Away Day Trains

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BillyC94

Train prices out for the first 4 away games already. Me and a few others are booked on the 8:30 out of Waterloo for Pompey with an off peak return as we're making a day of it so we can come back whenever we want. (£36.10 without a railcard) (£23.65 with one). However, have noticed there is a service between London Victoria to Fratton which leaves Victoria at 11:02 gets to Fratton for 12:54 then returns from Fratton at 17:20 gets back to London for 19:16, £13.00 return without a railcard so for those just going for the game, get on that quick - absolute bargain.

Also, just booked up Carlisle for £21.80 return with a railcard, £34.00 without. Remember a lot of Daggers taking advantage of the same price last season. Takes 4 hours from Euston which is considerably shorter than the 7 hours on the coach. Wycombe & Northampton are usually fixed prices so will book them nearer the time. Hope this helps a few who were looking to find cheaper deals on the train.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
OBD

Cheers mate. Gonna sort out one of those couples railcards tomorrow and book up Carlisle.
@OfficialBigDave
admin
Site Admin

I managed to get London Victoria to Fratton for £20 with a railcard and it was the best I could find, although I've heard some people have seen cheaper deals, but you'd have to book it ASAP to get that deal
Richie

Always worth looking at the Megabus site too btw. Depending on locations you can get the train to alot of places, you just book through Megabus and it's dirt cheap.

£14 return to Pompey from Waterloo at the mo. Few options for times too.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="BillyC94"]Train prices out for the first 4 away games already. Me and a few others are booked on the 8:30 out of Waterloo for Pompey with an off peak return as we're making a day of it so we can come back whenever we want. (£36.10 without a railcard) (£23.65 with one). However, have noticed there is a service between London Victoria to Fratton which leaves Victoria at 11:02 gets to Fratton for 12:54 then returns from Fratton at 17:20 gets back to London for 19:16, £13.00 return without a railcard so for those just going for the game, get on that quick - absolute bargain.

Also, just booked up Carlisle for £21.80 return with a railcard, £34.00 without. Remember a lot of Daggers taking advantage of the same price last season. Takes 4 hours from Euston which is considerably shorter than the 7 hours on the coach. Wycombe & Northampton are usually fixed prices so will book them nearer the time. Hope this helps a few who were looking to find cheaper deals on the traIn

Gone are the days when a trip to the karzi cost a penny then
EastLDN

Cheers for the heads up on that got my return ticket £14 into Victoria, as said absolute bargain!!
Only 2 or 3 left on those cheaper journeys.
nomis

£13.00 Return for Pompey for me

Well happy
OBD

Where are you guys getting £13 for Pompey?

TheTrainLine are giving me £25 to Fratton on that day.
@OfficialBigDave
mickeyblue

Raileasy coming up at 40 for me and 2 boys with a railcard
Is it cheaper elsewhere
Thanks
but we finished 9th!
Dagdale

Been on the look out since fixtures come out for the two games on most peoples minds, Pompey & Carlisle and got Carlisle first for exactly same price as a few months back on exactly the same trains 7.30 out Euston and back from Carlisle 17.52 (£42 from my area/Hatfield) and come up trumps a couple of days back got £1 Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour at 6.45 (obviously bailing out at Fratton) for the grand sum of one quid and back on 17.50 from Pompey at £6, throw in another almost 9 nicker from my start and Pompey for just under £17 rtn, u can come up with some right old blinders with Megatrain.com, so be quick as they're selling well, so hopefully we can get a really good turn out at these two because both are really good away's to go to.
Diggerthedog

Just got Pompey for £28 return for two adults no railcards on megabus site using the train option.