Southend

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Aaron McLean in the with the trialists today
Sagres

Aaron McLean formally Grays, Peterborough & Hull but do we need another striker!!
lupins

Yes.
Sagres

I'd rather the money was spent on a midfielder
TommyD&R

I'd happily take Richards and Ferdinand. Them two along with a good centre back and I think we could be a solid mid table side again next season. I've always liked McLean but I just don't think we need him right now, Cureton should get 10+ goals this season, Doidge is looking good, Yussuf always does a job whenever he gets 30 minutes or more and McClure has looked decent so far. Plus we're bound to get a useless striker in on loan who plays less than 5 games and scores no goals around winter time or towards the end of the season.
Lcbdagger

Curious one yesterday... Good rely obviously but not a brilliant Southend side and not sure what it taught us?

Richards is a class act for this level and it will be a tragedy if he isn't signed up for Portsmouth to start in midfield. My only concern was that both he and Ferdinand seemed to play in a defensive role with no real Vincelot type attacking threat from the midfield to create chances.

Playing two attackers was good to see and McClure scored two decent goals despite being relatively quiet... Would take that any Saturday.

Hemmings and Hines provide a real threat out wide.

My main concern is that the defence still looks weak. Yet another set piece goal with nobody marking anyone and three or four other balls caused us chaos from out wide.

Squad wise we don't look strong and Connors, bless him, still scares me whenever he has the ball or needs to make a tackle in his own half.

Not sure if Yussuf is unfit still but didn't see what McClean brought to the table, although admittedly not a fan from past games against us... Looked as wide as he was tall and not much pace.
steeevooo

Did anyone ask McLean how Ashley Vickers is doing? ;)