Not good

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick

Been supporting the Daggers for many years now and have to say this is the worse team l can remember.

What makes it even worse is that the manager does not know his best team and keeps on changing the players and formation.

A few observations that can quickly be put right.....

......we do not mark tight enough
......we need to close players down quicker
......we must not pass the ball backwards so much (especially from throw ins and free kicks!)
......our wide players need to stay wide
.....STOP CHANGING THE TEAM AROUND AND LET SOME PARTNERSHIPS DEVELOP

I'm afraid its going to be a very long season!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Not good Mick I think you are being a tad generous in your assessment.

Lets look at it in greater detail.

4 Games played .

Totally outclassed in three and simply did not do enough in the other to warrant a result.

Two goals scored, both when games had already been lost, one which in my opinion would have been saved if a deflection had not deceived the goalkeeper.

12 goals conceded, two thirds of which we have contribute to through failing to do the basics.

Heroes of yester year gone, two of which who now play at a lower level, its a matter of opinion if they have joined weaker teams. What I am certain of is that they have been replaced by Players who only know of failure in recent times.

The latest fad is to play the brightest talent we have in a new position and ask one of the worst I haver ever seen do likewise. If this is was to make the poorer player of the two look any better it certainly did not work. At least we did allow one of the brightest stars on a very dull Christmas tree to at least start last night, unlike Saturday when he was introduced with the game already lost.

In 4 days 33% of Saturdays home gate already decided with their feet, how many more would it have been if those committed with season tickets were asked top pay.

There is no excitement , when that goal finally went in last night we still had 10% of playing time left, you would have thought that it would have got the place rocking however the truth is we all knew in our heart of hearts that it was not going to happen.

There is no engine room in the team. The midfield is totally woeful, nobody is offering themselves, nobody wants to roll up their sleeves and say give me the ball. There is no link between the midfield and forwards meaning the only option open is a negative pass or an aimless punt up the pitch.

Action is needed now, the Players recruited do not look up to it and even mediocre teams will fancy their chances against us and I cant see where the first point is coming let alone a win.

After Saturday I thought like you do this is going to be a very long season, last night I revised that to this is going to be a short one because if thiongs do not improve 100% we are not going to survive beyond March.
Auntie Merge

March? We'll be down by Christmas if this continues.
DagenHammer87

I'm going to put on my tin hat; but would going down be that bad?

It's nothing new for the club to have experienced relegation and it would make a change to win a bit more often. We've been looking down the barrel for years.

We're sloppy from front to back and are relying on the goalscoring prowess of a 40 year old. As great as JC is; we all know it can't go on forever. Nothing new coming from the ranks and our scouting network seem to work off the free agent lists on fifa and championship manager.

I get the whole thing about finances but this club seemed to give a sh*t when at a lower level. Still very much a family club with players who cared.

some of these mercenaries that have taken over the club have for me removed almost everything about who we were when I first came to the club.

It's only 4 games in and there is a hell of a long way to go. Fingers crossed we turn it around; but there's one thing for certain...

players and managers come and go; but the fans will always remain.
TommyD&R

DagenHammer87 wrote:I'm going to put on my tin hat; but would going down be that bad?

It's nothing new for the club to have experienced relegation and it would make a change to win a bit more often. We've been looking down the barrel for years.

We're sloppy from front to back and are relying on the goalscoring prowess of a 40 year old. As great as JC is; we all know it can't go on forever. Nothing new coming from the ranks and our scouting network seem to work off the free agent lists on fifa and championship manager.

I get the whole thing about finances but this club seemed to give a sh*t when at a lower level. Still very much a family club with players who cared.

some of these mercenaries that have taken over the club have for me removed almost everything about who we were when I first came to the club.

It's only 4 games in and there is a hell of a long way to go. Fingers crossed we turn it around; but there's one thing for certain...

players and managers come and go; but the fans will always remain.
Wish this could be the case, but the thing is if we do go down, we won't ever get back and we won't win more often and a fair few fans won't return. If we go down we're more likely to go the way of Aldershot, Stockport, Macclesfied and so on. Hopefully we won't go the way of Hereford or R&Ds because even though we're on a tiny budget we seem to manage it quite well, but the only teams to ever get back in the football league are the big clubs who have spent years and years in the league like Luton and Oxford or clubs who have cash injections like Fleetwood, Newport and Crawley, but we all know how wrong that can go!
Lcbdagger

If we go down we would be bottom half of Conference with a reduced budget and lower crowds. This squad we have now would be mid table