Unacceptable

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

Not impressed. You failed to respond to my many emails and now you expect me to come running. I have asked a lot of questions that are very important for the other users of this forum to understand. This could happen to anyone. Thank you for the work you do in running this forum - you will always likely upset someone. But I regret the way you have dealt with this I find wholly unacceptable.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons so many of the more sensible posters no longer bother.
admin
Site Admin

I don't expect you to "come running" I simply left the door open.

You keep complaining when I've made numerous attempts to improve the situation, so I ask you one question. What is it you would like me to do now?
dagger4eva

Its not difficult is it .... hes already asked you twice now to explain to everyone on here what happened ...
admin
Site Admin

Ok. Initially his account sent out a spam post a few months back, I've had a problem with spam on here and I wanted to get it sort ASAP, therefore I had to stop the account. I'm assuming the spam wasn't intentially sent by him and it was hacked or something of a similar nature because it wasn't a problem before. He's claiming to have sent me a number of e-mails, I've only received one, which I read a fair bit later. Once I read it, I reversed the ban. He is now fine to use the forum, no problem. There is no else on the ban list.

I apologise for inconvenience caused
Auntie Merge

As a regular poster, I'd also be interested to know publicly what happened. I've really missed Ebs posts and wondered where he'd been.

If it's because you've had other things going on then 'fess up and take it like a man. No one expects you to concentrate 24/7 on the forum, but if you need help with the spam issue on a PHPbb board because you don't have the expertise, for example, there are some of us that can help.
admin
Site Admin

Auntie Merge wrote:As a regular poster, I'd also be interested to know publicly what happened. I've really missed Ebs posts and wondered where he'd been.

If it's because you've had other things going on then 'fess up and take it like a man. No one expects you to concentrate 24/7 on the forum, but if you need help with the spam issue on a PHPbb board because you don't have the expertise, for example, there are some of us that can help.
There is some truth to that, I won't go into it, but my life has become very hectic and therefore has become a bit more difficult to perform proper maintenance on the forum
Auntie Merge

No one blames you or thinks any less of you; we all have lives that get complicated from time to time.

I'm a bit rusty on PHPbb but if you need help let me know. And if someone else reading this is more up to date and can help, speak up so admin can get in touch.
admin
Site Admin

Auntie Merge wrote:No one blames you or thinks any less of you; we all have lives that get complicated from time to time.

I'm a bit rusty on PHPbb but if you need help let me know. And if someone else reading this is more up to date and can help, speak up so admin can get in touch.
Thanks I appreciate that a lot. I will keep that in mind. I'm going to do some forum maintenance over the next week and if I need any help I'll get in touch
davei

I just cannot believe I've just read 2 threads "Disappointed" and "Unacceptable".

First off, admin, you are doing a great job running this board, and while I do not post as often as I used to as time is at a premium these days, the board does provide enjoyment.

But secondly, if I recall, some years back a guy started a D & R related forum which ran quite well and as things got busy, his kid came along and helped out for a while to keep things moving. But I suspect (not 100% sure), tired of all the bullshit that was being bandied around about the board, various posts, swearing and intolerance, father and son pack it in. Many (including myself) bemoan the closing of the board, but those with common sense acknowledge the reasoning behind said closure.

Another individual comes along, steps up, takes time out of his life and time away from his family and starts/develops another board to keep the interest going. The new board gives others enjoyment, allows, for the most part that I have seen, unfettered interaction between individuals and the board does quite well and has a decent following many from the old board.

Now with noted threads in mind, we are back to exactly the same problem we had before where some of those who had the opportunity, but no compunction, to start a new board when the first closed, are being critical of this admin because he (or she) did not reply to an e mail or, was not making public an issue that took place resulting in the suspension of another's ability to post on the board.

In support of the guy (or gal) running this forum who is busting his/her hump to keep things ticking over as best he/she can, if all people have time to do is to bitch over the fact an e mail did get a timely reply or they cannot post on an open forum or worse yet, admin will not release information as if it is in the nations interests to do so, I'd lose little if any sleep dealing with them.

Of course, should that not please them, there is always the option to start their own forum.

