Bottom 8

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

This equally has to be the first season we havent even tried to bring in someone new from the lower leagues to build up. A lot of the old practices left with Stilly, but its only really starting to show now when good, hardworking genuinely nice guys like Luke are shown the door because the management take issue with them, yet we stand by people suspended for 6 months and ignore issues caused by the management team nearly starting fights with fans amongst other things that never would have been tolerated in years past.

I cant help but think the fans and the management are now heading in very different directions for what they want for the club, and frankly most of us couldnt give a crap if we finish 9th or 14th every season if it means that we turn into another soulless plastic revolving door for the lower leagues has beens and never-weres. And that isnt a dig at the players in general, more the people bringing them in and then in some cases dropping them at the first mistake and in others playing them for a whole season blindly hoping they'll stop being awful
Sorry about your damn luck!
Diggerthedog

Mikins wrote:This equally has to be the first season we havent even tried to bring in someone new from the lower leagues to build up. A lot of the old practices left with Stilly, but its only really starting to show now when good, hardworking genuinely nice guys like Luke are shown the door because the management take issue with them, yet we stand by people suspended for 6 months and ignore issues caused by the management team nearly starting fights with fans amongst other things that never would have been tolerated in years past.

I cant help but think the fans and the management are now heading in very different directions for what they want for the club, and frankly most of us couldnt give a crap if we finish 9th or 14th every season if it means that we turn into another soulless plastic revolving door for the lower leagues has beens and never-weres. And that isnt a dig at the players in general, more the people bringing them in and then in some cases dropping them at the first mistake and in others playing them for a whole season blindly hoping they'll stop being awful
Said it for years, the season we have a squad full of Journeymen is the season we will finally get relegated.
ARNU

Im going to watch a Borehamwood game and cheer on Doey,Howell and Monty.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
IanC

Not getting all this still going on stuff about doey and howell,at the end of the day doey was never gonna sign,he was gone 12 months ago.Luke was offered a contract,didnt want it,bye whats the prob.The club wanted him he wanted to stay,but he had to take a pay cut which he wouldnt do so thats it.I actually agree with the club here,have they had value for money,injuries,in and out,form,not really have they,he never really ever set the place alight.Im guessing the club edged their bets on getting him to sign on a reduced deal and free up some money elsewhere,as we all know its about the budget,but he wernt having it.Good luck to him he got what he wanted and i hope he enjoys the rest of his career.
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:Not getting all this still going on stuff about doey and howell,at the end of the day doey was never gonna sign,he was gone 12 months ago.Luke was offered a contract,didnt want it,bye whats the prob.The club wanted him he wanted to stay,but he had to take a pay cut which he wouldnt do so thats it.I actually agree with the club here,have they had value for money,injuries,in and out,form,not really have they,he never really ever set the place alight.Im guessing the club edged their bets on getting him to sign on a reduced deal and free up some money elsewhere,as we all know its about the budget,but he wernt having it.Good luck to him he got what he wanted and i hope he enjoys the rest of his career.
Yeah glad we offered someone who scored lots of goals for a midfielder and gave his all a reduced contract only to offer a dud like Richards a deal :roll:
IanC

Lots of goals!
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:Lots of goals!
Goal every 7 games whilst he was with us, something we should not be offering a reduced contract.
IanC

To be fair he had a very decent 12-13 season where he scored the majority of his goals,and stayed injury free,but he was no frenchie.
Crushed Dreams

We'd have gone down without his goals in 2012/13.

A great mistake letting him go.
IanC

oh well,thats what forums are for.I disagree i dont think its a bad thing he has gone,aint done much last 12-18 months and what he did do would frustrate me madly cos i knew he could/should do better,players come and go thats football.