Flexi-card

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TomMc

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 01448.aspx

Nice idea by the club, hopefully will bring in a few more people who didn't find a full season ticket cost efficient if they missed a few matches.
OBD

Poor idea, badly thought through.
@OfficialBigDave
Dagger Steve

OBD wrote:Poor idea, badly thought through.
Why?

I'm going to do it. Is perfect for me, and i'm sure others.
BB-Dagger

I can't see what's wrong with it! I can't make a few games during the year so this is ideal for me and no doubt a lot of others as well.
RampantDuke

So what happens to the people like me who have purchased a season ticket in good faith but would now prefer to get a Flexi card which suits me much better?? Surely they should have announced this before selling the season tickets so you got a choice?? I think like everything at the Daggers the heart is in the right place but this seems to be very poorly thought out (unless of course they did it on purpose to make sure that season ticket sales didn't suffer). Can someone at the club please clarify whether I can change my season ticket to a flexi card??
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

I bought my season ticket, will almost certainly miss 6 or 7 games but it does not really bother me as the club need the money, Season ticket money gets them through the close season and helps with cash flow.

There will always be some unhappy customers.
rebeldagger

I think it's a cracking idea. Works well for me as I am a shift worker so I can't make every game.

I can see why those whom have brought a season ticket would be upset though, perhaps you could speak to the club to see if they can swap your ticket?
OBD

For those of you who think it's brilliant and will benefit from it, good for you. Enjoy the scheme.

I think it's incredibly flawed.
@OfficialBigDave
Mike the Dagger

Good to see the club trying something new out and let's hope it brings a few more through the gates.

If I get the maths right. this is better value than a season ticket if you go to less than 15 matches. 15th match onward, a season ticket is better value. If you are going to pay on the gate (based on £18 on the day - is that the current price?), it's not worth getting one unless you are going to go to at least 7 matches.

This is much more likely to muddy the waters on specials like the "Anti-Racism Day" give away game than between getting a season ticket or not IMHO.

I might have gone for one of these too, but I would still expect to get to more than 15 games.

Shame its got the swords badge on it though.
OBD wrote:For those of you who think it's brilliant and will benefit from it, good for you. Enjoy the scheme.

I think it's incredibly flawed.
What are the "incredible" flaws?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done for listening and acting on fans ideas.

When my Son did not renew his season ticket the Club asked if there was a reason.

Having recently started a job that means he will have to work alternative weekends he was unable to commit to a season ticket as he did not know at the time if he could make all , half or just a few games. We emailed the Club to explain their was no other reason then work commitments and he would be at every game be it home or away the weekends he was not working.

We did suggest this idea as we imagined there must be a number of supporters in this situation. It is clear that this already looks the case.

Steve Thompson got immediately back to us and said he would have to consult the board but did not rule out the idea. True to his word he has done just that and should be credited for even looking into an idea that was just floated.
Dagger83

I echo Sussex. I also received a letter because of non-renewal asking for feedback as to why. I emailed and received a reply shortly after. It's good that they're trying something new.

My one big concern is that this appears there's cash flow issues at the club. Cheaper season tickets, letters asking why we haven't renewed and now a scheme to get £50 up front from people. Maybe I'm being cynical but alarm bells have started to ring.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

We have sold to survive but now there is no one to sell, Jodi Jones will be gone by Xmas.
Phippo

Full marks to the club for trying this scheme. As for the various "theories" as to why it's being introduced, amuses me somewhat!
Simmo

The flexicard is not because of cash flow. We're trying to keep attendances up and, after some feedback, decided this was worth a try.
Pondfield Dagger

i was about to get an adult terrace season ticket this week for £335...will have a rethink now...seeing as 23 games on the flexi card will cost £280... you would be gutted if you was one of those who purchased a £335 ticket between 1 june and now lol....
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.