Admin, keep up the good work.
ARNU

Running a board is a thankless task.But it isn't for the weak or the easily offended.Its hard to please everyone but equally it isn't rocket science.I ran a couple on a different subject matter...my way(Not the most orthodox of ways some might fairly say).If they don't like it they can go elsewhere is the general rule of thumb.Having banned people and been banned myself in the past,neither was ultimately a particularly unpleasant experience.Life went on.Dunno what this current problem is but ive always found RK to be a decent contributor.Hopefully this misunderstanding is now sorted.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the support guys. And like I say, RK is more than welcome to post on here again (the more the merrier) but that's up to him. As for any misunderstandings/spam on here, I will be performing some site maintenance over the next week or so, so that I can make some slight improvements to the forum. This will also help prevent any future problems like this occurring
rechitski kinzhal

In reply to the above two messages I feel I must explain the situation.
Firstly I am very pleased that the admin here continued what was an excellent forum run by Steve and Tom. I remain grateful that admin spends his time organising this forum. Thank you. And I fully accept that the admin can dictate any rules they wish, and it is up to us to decide whether we accept them or not.
But despite this, I really feel you have treated me appallingly. This forum clearly gives you lots of information, yet you barred me without giving me the courtesy of a communication to explain why. I think all people would be concerned if their account had been hacked. But you then ignored all the communications I sent to this forum, to your personal email, and to the other "blog" that you write. You even have accepted you received one but still did not have the courtesy to give me any acknowledgment.
When I finally made contact again onto the forum, you wrote that you had replied to me personally by email and the matter was settled. But that was a bare-faced lie, wasn't it? Yet again you decided you couldn't be bothered to respond to me. You also deleted my post against my express wishes.
You then added further insult by saying I can contact you (....yet again!) by email if I want to discuss the matter - yet you had previously failed to respond to at least 10 attempts by me to make contact (if we include all modes of communication).
All in all you have treated me with contempt .... and I just wanted an explanation, plus information on this forum so that when this happens to someone else they can know what to do.
You say that you were too busy, but you also said I was the only person you barred. I know what I think. Can you not now find the common courtesy to give me some genuine explanation and apology, because I am really, really angry with you and I would far rather sort this out on the internet than have to come looking for a personal discussion with you at the first game of the season.
And again I request you do not delete this message - please let others decide whether your undoubted very good works should allow you to treat your members with such disdain, or whether I am just a grumpy old man who is acting like a dog with a bone.
Thank you.
Diggerthedog

Jesus give it a rest, your account got hacked and caused spam and you were blocked. For someone who has posted 70 times in total your reaction is OTT. The explanation has been given by the admin where he said he could not reply for certain reasons and you are still going on about it.

Lock this crap.
NickMurphy

rechitski kinzhal wrote: But you then ignored all the communications I sent to this forum, to your personal email, and to the other "blog" that you write.
Judging by the Blog comment I gather you think it's me that runs this place, which I don't. I mod the forum, and to make it clearly I have no authority/can't see who's blocked or whatnot. Myself and the admin are two different people, although I appreciate the use of scare quotes all the same :-)
The Romford Dagger

rechitski kinzhal wrote:In reply to the above two messages I feel I must explain the situation.
Firstly I am very pleased that the admin here continued what was an excellent forum run by Steve and Tom. I remain grateful that admin spends his time organising this forum. Thank you. And I fully accept that the admin can dictate any rules they wish, and it is up to us to decide whether we accept them or not.
But despite this, I really feel you have treated me appallingly. This forum clearly gives you lots of information, yet you barred me without giving me the courtesy of a communication to explain why. I think all people would be concerned if their account had been hacked. But you then ignored all the communications I sent to this forum, to your personal email, and to the other "blog" that you write. You even have accepted you received one but still did not have the courtesy to give me any acknowledgment.
When I finally made contact again onto the forum, you wrote that you had replied to me personally by email and the matter was settled. But that was a bare-faced lie, wasn't it? Yet again you decided you couldn't be bothered to respond to me. You also deleted my post against my express wishes.
You then added further insult by saying I can contact you (....yet again!) by email if I want to discuss the matter - yet you had previously failed to respond to at least 10 attempts by me to make contact (if we include all modes of communication).
All in all you have treated me with contempt .... and I just wanted an explanation, plus information on this forum so that when this happens to someone else they can know what to do.
You say that you were too busy, but you also said I was the only person you barred. I know what I think. Can you not now find the common courtesy to give me some genuine explanation and apology, because I am really, really angry with you and I would far rather sort this out on the internet than have to come looking for a personal discussion with you at the first game of the season.
And again I request you do not delete this message - please let others decide whether your undoubted very good works should allow you to treat your members with such disdain, or whether I am just a grumpy old man who is acting like a dog with a bone.
Thank you.

'Really, really angry with you'. Seriously?

You also said you'd like to sort thia out 'on the Internet than meet you for a pwrsonak discussion on the first game of the season'. Why so serious? Your back. Let's just leave it there