Prediction - Who will stay and who will go?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Let me make it clear from the start.. I want all of these to sign as I imagine everyone does. This is a prediction of what I think will happen, not what I want to..

JC - Stay
Abu - Go
Doey - Stays
Bingham - Go

Honestly believe that if they sign, with the good football and improving results of the last couple of months, a play off push is an outside possibility.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Interesting about Abu being that he has missed a few games this season with injury and I don't think he will be the greatest loss if he was being retained as a Midfielder. Sure if he was to sign as a right back then that would be diffrent

The biggest loss to me would be Doe ,now would a few extra quid and the Captaincy be enough to tempt him?
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Interesting about Abu being that he has missed a few games this season with injury and I don't think he will be the greatest loss if he was being retained as a Midfielder. Sure if he was to sign as a right back then that would be diffrent

The biggest loss to me would be Doe ,now would a few extra quid and the Captaincy be enough to tempt him?
Well Abu has surprised me a little with publicly saying the things about not liking right back. Would've much rather seen him get on with it. I think he will be a loss though because he clearly will go into absolutely every tackle duy committed and will stand up and be counted even if under pressure.

Doey is a bigger loss tho like you say..
Lcbdagger

I have a feeling only Jamie will stay... But great news if we keep any others... Interesting to see how our midfield lines up next season if a few go...
Diggerthedog

Doe would be the biggest loss for me. Abu we can cope without in midfield, he can put in the tackles but all this refusing to play at right back and your the club captain stinks. Bingham may go to Luton but won't see much of the ball with Stills tactics but if he stayed he and carried on someone would want to sign him higher up.

Cureton I would sign as player and striking coach, our young players would earn so much of these chap not just finishing but professional side of the game.
OBD

I doubt any of those 4 will be here next season for one reason or another.
@OfficialBigDave
ARNU

Abs.....As a right back he will be an asset wherever he goes and that is by far his best position.As a midfielder I don't think he'll get out of league 2 unless he wants to earn his money on the bench.We will miss the fact he gives 200% every game though and he deserves a move to a bigger higher paying club.I just hope his head isn't ruled by some dodgy agent telling him things about playing for Barcalona....I think he'll go.

Doey deserves a move and would be missed immediately I think.Again I don't think he would get out of league 2 and hold a permanent position much higher.Would be better off with us on a better salary.....I think and hope he'll stay

Bingham if he can stay un injured(That's the biggest risk to his future success) would do well elsewhere again deserves more dosh......

JC has got another season in him definitely,I guess its all about the money at the end of the day,whoever offers most will get another 15 - 20 goals out of him next year.I hope we can keep him and get him to get involved in coaching too.....Give him that coaching role he'll stay I reckon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

OBD wrote:I doubt any of those 4 will be here next season for one reason or another.
Having had JC previously come out saying both that he wanted to stay and hoped the manager would sign a new contract... it would be sad if he now left... especially given that I originally thought the idea of him actually signing for us after pre-season was a massive pipe dream anyway!
its all good

I'm not as pessimistic as some contributors and believe some of our best players will stay
Whether by accident or design we now have a pretty young squad overall
Younger players coming through are usually on modest contracts so perhaps there will be flexibility in the budget to offer better deals to the senior guys
It would be fair and good all round as our young players will learn so much from them
I'm feeling pretty positive for next year
ARNU

its all good wrote:I'm not as pessimistic as some contributors and believe some of our best players will stay
Younger players coming through are usually on modest contracts so perhaps there will be flexibility in the budget to offer better deals to the senior guys
It would be fair and good all round as our young players will learn so much from them
Make your mind up mate.You implied in a thread the other day that Wayne would be leaving.Something about news that would please the more negative posters on here. :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Everyone slating Abu doesn't add up to me. He hasn't said he won't play right back as far as I am aware, he's been playing there!
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
its all good wrote:I'm not as pessimistic as some contributors and believe some of our best players will stay
Make your mind up mate.You implied in a thread the other day that Wayne would be leaving.Something about news that would please the more negative posters on here. :lol:
I'm sure he said "I'd put money on WB staying" :?
bearaab

Richie wrote:Everyone slating Abu doesn't add up to me. He hasn't said he won't play right back as far as I am aware, he's been playing there!
I asked for proof of this a couple of weeks ago and got ignored.
BillyC94

Imagine JC will stay, from what I hear he's settled here, enjoys playing under Wayne, Dagenham's a good location where he is living in Harlow and has another mini Cureton on the way. Could see a deal being struck as early this week.

Doe - In my opinion is irreplaceable but warrants a move, I think it's been previously mentioned but make this man captain and highest earner. If it's still not enough, then he goes with our blessing. Thought the Luton game was plainly obvious that they need at least one, if not two decent centre halves so could see Still taking an interest.

Bingham - Has had a really good season and has always had the potential. Was my vote for 3rd player of the season and rightly got it. Injuries are the only thing preventing him from playing L1 football in the future. If he goes, Frankie Raymond could be a potential replacement however I still always worry he'll be a Matt Saunders rather than a Billy Bingham.

Abs - Is as good as gone for me. He's come on leaps and bounds since we took him in, matured slightly under the captaincy however his refusal to play full back even yesterday when Bingham had to go there for bit has been a bit disappointing. If he accepts he's a right back, L1 football. If not, he won't get out of this league.
It's a game of opinions. @BillyCove94
bearaab

Once again, just saying Ogogo won't play there without any proof.