Opening day of the season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BillyC94

Fixtures out Wednesday, league cup draw Tuesday. Who do we want opening day of the season and first round of the cup? Personally, I'd like a trip to Fratton Park first up. Spent quite a bit of time in Pompey the past year so know a lot of the pubs and bars plus more chance of decent weather in August which makes it a very vibrant city. Only downside is they look to be the heavyweights of the division this year with a very capable manager in charge. As for the cup, quite fancy QPR away as haven't been to Loftus Road and isn't too much travelling for a Tuesday night.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
DaggerJoel11

Though the prospect of an ex-prem club is tempting, I'd much prefer one were capable of prevailing in. Personally: Gillingham away. As for league quite fancy Notts away.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
matt_drfc

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Though the prospect of an ex-prem club is tempting, I'd much prefer one were capable of prevailing in. Personally: Gillingham away. As for league quite fancy Notts away.
I highly doubt you've been to Gillingham if you want them.
bearaab

We'll get a home tie against an ex prem team and get smashed. Carlisle away in the league and we'll be away on the last day of the season as always.
Diggerthedog

We will surely get Orient on Boxing Day now Southend have departed although the fuzz will have a say on that as normally big London derbies in the prem on Boxing Day. A supposed easy home game was our downfall last season so would play anyone.
PaulHornchurch

Think we will be at home opening game. West Ham want to play their last game of the season at Upton Park, which should see them away first game, which means we 'should' be at home. 50p going on that.

League Cup away at Peterborough I feel.
Diggerthedog

The prem always starts and finish at different times to football league due to play offs.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote:The prem always starts and finish at different times to football league due to play offs.
Starts on the 8th like we do this season
Diggerthedog

There must be some rubbish international tournament next summer then, one where Engalnd wi get hyped up only to be sent packing.
OBD

Home game with Accrington please.
@OfficialBigDave
speedy

Wouldn't mind starting the season with an away game at Yeovil. As for the cup, are we destined to ever win in this competition? Anyone at home will do, at least we might have half a chance.
mickeyblue

Sods law ill be on holiday and we get Fulham away and pompey away 1st game.
I'd like easy home game in cup and seaside town away 1st game as our away fans deserve a weekend away in the sun.
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

Away league game to start team... Against a top half team will be good... Home game against a winnable team brings back memories of last season when my summer of excitement disappeared along with Kevin Ellison!
Daggyjack

Away to Portsmouth first game.
Full list of fixtures below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... e/fixtures
bearaab

Another year I can't go to Fratton Park.