Abu Leaves

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

All the best mate, a good servant to the club in his time.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 47647.aspx
Sorry about your damn luck!
BillyC94

Good luck Abs! A great servant to us who was fairly consistent over 6 seasons. From the Wembley season, that great year in L1 + the last few years of consolidation in L2, he has always been one of our more consistent performers. Heard rumours on twitter Preston were interested, not sure whether that depends on what division they're in mind. Not sure if he's got the ability to make it as a central midfielder in the league above however maybe for a bit more money he'll be happy to play at his best position at right back. As I've said all along, Doey is the man we now need to keep and make skipper. We need to pull out all the stops to keep him!
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
Masked Man

Luton.
Mike the Dagger

Good luck Abu and thanks for the memories.

Maybe next time we see "Ogogo OG" it will be good news!
NickMurphy

Cheers Abs, don't think anyone begrudges you the move that you deserve. Great 6 years here, from Wembley to captain and everything else inbetween and thereafter.

I don't think he'll end up at Luton either, well hopefully not anyway! He's better than that.
Dagger83

I can't believe the club didn't put a little dig in and name the article "Defender Departs Daggers".

Very disappointed.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Just lost our hardest working player there. Good luck to him I hope it works out.Someone told me Preston were interested.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

I don't begrudge him his move good luck to him. I just hope that whoever he plays for he respects the manager's decisions as to his position on the pitch. It's a good move on both sides for me.
daggersjeff

Think we will be better off without him. He would have gone two years ago if Judas hadn't given in to him.

No Player should demand where he plays. As someone previously said, the armband should go to Scotty Doe, who should of had it anyway!

Onwards and upwards
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hope he finds a career at a higher level. Top player and always seemed like a good ambassador for the club as captain.
Kevin

Top player, top man - certainly gave his all every time he was on the pitch.

Wish him all the best -at right back he's a chance of playing a level (or maybe two) higher I reckon.
Lcbdagger

Wonder if he would get picked up by someone like Millwall... not a fan personally but they were relegated with a largely woeful defence last year and they do seem to like players from lower league clubs that have a bit of passion and get the crowd on their side... Abu certainly isn't one to back out of an early game crunching tackle if he's in at RB
TheLion

The time was probably right on both sides. He was a real Dagger in terms of giving his all.

I hope he moves on to Millwall, it would be a match made in heaven with his passion getting the crowd going.
Richie

Certainly wish him well, didn't realise he was so young when he joined either until reading it.
Phippo

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Hope he finds a career at a higher level. Top player and always seemed like a good ambassador for the club as captain.
Certainly couldn't question his commitment on the pitch. Wish him well.