Knee jerk Comments here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:Mc Clure,I cant see how he was an improvement on Doidge who threw himself at everything again yet gets subbed and replaced by the midget then we hoof over his head for the rest of the game.
Try watching the game then FFS.
I did,he was no improvement on Doidge who at least got his head on everything,chased everything and seemed to care,did you not see how few headers McClure won)?(It was none) Tactically that's Waynes fault for putting another midget on while trying to hoof but he was dire v Portsmouth(Dropped for orient) and ineffective last night.Passing the ball to the scorer aint that clever,never really understood why we praise someone who does a 3 ft pass off their own backside. I can feel another hat bet coming on...either how few goals he'll get or how few games he'll get or even how many times he don't even make the bench.

Did you really think Doidge should have come off for him ? I mean are you saying you didn't join in the audible groan of the whole crowd when they took Doidge off ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Doidge might have potential but he had no impact on the game at all last night. Taking him off was one of the few things Wayne got right.
stanton101

I don't think Doidge should have come off, he was one of very few who ran their socks off. I don't see the point of taking him off just to pump high balls up to McClure, that's just daft.
ARNU

Mark wrote:Doidge might have potential but he had no impact on the game at all last night. Taking him off was one of the few things Wayne got right.
That may or not be the case but he did try hard and did win pretty much every header he had hoofed up to him.We keep asking for battlers,Doidge is a battler.Maybe JC should have made way for McClure,a like for like swap instead of playing them up front like a pair of midgets neither able to win a header against tall opposition defenders.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Will say the boys did generally make more of an effort last night and controversial decisions again swept in, up the TBS last night and can't get me head why if that ball had gone out of the circle with the linesman very close to the corner taker why did it go as far a it did which resulted in players on both sides disorientated (they were mostly bedded in centre circle) which to a draw of the luck to them resulted in their second which ended up winning them the game. If our goal would have come 5-10 minutes earlier think we had greater hopes of snatching a point. Also a lot of emphasis has been on central midfield I don't know whether it would work again but correct me if I'm wrong but didn't young Jack play in that role in Helmond and even though the dutch lager was slightly taking hold I'm shore he carried that role well out there and I think he scored the first goal of the game, its beginning to feel painful now and just wondering whether were routing down a New Year start again?
dagger4eva

Mclure did ok when coming on but Doidge didnt deserve to come off imo. Tried and battled his absolute heart out to make a positive impact. Once several headers he had no particular right to win and maybe mclure up top with him could have proved successful.
stanton101

I just don't understand a like for like substitution when we're chasing a game. Two nil down and McClure comes on for Doidge. Why not take off a midfielder ie Ferdinand and play three up front and three in the middle. It's not rocket science, we get a goal back like we did then put four up front, we might have been beat 3-1 but we may just have nicked a point.
Alan

Doidge did ok, but didn't work hard enough when we lost the ball, he allowed them to play it out too easily. We were too narrow, Jones needed to play wide and get at the full backs - he roasted their right back in first few minutes - and get some balls crossed for Doidge to attack.

Richards looked excellent pre-season in the central role, doesn't look comfortable in position he was asked to take up last night.

Boucaud needs to watch the video first goal and ask himself what on earth he was doing strolling along as the eventual goal scorer wandered past him into the box and stuck the loose ball in the net. Hardly the stuff of captains. For player viewers, 5 minutes in.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:First corner was taken outside the quadrant.
Well what was he looking at on the second one as the ball still looks outside the quadrant.

The Linesman might of been poor but the second goal scorer has beaten Nosworthy to the ball and looks like he was knapping.

So we change the Personnel, we work hard for three seasons on restarts and still concede goal after goal.

Time to have a look on who's doing the coaching surely ?
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:First corner was taken outside the quadrant.
Well what was he looking at on the second one as the ball still looks outside the quadrant.

The Linesman might of been poor but the second goal scorer has beaten Nosworthy to the ball and looks like he was knapping.

So we change the Personnel, we work hard for three seasons on restarts and still concede goal after goal.

Time to have a look on who's doing the coaching surely ?
Part of the ball is over the line or the arc, so it's fine. The marking isn't.