Zavon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Couldn't get to the match last night, but I heard Zavon went off injured after only a couple of minutes. Has anyone any news, did it look bad, or was it a precautionary thing?
DaggerJoel11

He didn't exactly look reluctant to come off.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

I think we should give him a contract extension just in case another club starts sniffing around him.
Mikins

Kevin wrote:I think we should give him a contract extension just in case another club starts sniffing around him.
Since Will Antwi left we have been lacking in a player who can hold up the physio room nicely and distribute injuries across the season, I think he'd be a good signing in that regard.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Diggerthedog

I feel for the lad seems he really wants to play football. Seems that he could be ready for Saturday.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:I feel for the lad seems he really wants to play football. Seems that he could be ready for Saturday.
Was proper looking forward to seeing him play on Monday, gutted when he went off. Honestly don't think he'll be available for Portsmouth, I'd love to be wrong though. Hopefully he can get rid of his problems and play, seems like he's really got the right attitude.
ARNU

He wont be the same player after that injury.He was the most fouled player in the league when he was playing.He wont want to be fouled and therefore wont be any good Im afraid.He pulled up sharply and quite easily the other night.He wont be fit enough for Portsmouth and I doubt wether we'll see much of him this season either.Shame but reality is sometimes shit.Hemmings on his day is just as good.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

ARNU wrote:He wont be the same player after that injury.He was the most fouled player in the league when he was playing.He wont want to be fouled and therefore wont be any good Im afraid.He pulled up sharply and quite easily the other night.He wont be fit enough for Portsmouth and I doubt wether we'll see much of him this season either.Shame but reality is sometimes shit.Hemmings on his day is just as good.

Doubt if any player in our division is as good as Zavon himself is on his day!
Diggerthedog

What happened the other night happened in Helmond so this was nothing to serious. Shearer had the same injury twice and was the same after both injuries, no reason Hines cannot do the same.
stanton101

I hope he makes a full recovery, but in this league there's a likelyhood he'll get kicked from pillar to post. It's true that shearer recovered twice fro a similar injury but the defenders he played against were a little more refined and let's face it shearer could handle himself a bit better than Zav. Only time will tell, here's hoping.
DaggerJoel11

Zavon's game is orientated by pace. If a defender comes near him or looks like he's going to attempt a tackle, instinct will tell you that Zavon will try to distribute it quickly in fear of his knee being caught and subsequently being injured again. I really hope this is only a minor setback (if not precaution) and Zavon can soon thrive again in this league.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
mickeyblue

If that was the case then he would of been afraid after his 1st bad injury.
The fella is league best player and could be the difference between league football and non league for us this season.
Plus it wasn't just us who took a player off after a knock

Fingers crossed
but we finished 9th!
TomMc

Didn't he have exactly the same injury on his other knee when he was at West Ham? We were happy enough with him after that injury. He'll be alright as long as he doesn't rush things.
ARNU

Nobody is doubting Zavs ability and equally,nobody wants him to be injured and not recover.But its a big ask and id imagine if it happened in Holland 2 weeks ago and its happened again now it aint right is it ?Maybe he could come on for the 1st minute v Portsmouth and go off again.Pointless though it would be.His knee needs to mend,Im no physio but Im sure we wont be seeing too much of him anytime soon.Thats nobodies fault its just how it is I reckon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:Nobody is doubting Zavs ability and equally,nobody wants him to be injured and not recover.But its a big ask and id imagine if it happened in Holland 2 weeks ago and its happened again now it aint right is it ?Maybe he could come on for the 1st minute v Portsmouth and go off again.Pointless though it would be.His knee needs to mend,Im no physio but Im sure we wont be seeing too much of him anytime soon.Thats nobodies fault its just how it is I reckon.
I'd suggest his knee has healed or he wouldn't be playing. If you pick up an impact knock in an area where you've just spent 9 months out though, logic suggests it is best to take the player off to limit any risk.