Bingham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Bingham was always going to leave. I don't begrudge the move apart from us sticking by him year after year and the first decent spell without injury he is off.

Pretty much a whole new team needs to be built now, I think we are in for a long slog this season just glad we have Cureton his goals could well be the difference.
Blackie645

Bingham did not even have the decency to tell us he was not going to sign, they all knew last season they was not going to sign, Judas everyone of them, u lot on here to soft, it's the daggers
Or nothing.
bearaab

That's a terrible opinion. You can talk about loyalty when players are on multi million pound contracts, but I reckon there's a fair few fans making more money than a lot of our players and if I was offered more money elsewhere I'd be gone. It's still a job at the end of the day and it's one with a short lifespan. You have to make the most of it at this level. Fair play to Billy, hope he does well.
leewilson

bearaab wrote:That's a terrible opinion. You can talk about loyalty when players are on multi million pound contracts, but I reckon there's a fair few fans making more money than a lot of our players and if I was offered more money elsewhere I'd be gone. It's still a job at the end of the day and it's one with a short lifespan. You have to make the most of it at this level. Fair play to Billy, hope he does well.
Spot on. I don't understand the world that some people live in. None of Bingham, Doe or Abu demanded a move before their contract was up. They were perfectly loyal in serving the terms they signed to with effort evident in full. They are not supporters of the club. There may be an affinity but then I'm sure we all have a certain affinity to our workplace (in some cases) and fellow colleagues who we work with. However, sometimes you have to move on to climb the ladder and that's what they have done. Good luck to all 3 of them. Abu appeared to be honest to the staff about what he wanted and we couldn't meet that. We tried to offer Doe something but he decided a new challenge/better terms were needed. Bingham kept his options open in case he couldn't secure a move elsewhere and was pretty forthright in that by saying he was looking at other clubs.

Fair play to all 3, good luck to all 3. We move on, and give it 2 months or so and they'll be remembered fondly in the same vein as Benson, Green, Saunders etc but we'll be cheering on a new squad and they'll be in the backs of our minds.
stanton101

I've nothing against Bingham getting a better deal for himself, as stated, it's a short career and our club simply can't compete in the money stakes. So good luck to him on that score. The thing that really irks me is the fact that he or his agent didn't have the decency to contact WB to let him know what was going on. This despite several attempts by Wayne to contact the player. The silence was deafening. At least Doey had the stones to tell Wayne he was leaving and that was the end of it. Personally I find the whole saga distasteful. Manners cost nothing.
ARNU

It seems even after the plethora of wind up merchants that come on here some still take the bait LOL!! (maybe my work on earth is not done afterall)

At the end of the day you go where the money is when your wages are crap.(Were John Stills really that bad ??)It may be that as a footballer you trade your regular 1st team place for it though. See Chris Lewington.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

How many games did he average in the time he was here.

Every season there seemed to be a reason he did not start. When a season started he missed the start on at least four occasions showing how fragile he really was, he appeared to get injured without even playing. Look at it through smoke glasses but I'n my opinion the money,which I would imagine was at the higher end of our scale ,can be better spent.

Look at it positive perhaps he thinks the same as me Frankie Raymond is going to be a hell of a player and he thinks when he starts to show it he won't get a look in.

So you would imagine that with the four top earners now gone there will be enough in the budget to replace him along with a Right back and another Centre half
mickeyblue

Spot on Sussex as usual

For someone to be at club for as long as he has and play so few games with 2 different managers says a lot. Good player at league 2 only Imo.
Need a cm tho if Howell leaves aswell
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

34 games in 2014/14 and 37 in 2014/15. Some way better than Zavon Hines and a few others.

As documented elsewhere, Billy going missing in 2013/14 was exactly when that season went tits up for us.

He will be missed.

Lets hope Raymond can step up to the plate now.
Richie

Was never a huge fan in fairness. Seemed a nice enough guy so I wish him well, will be surprised if he has a career at L1 level though.