Controversial but......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TomMc

ARNU wrote:Clevid Dick whatever his name is.
From the same person that thought Scott "Clumsy" Doe was crap, lulz
Mike the Dagger

Not much point me getting involved as I made my thoughts on Burnett totally clear last season, but I will anyway ;)

Any other club would have changed manager that had presided over 12 months of football like we had to endure in 2014, yet we not only stick with Wayne, we offer him another two years at the end of 2014/15 on the basis of the team scraping itself out of the hole he had dug us into with a decent run from being bottom in December, fuelled off him finally working out that the problem was at the back getting Ayo in on loan and getting Brian Saah the hell out of the team. Then he appears to have hung out for some reason and signed that new contract late. meanwhile several of our better players had fallen out of contract, find other clubs and we find ourselves where we are now. If any of the stuff that is rumoured to have gone on with Luke Howell is right, good grief.

Picking Boucard as captain... really? Constant changing of formation, tactics and individual players in that formation... really? There is no longer any kind of rapport between the team and the fans and gallows humour is all you seem to hear from the terraces. Our longest serving player is Jack Connors, who isn't even close to a first choice.

We last won a "meaningful" cup match on 8th October 2013 (and that was only the JPT), and the club are cash strapped and could do with a cup run desperately. We are now bottom again, with a 100% record of four straight defeats and odds on to make that 5/5 on Saturday.

Apart from that its all going great.

No point looking for a change though, if we couldn't afford to sack Burnett in December 2014 we certainly can't afford it 4 months into a new contract.

I really wish I had stuck to my guns and not bought a season ticket this time around.
Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chigwellian

Totally agree with you Mike, he should have gone after the fiasco with him and his so called coaches at Southport.
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
Well he was early on but then he got better and then became probably our best player.If my criticism improved him as a player I can sleep happy.So far after catching the ball almost in a 3-1 home defeat I am yet to be inspired with clever dick.It wasn't me that dropped him altogether for Exeter,so maybe Im not alone in my initial opinion.Yes he may be a wonderkid,lets see.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Daggyjack wrote:
ARNU wrote:Id happily boot all these out from what ive seen so far.........

Ferdinand,Partridge,McClure,Nosworthy,Hines,Labadie,Connors,OBrien,Richards,Gayle,Chambers,Yusuff and Clevid Dick whatever his name is.

This lot WILL take us to the conference,mark my words.
Clevid Dikamona has played twice for us, christ, give him a chance to get used to playing for the team before you write him off. The same can be said for Ferdinand and McClure.

Yusuff has been played only on and off since joining the club and forwards do need a run of games to build confidence, safe in the knowledge that they are not going to get dropped as soon as they miss a chance.

Richards, from what I remember on this forum during pre-season, was more or less described as our midfield saviour by a number of posters, so it didn't take people long to get on his case.
I refer you to the previous post I just made re Clevid.
Ferdinand is no good.Fact.And ive seen enough of him to know he will not be a daggers legend or even still be here after his month is up.We are bottom of the entire football league Man Utd wont be sniffing around him that's for sure.Richards looked lost and lacked spirit and any sort of battling quality,again Ive seen enough.In fairness to these 3 they aren't alone in their uselessness.I like yusuff but hes not gonna start unless theres an injury crisis or JC dies of old age.How can a 40 yr old keep out all these youngsters ? Simples...they are all shite.Now Im not saying they cant improve,and id like to eat my words or my hat or whatever and them prove me wrong (Ala Scott Doe) but this lot are relegation fodder at the moment.As I always say...These guys love the adulation when they do well so should expect a bit of stick when they don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:Not much point me getting involved as I made my thoughts on Burnett totally clear last season, but I will anyway ;)

If any of the stuff that is rumoured to have gone on with Luke Howell is right, good grief.
It did Mike and from what I am watching he is the type of Player what we are missing. There appears to my eyes no link from the Midfield to the Forwards and as a result a high percentage of passes either go sideways or backwards followed by the customary hoof down the channels. Its becoming boring to watch without any consideration given to the results it is bringing.

