Who do we need to Keep

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

I see we have signed Cureton who else do we need to make sure we keep? I am going with an obvious one Cousins.
PaulHornchurch

Both keepers have one year left on their contract. I don't have a problem if they all re-sign, except the loan players obviously who will be looking to play higher up the pyramid by their parent clubs.

The squad all know how the Management want to play so you would hit the ground running and have no settling in period.

However reality is the club may well reduce the wage budget by 10-15% which means 3 or 4 may leave or have to accept reduced terms
The Romford Dagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:Both keepers have one year left on their contract. I don't have a problem if they all re-sign, except the loan players obviously who will be looking to play higher up the pyramid by their parent clubs.

The squad all know how the Management want to play so you would hit the ground running and have no settling in period.

However reality is the club may well reduce the wage budget by 10-15% which means 3 or 4 may leave or have to accept reduced terms
From the loans, I'd like to see the Jak re-sign
PaulHornchurch

After Saturday, I wouldn't put too much on that happening.
stanton101

Doey is the main one for me, we can get by in other areas on the pitch but we're very short on cover at centre half.
Lcbdagger

If I was taken off after twenty minutes at the weekend I wouldn't be in a rush to sign up with us next season
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wants to learn to do what he is f---ing told to do then.
leewilson

From those out of contract

Keep

Doe
Bingham (However, I think he'll go)
Hemmings
Yussef
Partridge
Widdowson
Raymond
Gayle
Howell
Boucaud

Let go

Ogogo (controversial opinion but I think he is the most overrated of our squad. At RB, I'd have him in an instant. But it's clear he fancies himself as a CM and whilst he's tidy in League 2, he'll get found out at a higher level. I'd much rather have Bingham kept in CM than Ogogo)
Goldberg

We'll need a couple of ins but this is where WB needs to be canny. Jak and Ayo were good loan players to have this season. If he can utilise the loan market next season, that would be superb. I think for the sort of player we're likely to attract on a permanent deal at CB, we may have to use the loan market for this and start the season with Doe and Gayle. As for RB, another solid full back with no thrills like Widdowson please to challenge Partridge.

Edited Howell and Boucard in.
Last edited by leewilson on Mon May 04, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:From those out of contract

Keep

Doe
Bingham (However, I think he'll go)
Hemmings
Yussef
Partridge
Widdowson
Raymond
Gayle

Let go

Ogogo (controversial opinion but I think he is the most overrated of our squad. At RB, I'd have him in an instant. But it's clear he fancies himself as a CM and whilst he's tidy in League 2, he'll get found out at a higher level. I'd much rather have Bingham kept in CM than Ogogo)
Goldberg

We'll need a couple of ins but this is where WB needs to be canny. Jak and Ayo were good loan players to have this season. If he can utilise the loan market next season, that would be superb. I think for the sort of player we're likely to attract on a permanent deal at CB, we may have to use the loan market for this and start the season with Doe and Gayle. As for RB, another solid full back with no thrills like Widdowson please to challenge Partridge.
Agree with Lee, I'd keep Howell and Boucaud as well and let go of Saah and Nouble.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Wants to learn to do what he is f---ing told to do then.
No doubt you would sign with us this week if your last game had been a twenty minute cameo as a sub where you were then subbed yourself
ARNU

Jakubiak was getting paid whether he played or not.Therefore....he has to follow orders from the manager.That or be so great the manager cant afford to leave him out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
OBD

Keep the lot of them, get rid of Saah and Goldberg and bring in another quality centre half.
@OfficialBigDave
SUSSEX DAGGER

By all accounts he repeatedly ignored the Bench when asked to do a certain task.

My only disappointment in this matter was why Jones was withdrawn for him in the first instance.
Was not convinced about him Being ready yet but Saturday every time he got the ball he excited me .Like Raymond who I was disappointed to see dropped in favour of somebody who won't be here next season thought it was a good opportunity to give them experiance. Never mind
its all good

Jodi said he was knackered. He's not played too many full games since breaking into the squad. Apparently Alex was unwell the night before. He thought he was over it but when he went on was still feeling the effects and couldn't get around the pitch as he normally does
Phippo

stanton101 wrote:Doey is the main one for me, we can get by in other areas on the pitch but we're very short on cover at centre half.
Agree with Doe being the main man to hold on to now. Would also like to have an update with regard to Zavon, and also the Labadie situation! If Conners, Chambers and O'brien were to be released then that would be a positive to me. Would love to see Yusuff progress as he is the type of player who gives his all. I reserve judgement on Doidge. Am pessimistic on retaining Bingham and Ogogo.