Well done Mr Burnett.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Who would have thought we would have finished 18 points above the drop zone 4 months ago ? Not me !!

Still cant believe it :shock:

Well done to WB and his team and heres looking forward to an even better season next year. :P

Come on who really wouldn't take 14th place next season too,given we'll probably lose half the good uns again ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

To be honest I dont think many will leave. The only certs are ayo obviously and abs who all of a sudden thinks he's David Silva. As much as I like abs he's a far better right back but if he thinks he can play midfield at a higher level then he should leave. It might just make Doey stay and he can then be our captain.
Lcbdagger

Well he get a midfield spot higher up the ladder? No doubt a higher league team would take him in defence
Pondfield Dagger

well done wayne.. i do think he will do better next year, better 2nd halfs hopefully.

another game today where we were not losing at half time...about 40 of the 46 matches of this season's matches have been like this...
Chigwellian

.... Once again clueless.
What the hell was said at half time to make the players come out as if they were really pissed off.

Also, what happened with Jacubiak... Came on as sub for 10 minutes, then got subbed himself, he hadn't done anything wrong, but it really annoyed him, and probably rightly so.

I have a feeling that was more to do with a personal vendetta from WB, as he was in a foul mood as he had another pop at one of our supporters ( hearsay, I might add. Hopefully someone can clarify that)
bearaab

Give it a rest.
matt_drfc

bearaab wrote:Give it a rest.
Exactly.
Chigwellian

Why give it a rest?
We went from a very competitive team playing attractive football in the first half, to a total bunch of strangers in the second, that looked totally pissed off.... What happened in the dressing room at half time?

Also, what was that about Jacubiak?.... These are my views on what I saw yesterday ... Did you go? Because if you did, then you would know what I'm talking about.
Lcbdagger

I assumed Jakubiak was injured... curious decision if he only got 20 minutes... thought he was aplayer we may try to sign in the Summer
IanC

I was working so didnt go,but if i was there i would know what you were talking about,the only difference is i wouldnt have give a toss.Cos like me mates i would have been merried up with ale and havin a great time.And how very feckin dare you want two halfs of good or even great football from our wonderful club who all work their socks off,them muppets who are gonna win the prem by a mile dont serve that up for their prawn sandwich brigade who jumped on board ten years ago.What ya see is what ya get,like it or lump it.Our business was done weeks ago mr chigwellian,lighten up for god sake its the cricket season.
matt_drfc

Chigwellian wrote:Why give it a rest?
We went from a very competitive team playing attractive football in the first half, to a total bunch of strangers in the second, that looked totally pissed off.... What happened in the dressing room at half time?

Also, what was that about Jacubiak?.... These are my views on what I saw yesterday ... Did you go? Because if you did, then you would know what I'm talking about.
I did, yes. We played some good stuff in the first half and if we nick a goal, we probably go on and win the game. But Exeter weren't awful, there wasn't too much in it really, they scored a great first goal and it changes the game. They sat deeper and made us chase the ball more, cock up at the back gives them their second and it's effectively game over. I don't think we were terrible in the second half, it's just one of those things. Like I said recently, people want someone to blame for everything, we have no right to win every game. We will lose games. It was the last game of the season and meant nothing, I saw enough last week to say we'll be fine again next season. I dunno about you but I go to away games for a laugh with my pals, the result is a bonus personally. I haven't got a clue regarding Jakubiak, it was strange, yeah.

Anyway, we'll all be back in August won't we?
Chigwellian

Yes Matt, I will be back here next season with my differing views to the majority... Anyway, it's the summer season ..... Now where did I put my speedos :geek:
PaulHornchurch

Yesterday's game wasn't a classic, but certainly first half we had some chances.

2nd half saw Exeter a little more positive, and why not they were at home. Their first goal was decent, their second a disaster, but Gayle has been excellent since he came in, and if that's going to happen, rarer last game than first game next term.

Only my view on the sub. When AJ came on, WB changed the formation, it looked like AJ wasn't closing down as asked, and WB got the hump and pulled him off.

As for the fan, something was said, and WB said something back. And why not, WB has done a very good job, and doesn't deserve personal abuse.

I am very positive for next season, yes 2or3 will go, but signing for Dag & Red is no longer seen as a battle against relegation, it's seen as a decent club, good stepping stone.

Roll on June 17th and the fixtures, and first pre-season game in July.
bearaab

If someone had a go at me at work I'd have a go back too. Don't give me all this role model shit either, he's the manager of a league 2 team, can't see youngsters looking up to him over Mourinho.
Adrian

bearaab wrote:If someone had a go at me at work I'd have a go back too. Don't give me all this role model shit either, he's the manager of a league 2 team, can't see youngsters looking up to him over Mourinho.
And in a lot of jobs if you had a go someone you'd end facing disciplinary action.
It's nothing to do with being a role model. It's about being a paid professional and needing to develop a thick enough skin to ignore stuff.

But then he's got history with not being able to deal with having people unhappy at him, so it probably isn't going to change.