gavin hoyte

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

Just been released,id have him back.
IanC

Especially now!!
ARNU

Nah ! Just another Charlie big spud. There will be others out there.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Depends what he wants... If he fancies another top half challenge as probably a guaranteed starter then he can come here... Doubt he will get an offer from Wayne considering how he left us
DaggerJoel11

He surely wouldn't have the audacity to return.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:He surely wouldn't have the audacity to return.
Probably wouldn't and we probably wouldn't offer him a deal... but with Abu and Batt leaving he would be a star in our side next season if he was here... wouldn't have even started discussions on here about our Captain's best position as we would have had no need for him at RB ith Hoyte in the team from August onwards. A back five of Cousins, Hoyte, Doe, Ayo and Widdowson from the first game would have got up to within a few points of the playoffs this season, if not higher
Phippo

Decent player, but probably best he doesn't return. Doubt we could pay him what he feels he's worth!
Chigwellian

Phippo wrote:
Decent player, but probably best he doesn't return. Doubt we could pay him what he feels he's worth!
Agreed that we probably wouldn't offer him a contract but beggars can't be choosers..... If I was out of a job, I would take whatever was offered ... Even if it was at a lower wage.

I think this view might be due to how I was brought up, and my age. Younger people tend to think that being on benefits is better than taking a lower paid job
Lcbdagger

Chigwellian wrote:
Phippo wrote:
Agreed that we probably wouldn't offer him a contract but beggars can't be choosers..... If I was out of a job, I would take whatever was offered ... Even if it was at a lower wage.

I think this view might be due to how I was brought up, and my age. Younger people tend to think that being on benefits is better than taking a lower paid job
Can see where you're coming from but he did play 30 odd games for the Gills last season so would certainly be entitled to think he can secure another League One move... he hasn't sat on the bench all season getting paid and played 4 or 5 matches... Interesting to see them let go of Legge too who played a lot of games last year