Well done Mr Burnett.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
bearaab wrote:If someone had a go at me at work I'd have a go back too. Don't give me all this role model shit either, he's the manager of a league 2 team, can't see youngsters looking up to him over Mourinho.
And in a lot of jobs if you had a go someone you'd end facing disciplinary action.
It's nothing to do with being a role model. It's about being a paid professional and needing to develop a thick enough skin to ignore stuff.

But then he's got history with not being able to deal with having people unhappy at him, so it probably isn't going to change.
Have to agree with this... role model is irrelevant... he's not in charge of an amateur side, he is a professional football manager
bearaab

He's not paid to be insulted and abused. It doesn't matter whether its amateur or professional, if a fans big enough to give it I'm sure he can take it. Its not as if he's walking up to a kid in the crowd that has done nothing and called him a ***** is it?
Chigwellian

bearaab wrote:If someone had a go at me at work I'd have a go back too. Don't give me all this role model shit either, he's the manager of a league 2 team, can't see youngsters looking up to him over Mourinho.
Bearaab..... He has had a go at a long standing supporter who is also a lady pensioner... There is absolutely no excuse for his short fuse (this lady does not swear either)
ARNU

bearaab wrote:He's not paid to be insulted and abused. It doesn't matter whether its amateur or professional, if a fans big enough to give it I'm sure he can take it. Its not as if he's walking up to a kid in the crowd that has done nothing and called him a ***** is it?
Whilst I largely agree with you for once,I would say that abuse and criticism is part of the job description unfortunately.As a human being he has the same ability as you and me to respond how he sees fit however you would expect a professional football manager to know its part and parcel of the job and ignore it, as difficult as that may be.He wears his heart on his sleeve and that is a big big weakness,one im sure he battles with everyday of his life.Only the opinions of those that matter to you actually matter afterall.

As he dosent appear to be doing much wrong at the moment I can only assume the fans in question (Even little old lady pensioners) are rather unfair to keep moaning on about him and maybe might exercise self control themselves.Its only football.
Last edited by ARNU on Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

bearaab wrote:He's not paid to be insulted and abused. It doesn't matter whether its amateur or professional, if a fans big enough to give it I'm sure he can take it. Its not as if he's walking up to a kid in the crowd that has done nothing and called him a ***** is it?
It doesn't matter what he's paid to do. It's still not acceptable for him to react and have a go back.
It wasn't acceptable when other managers did, or when players did it, and it still isn't acceptable for him to be doing it.

In most jobs, if you had a go back at someone who'd had a go at you, you'd lose your job. It's about being professional in the way you act, the difference between amateur and professional is irrelevant.

Wayne Burnett is a professional football manager, that on more than one occasion has failed to act professionally.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
It doesn't matter what he's paid to do. It's still not acceptable for him to react and have a go back.
It wasn't acceptable when other managers did, or when players did it, and it still isn't acceptable for him to be doing it.

In most jobs, if you had a go back at someone who'd had a go at you, you'd lose your job. It's about being professional in the way you act, the difference between amateur and professional is irrelevant.

Wayne Burnett is a professional football manager, that on more than one occasion has failed to act professionally.
Ideally and professionally he should ignore it.But I don't think that means you can just go upto him and call him names and he cant exercise his right to self defence,verbally or otherwise.Many a twat has spent a week in intensive care believing doormen have to put up with their shit,believing foolishly that they wont retaliate cos they might lose their job (They are half right.They can lose their job and liberty but its always best not to antagonise in the 1st place I'd say) Unless Burnett drop kicks you in the solar plexus I cant see realisticly how you can expect him to not have any right of reply to what,sometimes ,are complete arseholes.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Doesn't matter if you're young or old, if you've been a fan 50 years or 5 minutes, if you're going to have a go at the manager and then be offended when he has a go back then you probably need to grow up a little bit.
shoreyda2nd

bearaab wrote:Doesn't matter if you're young or old, if you've been a fan 50 years or 5 minutes, if you're going to have a go at the manager and then be offended when he has a go back then you probably need to grow up a little bit.
No idea what happened as I was stood on the terrace behind the goal, but I completely agree with this statement.