Orient

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

First time I've seen us since the end of last season. Oh dear.

Nosworthy was garbage - he could barley even kick the ball properly for most of the game. Dikamona was marginally better bar a handball that was so ridiculous that I appealed for the penalty as well. Widdowson didn't have a clue how to deal with Pritchard and Clohessy.
Passley was ok, but they didn't do much on his side.
Boucaud is too slow, too negative and too predictable with the ball. He should be nowhere near the captains armband. Ferdinand was alright, but midfield was overrun.
Chambers can work as hard as he wants, he's still a terrible footballer - I've never seen a player fall over the ball as much as he has during his time with us.
Hemmings didn't cover Widdowson enough especially as their game plan was so clearly get ball wide on right and aim cross to McCallum at the far post.
Cureton and Doidge might as well not have been out their for most of the game as they got so little service.

Their first wasn't offside, McCallum stayed still while both centre backs stepped out after the ball was played in.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:i would keep the same team back 4 for tuesday....Dikamona looked ok to me apart from the crazy handball..

we conceded 1 goal from open play that looked miles offside...we had a few good chances ourselves to get the first goal..if only.
Not if your own player heads it back
Clearly offside according to the manager who has seen the DVD.
Almost certainly onside then.
daggersjeff

Clearly offside according to the manager who has seen the DVD.[/quote]

Almost certainly onside then.[/quote]

Is that the same DVD we have waited 8 years for? :shock:
stanton101

No one can cover themselves in any glory tonight, the only player to have any semblance of credibility was Doidge, who ran his socks off all afternoon, with no service at all! There's no defence and nothing at all in midfield. Me personally I'd drop captain fantastic for the Exeter match because in the three matches so far he's offered precisely nothing. As for Nosworthy he should have retired years ago. Very disappointing result in front of what will probably be our biggest attendance this season, and people wonder why our fans are congaring, they have to amuse themselves somehow as what's been offered up so far on the pitch has been absolute rubbish!!!
matt_drfc

Taken the result with a pinch of salt today, but the performance was poor. Big big need for a leader in midfield, someone who will run for 90 minutes, tackle and drive the team in the right direction. I like Boucaud but he isn't captain material and he can't play in a midfield 2. Not sold at all on Nosworthy, but I'm sure Dikamona will get better. Need to show more heart and bottle, especially in a game like today, no desire to get to the ball first. If we really let Howell go lightly, then I'm really disappointed in those involved with that negotiation.
NickMurphy

Some midfielders play 'in the hole', ours looked like they'd fallen down one. No one taking control, absolutely no width until Jones came on (the left hand-side especially), and Hemmings looks like a passenger in that 2nd half. Suicidal defending to boot - one positive is at least Curo still knows where the back of the net is!

Two hardest sides out of the way now, we need to pick up something Tuesday night and stop gifting the oppo goals. Although Orient deserved to win today regardless.
Mark

Can't fault the centre halves much aside from the pen, they were defending solidly for 90 mins.

We are very narrow and don't work hard enough to stop crosses. Neither winger did enough to help the full back and the centre of midfield is weak. If you play 2 in there they must be athletes like Ogogo and we don't have that.

When we pass the ball it is slow and without purpose. Nobody moves ahead of the ball other than Cureton.

I think we're a long way from being up to the standard much like the first half of last season.
shoreyda2nd

Mark wrote:Can't fault the centre halves much aside from the pen, they were defending solidly for 90 mins.

We are very narrow and don't work hard enough to stop crosses. Neither winger did enough to help the full back and the centre of midfield is weak. If you play 2 in there they must be athletes like Ogogo and we don't have that.
Agree with this. Both these two and Partridge at Pompey have not done badly at centre back, they have nervy moments in possession but we haven't conceded because of this yet.

Tough decisions to make. Haven't got the legs in midfield to play 442 but I'm not sure JC can play up top on his own, particularly away from home.

We'll learn more about our side against Exeter than we have done against Pompey, Charlton and Orient.
bearaab

A couple of years ago I would've been all over this game. I just can't be bothered with the 5 hour round trip to see us not really try anymore. The last few years watching us has made me fall out of love with football. I've started watching test cricket FFS.
bloke down the pub

Managers ,unlike wine do not improve with age.How long will we give this PLONKER ?
Diggerthedog

bloke down the pub wrote:Managers ,unlike wine do not improve with age.How long will we give this PLONKER ?
Got to be a record 2nd league game.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:Managers ,unlike wine do not improve with age.How long will we give this PLONKER ?
Do previous seasons get wiped from memory then?
bearaab

Well if you're going to sack him for last season you do it in the summer. You would be sacking a guy 2 games into the season. Would be absolute madness.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Certainly not we had an impressive 9th place and an ok 14th place finish. Would take either of those again.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: Got to be a record 2nd league game.
Certainly not we had an impressive 9th place and an ok 14th place finish. Would take either of those again.
What about when you wanted him gone last season? Or is it selective memory?
You know you're struggling when you're having to rely on mentioning the final positing and ignore the regular lack of entertainment.