Daggers Review and Preview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Cockney Byrites

My latest musing about all things Daggers.
Please have a look if you can, it is much appreciated.
If you enjoy my posts then why not take a look at my Fa Cup Glory Hunt and my Ask the Ref Post with Gavin Twattwell.

Thanks in advance.
http://wp.me/p6kGbE-2K
Mike the Dagger

Cockney Byrites wrote:"our star player, Jodi Jones"
Really?

Admittedly we are somewhat bereft of stars right now, but that is heaping a lot on a 17 year old kid there.
shoreyda2nd

Funny how opinions can vary. I thought Jodi had his best game yet against Stevenage, certainly not his worst. I agree about his decision making at times but he was involved in the game alot more than previously and gave their left back a torrid time, whilst also putting a few great crosses in.

Other than that I'd go along with all you say, let's just hope the inevitable loss to Northampton (they'd beat us even if we had messi and ronaldo) doesn't upset the progress and momentum too much
Adrian

The stuff about Howell is largely rubbish.
There isn't a sudden love in for him. He was mentioned plenty of times a player that we should be trying to keep hold of. He was one of the few that showed any real spirit throughout last season. 34 appearances last season a impressive for a squad player. Not to mention that he was played wide quite a bit when there were other wide players available.
He was also signed from Lincoln, not MK Dons.
Adrian

shoreyda2nd wrote:Funny how opinions can vary. I thought Jodi had his best game yet against Stevenage, certainly not his worst. I agree about his decision making at times but he was involved in the game alot more than previously and gave their left back a torrid time, whilst also putting a few great crosses in.

Other than that I'd go along with all you say, let's just hope the inevitable loss to Northampton (they'd beat us even if we had messi and ronaldo) doesn't upset the progress and momentum too much
I can't remember Jones doing anything against Stevenage other than having shots when he should have been passing. He was anonymous in the second half.
There is far too much being expected of him and if we find ourselves being too reliant on him we will be in problems.
DaggerJoel11

Some middle ground from me. Although Jodi ran aimlessly alot and took on far too many unnecessary shots, he certainly didn't have his worst game for the club. There were times he should have passed, but it's a learning curve for him because after all he is seventeen. Not his best, but definitely not his worst.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Cockney Byrites

Thank's Adrian for pointing out the MK Dons mistake, schoolboy error on my part.
The post has been edited and updated.