Burnett's reaction to Benson's Red card

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

watch from 25 seconds in...as soon as the ref holds up the red card,burnett holds his hands up, and waves his arm like `never a red card` and turns round in disgust.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0oqWehWpc
The Romford Dagger

Could he think the red was for our player or something?

I admit it doesn't look good
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:Could he think the red was for our player or something?

"doesn't look good" how so? I'd be more embarrassed if he was jumping around screaming at the ref.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Could he think the red was for our player or something?

"doesn't look good" how so? I'd be more embarrassed if he was jumping around screaming at the ref.
Sorry. Didn't explain properly.

I mean the tackle doesn't look good even though I'm a big fan of Benno it's a bad tackle. Not intentional though.
matt_drfc

Apologies then. I thought that was a response to the initial thread title.
Phippo

Actually Waynes reaction ties in with what J Still said in an interview since the match. Also both he and Still thought that ex Dagger Wilkinson was denied a certain penalty against us!
Adrian

Pondfield Dagger wrote:watch from 25 seconds in...as soon as the ref holds up the red card,burnett holds his hands up, and waves his arm like `never a red card` and turns round in disgust.....

It's obvious isn't it? He was unhappy that we'd be at a disadvantage against the 10 men...
Phippo

Adrian wrote:
Pondfield Dagger wrote:watch from 25 seconds in...as soon as the ref holds up the red card,burnett holds his hands up, and waves his arm like `never a red card` and turns round in disgust.....

It's obvious isn't it? He was unhappy that we'd be at a disadvantage against the 10 men...
And once again he was right! :D :D
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Sorry. Didn't explain properly.

I mean the tackle doesn't look good even though I'm a big fan of Benno it's a bad tackle. Not intentional though.
It's not really bad though is it? He's trying to play the ball, he's being held back a bit by our player, and then when the two collide he can't go backwards because our player is right behind him.
daggersjeff

Got to fess, when I first saw this, I didn't think it deserved a red.....

However, looking at it again, Benno is jumping and is actually off the ground when he makes contact with Gayle. No malice, but definite intent, as no control once you're off the floor.

This, Burnett's reaction, both managers agreeing that Luton should of had a penalty, and the way Burnett set us up, convinces me even more that this was an old pals act.

Makes me wonder whether the dugout move was for Stilly as well!!!
Lcbdagger

Clumsy striker's challenge... Would have understood a yellow but can't argue with the red