What would you do?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Given that we've played 3 matches, lost them all, quite heavily and been somewhat outclassed in the process. What would you do for tomorrow nights team, selection wise? For me I'd go with this.

Cousins GK
Passley RB
Dikamona CH
Partridge CH
Widdowson LB
Chambers LM
Richards CM
Raymond CM
Jones RM
Doidge FW
Cureton FW

Subs. Hemmings, Boucard, O'Brien, Connors, McClure, Nosworthy.
DaggerJoel11

GK: Cousins
LB: Connors
CB: Partridge
CB: Dikamona
RB: Passley
LW: Hemmings
CM: Ferdinand
CM: Boucaud
CM: Richards
RW: Jones
CF: Cureton

Subs: Nosworthy, Widdowson, Raymond, Chambers, Doidge, McClure
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
matt_drfc

(4-2-3-1) Cousins; Passley, Nosworthy, Dikamona, Widdowson; Boucaud, Raymond*; Jones, Chambers, Hemmings; Cureton

Bench: O'Brien, Partridge, Connors, Richards, Ferdinand, Doidge, McClure

*If fit
Diggerthedog

If we keep changing the team we will keep losing, pick your best eleven Wayne and stick with it. If you do not know your best eleven then :o

I would bomb out Ferdinand, has offered nothing so far and if he wont commit to 12 months then we don't need him. If he is only here until hungry comes back then he wont be bothered as much as the others on longer contracts.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:If we keep changing the team we will keep losing, pick your best eleven Wayne and stick with it. If you do not know your best eleven then :o

I would bomb out Ferdinand, has offered nothing so far and if he wont commit to 12 months then we don't need him. If he is only here until hungry comes back then he wont be bothered as much as the others on longer contracts.
Who said he won't commit to a 12 month contract? Was it not that he initially rejected the month because he wanted a longer contract? 1 month benefits all, he has an incentive to prove he's worthy of a longer contract and we're not tied down to something we may later regret.
Lcbdagger

Back five will pick itself... Midfield needs a three... No point at all in a 442 unless the midfield create chances and stop us getting overrun at the back as we will be chasing four goals again to win

Need Richards back in the middle
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:If we keep changing the team we will keep losing, pick your best eleven Wayne and stick with it. If you do not know your best eleven then :o

Who said he won't commit to a 12 month contract? Was it not that he initially rejected the month because he wanted a longer contract? 1 month benefits all, he has an incentive to prove he's worthy of a longer contract and we're not tied down to something we may later regret.
Wayne did at Fans Forum unless I misheard.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Wayne did at Fans Forum unless I misheard.

I thought he said he rejected our offer because he wanted something longer and went to Yeovil but didn't realise how far it was so came back. Maybe you're right though, if so apologies.
Diggerthedog

I might be wrong too, either way if we are playing a short term or loanee in front of someone who is signed for a year then I find this strange. Consistency with playing your best team from first to last game is a must as this level.
Mike the Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
I thought he said he rejected our offer because he wanted something longer and went to Yeovil but didn't realise how far it was so came back. Maybe you're right though, if so apologies.
Oh dear. try Google maps Mr Ferdinand....
OBD

GK: Cousins

RB: Passley
CB: Dikamona
CB: Partridge
LB: Widdowson

DM: Raymond
DM: Boucard

RW: Hines
CAM: Jones
LW: Hemmings

ST: Doidge

Subs: O'Brien, Nyron, Nosworthy, Richards, Chambers, Cureton, McLure.

Assuming Hines and Raymond are fit.
@OfficialBigDave
dagger4eva

Think back to the last player we initially signed on a very short term deal which was subsequently extended 1 or 2 times, namely George Porter. We all know how that one panned out. He’s currently on his 34th club @ Ebbsfleet. :lol:
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:I might be wrong too, either way if we are playing a short term or loanee in front of someone who is signed for a year then I find this strange. Consistency with playing your best team from first to last game is a must as this level.
Definitely but if I'm honest I'd rather Ferdinand over Richards in a 2 man midfield, Raymond when fit comes before both of those though.
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:I might be wrong too, either way if we are playing a short term or loanee in front of someone who is signed for a year then I find this strange. Consistency with playing your best team from first to last game is a must as this level.
Definitely but if I'm honest I'd rather Ferdinand over Richards in a 2 man midfield, Raymond when fit comes before both of those though.
Raymond is fit and was available for selection Saturday :roll:
OBD

George Porter is at Welling United at the moment
@OfficialBigDave