Paint Pot

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Can the Daggers win a cup tie for the first time in living memory?

Does anyone care at all?
dagger4eva

Absolutely I care - say what you like about it but it SHOULD be a competition we view as doing really well in (not that we ever do)

League takes priority obviously but this should be taken serious.
Diggerthedog

We should play our strongest team and keep the momentum of two draws going, I fear all change again and defeat.
Mike the Dagger

Well the top quality, fabulous, soar away Swords site is pulling out all the stops for this vital Johnstone's Paint Trohpy (SIC) tie with a fabulous blank template preview although the travel information is up at least.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/fixtures-resul ... Id=3862052

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/a ... 58323.aspx

Half a Daggers youth side to get beaten 3 or 4 nil I reckon.
dagger4eva

If we were to lose would we ever had a worse start to a season?

I.E. 2 points from the opening 5 league games and out of 2 cups.

Still, I’m sure Wayne will have his “2nd lowest budget in League 2” excuse ready to dish out.......
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:If we were to lose would we ever had a worse start to a season?

I.E. 2 points from the opening 5 league games and out of 2 cups.
1993/94 lost 3 of 5, but drew 1 and won 1, and won in the FA Cup 1st round qualifying. Same in !995/96.

2010/11 (our League One season) we lost 3 of 5, drew 1, won 1 and were out of the League Cup and JPT after 7 games.

2012/13 we drew 2 and lost 3 of the first 5 games in the league, were out of the League Cup, but won in the JPT.

So yes, lose tonight and it is our worst start to a season ever!
DaggerJoel11

We have proved we CAN do well in this tournament, prevailing to the Area quarters before losing out at Peterborough a couple of years back. Obviously with Boucaud unavailable, a replacement will slot in but other than a few minor adjustments I expect Wayne to field a strong side and defeat Cambridge 2-1.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mike the Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:Well the top quality, fabulous, soar away Swords site is pulling out all the stops for this vital Johnstone's Paint Trohpy (SIC) tie with a fabulous blank template preview although the travel information is up at least.

Match preview now up, and handily dated 1st October 2015. Who is managing the club website at the moment???
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Well the top quality, fabulous, soar away Swords site is pulling out all the stops for this vital Johnstone's Paint Trohpy (SIC) tie with a fabulous blank template preview although the travel information is up at least.

Match preview now up, and handily dated 1st October 2015. Who is managing the club website at the moment???
Same person that runs the Facebook Page, Twitter feed, everything you see on Daggers Player and also works in the club shop and ticket office but let's moan about the date at the top of a page FFS.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Same person that runs the Facebook Page, Twitter feed, everything you see on Daggers Player and also works in the club shop and ticket office but let's moan about the date at the top of a page FFS.
Its all opinions mate.

This is the club's face to the world and its badly presented, has poor spelling etc. etc.

You would have to actively decide to put the wrong month up though.
Diggerthedog

If you see anything that's wrong then always let them know will soon be fixed. Pointless moaning about it on here.
ARNU

I shall study your post for innacuracies Mike...wait there LOL!!
Last edited by ARNU on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Its all opinions mate.

This is the club's face to the world and its badly presented, has poor spelling etc. etc.

Sorry to be pedantic but you missed out the apostrophe in its.It should be it's.Pot kettle Black and all that. :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Its all opinions mate.

Sorry to be pedantic but you missed out the apostrophe in its.It should be it's.Pot kettle Black and all that. :lol:
Happens all the time sadly. Still finding spelling errors at DiggerDagger.com in stuff I wrote ten years ago. Even worse when my phone tries to auto correct stuff I post. Nightmare.

Doesn't matter though as this isn't the official website of a supposedly professional organisation.

BTW you missed the space after the full stop and the "P".
Diggerthedog

Date has now been changed no fault of the person who uploaded it it's the configuration of football league standard site.