Newport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Cause for concern. We for some reason played very defensively against the team bottom of the table. Very frustrated.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Adrian

I wouldn't say we were defensive. We were just garbage. 64 mins for our first shot on target at home to a team that poor is just pathetic.
stanton101

As a spectical it was awful, absolutely no idea on how to break down a piss poor team like Newport. Our substitutions week in week out are like for like, no change in formation at all from what I can see, which is needed if things aren't going to plan (if there ever was one!!) Very frustrating and annoying.
Lcbdagger

Trying to get too downhearted as a better finishing session today would have seen a 4 or 5 goal victory with the chances we created... sadly that is the worst team we are likely to play against in many a season. Terrible starting XI that got worse when their subs came on.

The middle of the park with two defensive midfielders HAS to be looked at as they offer so little going forward... especially at Home against the league's worst team (let's not pretend they are unfortunate to be winless this campaign).

There are sadly no excuses for not putting a team like that away given our already poor start to the season.
ARNU

Why take off Doidge when McClueless contributed nothing all game yet again ?? Wayne loves a midget up front doesn't he ? Havent seen McClueless or Kane Ferdinand do anything I couldn't do myself and Id be shite so that's saying something.Poor poor poor bore draw !! 1600 attndance was it today ? They'll be flocking in next game NOT. I CAN wait for the next game.Oh and Zavon is spent now.Too worried about getting injured again,to be honest don't know why he dropped Jones.Wheres Wagamama,surely hes got to be in with a shout now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Why take off Doidge when McClueless contributed nothing all game yet again ?? Wayne loves a midget up front doesn't he ? Havent seen McClueless or Kane Ferdinand do anything I couldn't do myself and Id be shite so that's saying something.Poor poor poor bore draw !! 1600 was it today I CAN wait for the next game.Oh and Zavon is spent now.Too worried about getting injured again,to be honest don't know why he dropped Jones.Wheres Wagamama,surely hes got to be in with a shout now.
You been in a coma for a month? McClueless scored 4 goals in 3 games up until Carlisle. Ferdinand has done fine, could get forward more but he does what is asked of him. This was Zav's first start since February 2014, so of course he won't be completely 100% up to speed. Jones hasn't started a game since Stevenage so hasn't just been dropped really and Yusuff is on loan at St. Albans...
Don Beech 3

Poor that. First 10 minutes looked to attack with pace and get at them, could even have scored after 30 seconds. Then the rest of the half seemed to drift by. Second half never really got going until the last 15 minutes and yes on another day one of those chances would be in and there would be a home win.
I think the way the side played in the 1st half would have been better for a McClure/Doidge & Cureton attack yet in the second half when attacking primarily down the wings would have been best for McClure & Doidge.
Surprised they had more chances than we did although if their scuffed free kicks count then it might be about right
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote:Why take off Doidge when McClueless contributed nothing all game yet again ?? Wayne loves a midget up front doesn't he ? Havent seen McClueless or Kane Ferdinand do anything I couldn't do myself and Id be shite so that's saying something.Poor poor poor bore draw !! 1600 attndance was it today ? They'll be flocking in next game NOT. I CAN wait for the next game.Oh and Zavon is spent now.Too worried about getting injured again,to be honest don't know why he dropped Jones.Wheres Wagamama,surely hes got to be in with a shout now.
Were we watching the same game? I thought Ferdinand was great, some of the tackles he did and the way he was ordering the defence around reminded me of Peter Gain in his pomp.

And I thought Zav was busy and direct and our best attacking outlet, was much better than Ash today.
Adrian

Not sure why Ferdinand gets such a hard time from some. He's not amazing but he does a good job in the middle and we'd get absolutely over-run without him there from what I've seen.
McClure did plenty, although some his shooting was a little bit too hit and hope. Doidge didn't do much either other than flop around a bit to buy a couple of free kicks.

Hines was Hines. He's great in spells, but doesn't like getting a kick and tends to fade once he's had a couple of hard challenges.

The problem is our wide play is all too predictable. Our wide players want to come short and then have to beat players, which they don't do enough. Then when they can't get past someone they end up coming inside and closing everything down.
Someone needs to dig them outs some videos of Mark Janney to show them how it's done.
Mike the Dagger

Stayed at home and sorted the garden out. Seems I chose wisely.

