight im in sunnier clims so wont be there.Guaranteed win.