Matt Partridge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

I see Matt Partridge has signed for another year...

Just dont take a picture of his car... What a pathetic kid!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... amage.html
Dagger83

Any need for that? It all got posted when we signed him, no need to dig it all up again.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chigwellian

As he is still currently mid sentence, this should not be swept under the carpet, for the sake of the poor guy who will have health problems for the rest of his life
steeevooo

Talking of sweeping things under the carpet - was there ever any follow up from the club to this: http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 60820.aspx? Apologies if I have missed any subsequent statements...
PaulHornchurch

As far as I can see Matt hasn't given the club any cause for concern since he's been here. On the pitch I like him as a player and pleased he has signed. If there had been problems I'm sure WB and the Club wouldn't have offered him a deal.

Re JL, was training with the Youth I think, but will remain until his ban ends. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
ARNU

Its why I refer to partridge as Thug,although he has grown on me a bit. Im sure hes trying extra hard to behave right now as he'll go away if he dosent.The real test is when his suspension is spent.

Labadie got a 6 month ban.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Ogogo beat someone up in a bar once. Oh, I forgot, he was too good a player to have a go at. Same as good ol Stevie G. Only ever seems to be the non star players that get the abuse for these things.
Adrian

steeevooo wrote:Talking of sweeping things under the carpet - was there ever any follow up from the club to this: http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 60820.aspx? Apologies if I have missed any subsequent statements...
There haven't been any as far as I'm aware. The silence on it is almost deafening. If we didn't have a clause in his contract allowing us to get shot if he was banned by the FA for something like this then whoever was involved in his contract should be sacked.

If he is training with the youth players then that this the most ridiculous attempt at punishment - stick someone who has been nothing but a bad example of how to act with a bunch of impressionable kids. Genius.

On Partridge, I don't think we should have ever signed him but at least he appears to have behaved while with us.
Adrian

bearaab wrote:Ogogo beat someone up in a bar once. Oh, I forgot, he was too good a player to have a go at. Same as good ol Stevie G. Only ever seems to be the non star players that get the abuse for these things.
There was plenty said about Ogogo at the time.
Lcbdagger

Never a fan when he signed or for much of the season, but fair play, when he has got some game time he has largely been a decent League Two level defender... better CB in my opinion than RB as I think he is more than a yard of pace off what is required for a pro full back
steeevooo

Adrian wrote:
steeevooo wrote:Talking of sweeping things under the carpet - was there ever any follow up from the club to this: http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 60820.aspx? Apologies if I have missed any subsequent statements...
There haven't been any as far as I'm aware. The silence on it is almost deafening. If we didn't have a clause in his contract allowing us to get shot if he was banned by the FA for something like this then whoever was involved in his contract should be sacked.

If he is training with the youth players then that this the most ridiculous attempt at punishment - stick someone who has been nothing but a bad example of how to act with a bunch of impressionable kids. Genius.

On Partridge, I don't think we should have ever signed him but at least he appears to have behaved while with us.
Agreed - to me it very much stinks of brushing it under the carpet, nothing to see here guv. The silence is, as you say, deafening.
Mark

His name went missing off the programme at the end of the season too. Maybe he's an unperson.
Simmo

I only send the opponents a list of the players who are available to play. i.e. I don't include long term injuries or players out on loan. Some clubs decide to use the full squad from those registered rather than the one I send them.

In the case of Joss, there was no point including him in the squad list for Exeter as he wasn't available.
Lcbdagger

Simmo wrote:I only send the opponents a list of the players who are available to play. i.e. I don't include long term injuries or players out on loan. Some clubs decide to use the full squad from those registered rather than the one I send them.

In the case of Joss, there was no point including him in the squad list for Exeter as he wasn't available.
Understandable, but you do worry about our team signing off contracts if he wasn't signed up with some kind of piece written in about his behaviour given his previous indescretion... if we can't get rid of him it really is a strange situation.

Certainly a worry, given his lack of games last season if we are keeping him on but he will be a peripheral player again next season