For the first time in ages I am seriously thinking about giving Saturday a miss, simply because I cant be bothered.
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:Not much point me getting involved as I made my thoughts on Burnett totally clear last season, but I will anyway ;)

If any of the stuff that is rumoured to have gone on with Luke Howell is right, good grief.
For the first time in ages I am seriously thinking about giving Saturday a miss, simply because I cant be bothered.
As you know Sussex, I have been to most of the away matches over the past decade... But, due to the lack of entainment that is being provided, I didnt go to Pompey, and Im not going to any away matches in the near future.... After seeing that the players/manager cant even be bothered coming over to clap the support on Tuesday night, they cant really expect the loyalty of the supporters to be bothered either.
IanC

Let's be a bit fair there though,us loyal daggers fans would love em to come over so we can give em a clap and chin up etc.But after what the feckin morons were singing and some of the dogs abuse they were getting its no wonder they thought sod that,so sadly we miss out.Anyway to all the other miserable sods on here please remember the date and Rome wernt built in a day,even that muppet at the bridge would struggle on this budget.It will get worse before its fixed but it will get fixed,and always remember if our players were great they would be somewhere else.
Mike the Dagger

IanC wrote:Let's be a bit fair there though,us loyal daggers fans would love em to come over so we can give em a clap and chin up etc.But after what the feckin morons were singing and some of the dogs abuse they were getting its no wonder they thought sod that,so sadly we miss out.Anyway to all the other miserable sods on here please remember the date and Rome wernt built in a day,even that muppet at the bridge would struggle on this budget.It will get worse before its fixed but it will get fixed,and always remember if our players were great they would be somewhere else.
I get your point, but it is a small group that is chanting the rubbish so wouldn't it be better to rise above it and give the rest a chance to applaud them at the end of games and try to build some kind of rapport with the fans rather than sneaking off as quickly as possible?

No one is expecting the team to be world beaters, we are after all Dagenham & Redbridge, but we have seen what a bit of effort, coupled with some spirit, organisation and determination can do in the past. Right now we aren't seeing many of those things from our team, are we? What happened to us all being "Daggers"?
IanC

Yeah spot on Mike I agree with that,would defo been nice if they rose above it,I dare say if they thought Theyd done a bit better then they would have come over.And I feel most of us daggers fans all we ever ask is for that desire and spirit whatever the result,we need some of that Helmond spirit fast,the togetherness was amazing.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote:
TomMc wrote:
Well he was early on but then he got better and then became probably our best player.If my criticism improved him as a player I can sleep happy.So far after catching the ball almost in a 3-1 home defeat I am yet to be inspired with clever dick.It wasn't me that dropped him altogether for Exeter,so maybe Im not alone in my initial opinion.Yes he may be a wonderkid,lets see.
How can you say you'd happily ship him off then say 'he may be a wonderkid?' How can you write off so many of our new signings after 4 games of the season? Did you do that with Benson? Did arsenal do that with Bergkamp? Chelsea with Drogba? Give them a chance for God's sake. 'These lot will take us to the conference' it's the 21st of August.
matt_drfc

Never heard of a 25 year old described as a 'wonderkid'
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Never heard of a 25 year old described as a 'wonderkid'
Is that your only criticism of my post ?The fact I didn't bother to look up his age ? One thing is for sure then he wasn't a wonderkid and now look s like he'll never be a wonder of any description.
ARNU

[quote="AVincelotFlyingLeap
How can you say you'd happily ship him off then say 'he may be a wonderkid?' How can you write off so many of our new signings after 4 games of the season? Did you do that with Benson? .[/quote]

Yeah get rid,we haven't missed him before and after the Orient game(After which he didn't even make the bench)I doubt we'll miss him in future.McClure...Mc Clueless more like, and Ferdinand yeah total rubbish wont be missed by me.Sometimes you just know don't ya ?Benson was already established by the time I started following Daggers closely.I would say he has been a shadow of his former self since he left us though .
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Never heard of a 25 year old described as a 'wonderkid'
Is that your only criticism of my post ?The fact I didn't bother to look up his age ? One thing is for sure then he wasn't a wonderkid and now look s like he'll never be a wonder of any description.
Yeah