Prediction v Pompey

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Pondfield Dagger wrote:i still remember the 6-0 opening day win at home to chester, what a free kick from Dom green......
me too! Fabulous game. 3-0 up at half time. I made my peace with the world that day.
Richie

An encouraging 3-2 defeat. Hemmings & McClure/Doidge (whichever plays)
shoreyda2nd

2-1 win against the odds, hit the ground running for a change
BB-Dagger

I'm under no illusions about today, a good day out in prospect and what looks like a near sell out crowd so the atmosphere should be good, ideal for an upset so I'm going for a 1-2 Daggers win, but my other head warns me that if we don't turn up with a hearty performance we could get a tonking!
But we are Dagenham, who knows what to expect.
Anyone got suggestions for where to park?
The Romford Dagger

3-1 pompey.
ARNU

We'll nick it 1-0.Nosworthy in off his harris !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

The big team fear kicked in again. Shame
Pondfield Dagger

What was said at half time? Same old story.
Mikins

I literally should have put money on that. Different season, same capitulation.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Chigwellian

Mikins wrote:I literally should have put money on that. Different season, same capitulation.
Same manager !!!!
Diggerthedog

Oh dear, where to start! Goal from a corner, then goal from a throw in and then goal from someone running midfield free shot.

My view is if players don't want to sign a full season then don't sign them aka Ferdinand. No shots on target is the same old story. Difficult first game but we gifted them the game, probably still tickling our bellies now.

Play football yes but no bite or the will to do the nasty stuff is a recipe for disaster.
daggersjeff

k...couldn't get to game today as working...

0-0 half time....they take off a striker and bring on a midfielder.............why only one sub used???
SteveW

Chigwellian wrote:
Mikins wrote:I literally should have put money on that. Different season, same capitulation.
Same manager !!!!
You really are a bore aren't you. Why do you bother?
Mark

Really disappointed with today. Was expecting to lose but the manner of the defeat didn't give a lot of cause for optimism.

Almost the entire game was played in our half and we didn't test their keeper once. We defended well first half but the goals we gave away in the second were far too easy. We got nowhere near them in midfield all day and they had far more energy than us.
matt_drfc

The sub at HT was the right decision but still a big lack of energy in midfield, Abu, Bingham and Howell gave that, but they haven't been replaced properly, not too concerned regarding other areas but the lack of energy is the main problem. Matt Richards is very poor, can't run, plays the odd simple pass but a midfield 2 of him and Boucaud is the definition of trouble. Boucaud I accept as he tries to make the team play and gives it some. Ferdinand at least tried to get about when he came on as well. McClure and Cureton won't work. Disappointed at not bringing on Chambers/Doidge just to try something different. Still confident that we'll be comfortable but just need a bit more oomph.