Newport Match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Looks like a nailed on win but they have been unlucky the last couple of games after doing a bit of research. Think a win is vital to make a gap between them and us and also get our home form moving.
Mark

Will we take the lead and then try to defend for the second 45 mins, snatching a draw from the jaws of victory?
stanton101

An easy 3-0 win for me.
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote:An easy 3-0 win for me.
I'll take your 3-0 win and double it.
6-0 for me.
A S dagger97

Newport sureley due a first win by now But I think we will be tight 1-0 winners
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
ARNU

We are more than due a home win,this could/should be it.So no surprises if its a 0-2 to Newport.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

I have a theory and this seems the game that sadly fits that theory...

Daggers have an awful habit of loskng at home (usually 1-0 with the goal second half) against the out of fom team bottom of the league atbsome point before Christmas. Its now being made as a big thing on footy league tonight that newport can't win but have, as someone has already said, been playing ok it looks in last 2/3 games.

As newport are bottom, and highly out of form results wise, whilst playing at dagenham, i reckon this will finish 1-0 to newport on that basis alone.

Oh btw with Ipswich playing friday night, i may be making this game saturday so can see all these new players daggers signed. And the new and improvedv(so you all say)?Liam O Brian.

Hoping my prediction is just a load of waffle.
Dagdale

Spot on RD, that theory has been sticking in my mind since Newport's awful season (we're only a slight improvement) and our clash with them Saturday at home. We have a awful habit of teams that look dead and buried pulling out a great result (sometimes kick starting their season) especially at 'fortress Victoria'. Only way I think we're win nicely if we come out of the traps like at Wycombe last month and don't let them get a look in, Carlisle we went down a big gear so I'm pretty sure there could be some changes, may sound like I'm standing on the fence but a 1-1 is all I can see here. Hate to think what it'll be like in the club afterwards if we get walloped!
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:Will we take the lead and then try to defend for the second 45 mins, snatching a draw from the jaws of victory?
This ^^^^
Pondfield Dagger

Dagdale wrote: Hate to think what it'll be like in the club afterwards if we get walloped!
it will be packed with hammers fans watching the man city game....
Mikins

I think we'll keep up with some classic home form. by which I mean play well in the first half, score, go in at half time with the lead, then sit back for the next 45 and invite no end of trouble and then lose 2-1 because we just assumed we'd already won.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Lcbdagger

Mikins wrote:I think we'll keep up with some classic home form. by which I mean play well in the first half, score, go in at half time with the lead, then sit back for the next 45 and invite no end of trouble and then lose 2-1 because we just assumed we'd already won.
Odds on a late Partridge or Elito winner from a set piece for Newport? Anyone?
The Romford Dagger

Decided I shall make the most of the Saturday off for definite now.

Will be at the back of the tbs by the Newport fans if anyone wants to have a chant up there.

COME ON DAGENHAM!
OBD

The Romford Dagger wrote:Decided I shall make the most of the Saturday off for definite now.

Will be at the back of the tbs by the Newport fans if anyone wants to have a chant up there.

COME ON DAGENHAM!
You're better off in the sieve if you wanna sing. We don't do singing in the TBS.
@OfficialBigDave