Howell

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

Any update on Luke's contract status knocking around?

We've heard about Billy going AWOL and Doey leaving but nothing yet about Luke..
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

Strange one this, don't understand what the difference was between his situation and others (Abu, Doey, Bill). Wasn't mentioned in Wayne's last interview so unsure about it. I know him and his wife recently had a baby, whether that has anything to do with it, who knows. I'd love him to stay, not the most gifted technically but he does a brilliant job for the team and we always miss him when he's out.
Lcbdagger

Originally didn't think he would be a huge loss as we have been playingg him out wide where he's not a natural winger... if Billy goes and we lose Luke however that is a decent sized void in he middle for next season.
ARNU

Probably hanging out till the last minute to get a better offer from elsewhere,good luck to him but delusions of grandeur is a common occurrence amongst many of those that have played for Daggers.Hes a hard worker and would probably get a run out elsewhere but I don't think there will be a huge scrum for him above league 2.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

ARNU wrote:Probably hanging out till the last minute to get a better offer from elsewhere,good luck to him but delusions of grandeur is a common occurrence amongst many of those that have played for Daggers.Hes a hard worker and would probably get a run out elsewhere but I don't think there will be a huge scrum for him above league 2.
Spot on mate.
TomMc

Now confirmed that Luke won't be re-signing.

Thanks for your efforts Luke, and good luck in the future.
TommyD&R

Really disappointed he's gone. I expected him to stay more than the other lot who's contracts were up. Anyway, good luck at Luton Howlley!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Gonna miss luke, one of the best players we've signed since we went down in my opinion. Will be missed in that midfield
redboy

So WB signs a contract extension and most of our most consistent and experienced players leave...............Co-incidence, I think not
Diggerthedog

redboy wrote:So WB signs a contract extension and most of our most consistent and experienced players leave...............Co-incidence, I think not
Or that we have a smaller budget then ever before at this level and they have been offered more elsewhere.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
redboy wrote:So WB signs a contract extension and most of our most consistent and experienced players leave...............Co-incidence, I think not
Or that we have a smaller budget then ever before at this level and they have been offered more elsewhere.
No, no, you can't say that. It's Wayne's fault, all of it.
NickMurphy

Diggerthedog wrote:
You're not allowed to think logically. Go away.
JFJBENSTEAD

To lose four of our best players is a huge concern, especially as there's little sign of quality replacements coming in!
DaggerJoel11

En route to a restaurant I passed daggers today and at the lights at Reede road saw Howell in a car. About 2.5 Hours ago. If he's going, perhaps this was a meeting with the club or clearing out his clobber.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Richie

More upset about him than Billy. Under-rated I think, always got us going. Hard to replace.