Abu Obileye

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Hasn't been in either of Charlton's match day squads so far this season.

Worth trying to bring him back to the club? Either permanently or on loan?
Diggerthedog

I'm sure the club would have tried a loan before signing the new chap, no way could we afford to buy him. Not needed now we have four centre backs on the books.
PaulHornchurch

WB has just said he has been offered to us as part of a deal for Jody. No idea what the club want but £500k, Ayo and 10% of any future deal would be about right .
leewilson

PaulHornchurch wrote:WB has just said he has been offered to us as part of a deal for Jody. No idea what the club want but £500k, Ayo and 10% of any future deal would be about right .
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. We all know Jones is going, probably before the September deadline. If we can get a top player in a problem position as part of a deal, excellent.
dagger4eva

I'd be happy with this too.

Obileye + say 150-200k cash monies would be a good & fair deal I'd say!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Would imagine his demands may be more then what we could afford.
Lcbdagger

Unless we are in financial dire straits then any deal it's more important for Jones if we get a decent sell on fee around 20%. If it's on profit then what we sell him for now is largely irrelevant... Yes he could be a Hines with injuries but the guy is a class act and will play in the premier league by the time he's 22 or 23. Bare in mind how much older Gayle was when sold, despite the inexperience.

The boy could genuinely get England Under 21 honours if he gets game time in the next eighteen months at a championship team.

Ayo would be great but also interested to see if we could get McClean with some extra cash
leewilson

Aside from it being Aaron McLean, I don't understand all the 'want' for him. If we had a striker shortage fair enough, but realistically we're going to play with one up this season and we already have Cureton, McClure and Doidge. Yussuf is a solid 4th choice as well. It'd be a lovely luxury to have McLean but the priority is in other areas of the squad. For me, we could really do with another CM of a ball winning variety. If not that, then a CB or wide man would be an asset. Striker is the last area I'd update. Cureton will score goals. Doidge looks like he's got goals in him. McClure will have games where he does nothing and pops up with goals (don't judge him on two very tough games so far). Yussuf, when fit, can be a menace. If we had a bigger wage budget, I'd welcome McLean in. Realistically, I'd rather bring Doidge through as he has far more sell on potential for the future.
Mark

There's a balance though with trying to stay up. McLean is a proven goalscorer. Sometimes when something lands in your lap you have to take it regardless of what else you have in that position.

Having said that I do think CM is far more pressing and should be sorted first.
ARNU

Good luck to him and all that but is Jones really that good ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Read that it'll just be a season long loan for Ayo, in that case I'd still be looking for no less than 400k at the very least.
Diggerthedog

If we take £400k and Ayo on loan for a season we have been bent over and shafted. 47 scouts from different clubs have watched him he has got to be worth £1m minimum. We always take peanuts, keep him for the next two months and his price will treble.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Good luck to him and all that but is Jones really that good ??
Hard to say really isn't it? He's played 10 games, mostly as a sub. He hasn't really done much yet. He's young and has potential but some of the prices being suggested here are utterly ridiculous, and are pretty much why clubs end up picking up foreign players instead.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Good luck to him and all that but is Jones really that good ??
Hard to say really isn't it? He's played 10 games, mostly as a sub. He hasn't really done much yet. He's young and has potential but some of the prices being suggested here are utterly ridiculous, and are pretty much why clubs end up picking up foreign players instead.
Exactly.

Every season we have one,Bradley Goldberg,Alex Osborn,Danny J Green...where are they now ? Dwight gayle probably the only success story so far. How Running around a bit with a huge hairdo gets you a 1m price tag Im not quite sure.I hope he does well and we benefit from it but I aint seen much from the kid that says superstar just yet.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

And part of the problem is that we won't see him play enough to ever know. He'll go somewhere and never play and turn up on loan at Colchester in a year.

We should keep him for now as much for his sake as our own.