Back in the relegation places. Burnett out!
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Why take off Doidge when McClueless contributed nothing all game yet again ?? Wayne loves a midget up front doesn't he ? Havent seen McClueless or Kane Ferdinand do anything I couldn't do myself and Id be shite so that's saying something.Poor poor poor bore draw !! 1600 attndance was it today ? They'll be flocking in next game NOT. I CAN wait for the next game.Oh and Zavon is spent now.Too worried about getting injured again,to be honest don't know why he dropped Jones.Wheres Wagamama,surely hes got to be in with a shout now.
You just confirmed what a poster on hear said to me on the way out. Cureton misses at least two sitters and waste at least another couple of chances and he has his name sung, McGlure has a bad game and he comes in for. spades.

looking at a previous post at least it was not unxpected by some of our fans.

We did not have to be any better then we were to walk past a very poor team but we could not finish a Fish supper.

Absoloute wastefull in front of goal. The ball bounced off poor McGlure all afternoon like a trampoline. Personally would have kept Doidge on as we hardly played it to feet owing to the abscence of that box to box midfielder that we desperstely need to link the midfield to the front men.

Typical Dagenham result who remain the bookies coupon buster.
Diggerthedog

First half was possibly the worst 45 minutes of footy I have ever seen over Victoria Road ever, probably worse than the Ryman years at least there was some intent from both teams back then.

Second half was marginally better but if you can't put away a terrible side like Newport you are in for a long hard slog, had a bet on the draw so I'm quids in so will treat myself it a few beers tonight at a wedding reception. 1 win in 8 is crap and relegation form, it was a must win and we failed miserably.

Someone mentioned today we now win once at home every six games under Burnett, he moans about budgets but you won't have a half decent one until you start winning at home to bring in the crowds. Dust off that pillowcase lads.
Mark

Thought McClure did well dropping into the hole behind Doidge first half. However Doidge can't run in behind so I thought bringing Cureton on for him was the right decision. Doidge works hard and is good with crosses coming in but the ball bounces off him just as much as McClure.

The first half was absolutely dire. Once again we seem to think passing the ball really slowly is going to cut it.

Thankfully for part of the second half we played like a proper league two side and got it wide and got crosses in. If we could finish we'd have a 2 nil win under our belt. I thought Hines Hemmings and Jones all did well in this period.

I can't understand why we are so variable. To win games we need to play in the opponents half and need to get crosses into the box. We do this for a maximum of about half hour per game. The rest of the time we revert to this languid rubbish which has been a feature of Wayne since he took over. Yet he goes ballistic when this happens like at half time today. Either he doesn't like it but is incapable of fixing it, or he thinks you can win games simply by keeping the ball in your own half.

They are the worst side we'll see this season and we failed to win. We just about got away today with 442 with that eleven. Either we need more legs in the middle 2 or we need to go 433 against better sides.
ARNU

I sat high up in the TBS today for a change and it looks worse from up there.You get a sense of the shape and formation and the ****** ups are more magnified.I stand by my statement that i haven't seen McClure do anything.Every home game hes been in id have took him off,same for Ferdinand.Thought Boucard did better today made some good tackles.So all of you sticking up for those 2,whose fault is it we cant beat crappy old Newport,and they really were the worst team to come here in ages.The table dosent lie.They are bottom for a reason and we're second bottom for the same reason.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I sat high up in the TBS today for a change and it looks worse from up there.You get a sense of the shape and formation and the ****** ups are more magnified.I stand by my statement that i haven't seen McClure do anything.Every home game hes been in id have took him off,same for Ferdinand.Thought Boucard did better today made some good tackles.So all of you sticking up for those 2,whose fault is it we cant beat crappy old Newport,and they really were the worst team to come here in ages.The table dosent lie.They are bottom for a reason and we're second bottom for the same reason.
I was as well arnu. We were the four lads near the newport fans two rows from the back if you maybe noticed. Payed 12 quid for that shite.

As for the game, I have to say we may have seen the two worst sides in the division when in terms of intent. There was literally nothing from either side. Poor poor game.

Thought passley, hines and boucaud did alright I guess. O brien made a decent save and that was about it. Proper rubbish game