What a performance!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

That side is capable of big things next year. Got a feeling Billy is going though..

Also, full marks to the Accy fans. Thought they were hilarious and the bit where they pretended to score to celebrate like loons was quality.

Perfect way ttoo end my time as a ST holder at Daggers
Lcbdagger

Absolutely cracking day today, on the field and off... a goal for the teenager, first goal for our first choice right back next season (Wayne, get him on Sprint training over the summer), great free kick for young Raymond who will fit in to that next season with ease (needs to improve short passing).

Never a threat at the back, strong in midfield, too chances up front and played at a high tempo with a threat on both ends for once...

Highlight of the day seeing the flying header from the Accie fan and hearing Ian Gayle and his Opera vice screaming every time we gave Accrington a chance.

Interesting words from Wayne at the end but fair play for accepting the issues we had early season... Thought at one point in his talk he may bite back at the negative comments now he has signed his contract.

Only negatives today, even with today's squad on a high and fringe players giving it a go like it was their last day on earth, Chambers still looked poor and Connors showed he has the heart but not the talent to be a starter next season.

Obviously gutted for Yussuf if it was a bad injury as he scared the opposition half to death for the first twenty today!

All in all, great stuff to finish the Home season... Time to get that ST sorted
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:Absolutely cracking day today, on the field and off... a goal for the teenager, first goal for our first choice right back next season (Wayne, get him on Sprint training over the summer), great free kick for young Raymond who will fit in to that next season with ease (needs to improve short passing).

Never a threat at the back, strong in midfield, too chances up front and played at a high tempo with a threat on both ends for once...

Highlight of the day seeing the flying header from the Accie fan and hearing Ian Gayle and his Opera vice screaming every time we gave Accrington a chance.

Interesting words from Wayne at the end but fair play for accepting the issues we had early season... Thought at one point in his talk he may bite back at the negative comments now he has signed his contract.

Only negatives today, even with today's squad on a high and fringe players giving it a go like it was their last day on earth, Chambers still looked poor and Connors showed he has the heart but not the talent to be a starter next season.

Obviously gutted for Yussuf if it was a bad injury as he scared the opposition half to death for the first twenty today!

All in all, great stuff to finish the Home season... Time to get that ST sorted
Agree re Raymond. Was very impressed.

Was absolutely gutted for Yuseff.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

God I love football. Jamie <3 <3
SUSSEX DAGGER

Time for a reality check. Did Accrington have a pair of boots between them or did they all wear flip flops.Only half looked interested and if I was an Accy fan I would be outraged tonight.

Another sitter missed by golden balls thinking we are heading towards a dozen one on ones now. Nice gesture to put it on a plate for Jones mind as he could have scored himself. Did he really get a touch on the goal or was it just a cock up by the Keeper compounded by Raymond's free kick sorry Cousins was the player of the season .

Nice easy game for JJ would have been nice to see him get more of the ball but our midfield only appeared to have a left eye ,how many likes he wanted the ball first half in acres of space I stopped counting when we seem to only interested in going down the left.

Saw enough to show a fit Hemmings/Jones/Hines are going to cause no amount of danger to opponents next season. We'll done Gayle did very well but still not convinced if we lose Doe,if we do then an experienced Centre half is a must.

With Abu going same also applies to right back. Good to see Raymond continue to give the same impression as at Newport and looks exciting.

All in all we look promising but nothing more
DaggerJoel11

Was delighted to sign off with a resounding win. Lots of hilarious moments and a great way to end our home campaign. Now to ST renewal
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

Of course Cureton touched the goal. The ball changed direction!
ARNU

Couldn't stay at the end because of a business commitment so would have liked to go on the pitch but had to get down to Sydenham South London in my Daggers top,very professional I know.Just got back.....

Accy were the worst team we've had visit us all season so 4-0 was probably an underachievement.First half was so boring was thinking about leaving early to get to my meeting.2nd half though and Jamie livened it all up.Shame about Yusuff,hope he gets better soon as he was a constant threat I thought.Liked Raymond and Jones although he is far from the finished article but at 16 he can only get better.Big mention to Jamie cureton here,Im sure he could have scored but unselfishly gave the ball to Jones to get him off the mark.Top player and I hope we get him for another season and with coaching responsibilities too.Great way to finish the season.Well done to Wayne Burnett,Darren currie and even the odious Hackett.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
PaulHornchurch

I think we all agree Accy weren't up for it. However job needed doing, and it was done.

3 months ago Gayle, Raymond, Jones were all training with the First Team but not featuring. As we became safe WB has given them a chance and now everyone wants them first names on the team sheet, and why not ?

I'm sure some of the squad will receive offers, but the team spirit seems good and we might be surprised.

A few will go, and we might have a slightly smaller squad, but with one or two additions we could be on to something
AVincelotFlyingLeap

As someone who wasn't there today, anyone fancy sharing these funny moments? Was the atmosphere as good as I think it was?
Lcbdagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:I think we all agree Accy weren't up for it. However job needed doing, and it was done.
They were poor but we needed to get the win, even with what few would consider a first choice XI... we created more against Luton but only got one point in return
The Romford Dagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:As someone who wasn't there today, anyone fancy sharing these funny moments? Was the atmosphere as good as I think it was?

A couple of standout moments I can remover both involved the standing Accy fans at the back (about 7/8 of them). They did the old chant 'let's pretend we scored a goal' and then did wild celebrations. And then one of them dived for the ball up the back but as he did tripped over the chairs and slipped down 2 rows of stairs whilst the ball rebounded of the back of the TBS wall and hit him square in the face. Brilliant! To which the little kids that the Accy fans kept chanting to got up and in unison with the sieve just cheered and laughed at him.

They literally danced and sang all day even though the singers had at most 10 people in.
DaggerJoel11

Great Accy effort. To travel that far on the penultimate game takes dedication.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Bluenose

It was nice that in the first half Steve came round to thank all the fans individually and shake them by the hand.
And after the presentations JC had time for every kid who wanted a selfie and every fan who wanted a programme signed. What a lovely lovely chap.
its all good

Of course Accy were ready for the beach but our team could have taken the same approach with little at stake
Poor Ade has a groin problem picked up in a full blooded 50/50 where both guys were hurt
He was absolutely sick afterwards
The only consolation is that the season is almost over so he has plenty of time to get over it
My hunch is that Billy will stay now that Wayne is carrying on
Two of three other stalwarts may go if they get a chance to play at a higher level but we have decent quality in the youngsters coming through our own ranks
Several more Academy players could break through to the first team squad in the second half of next season
Our U18 team this year was mainly made up of first year scholars and U16 boys
I wouldn't be surprised to see us dominate the U18 league next term