Poor old Lewy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Finally gets a game for Colchester gives away a penalty and lets in 6 :o .Maybe Jordan Seabright has a vacancy on his car lot for him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
shoreyda2nd

Twitter reports suggest he was at fault for a couple of goals but also made a few excellent saves to keep the score down. He certainly wouldn't of been bored
DaggerJoel11

In preseason the fans of Colchester said they thought they got the better deal in the goalie scene. How wrong were they.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NickMurphy

Quick look at the highlights and the only one that's totally down to him is the 4th, straight through his hands. Defenders left him exposed on a number of occasions, three one-on-ones in one match is ridiculous.
Lcbdagger

We certainly got the best out of the two way move... Regardless of yesterday... Cousins will be second, at worst, in the player of the year result I would imagine
Bluenose

His last game was in the League Cup in August when he let in 4. so that's ten in two games. Those evenings in Barnet spent watching the ball fly past must seem like a dream...
stanton101

Surely the result on the night was down to the whole defence and not just one bloke.
Phippo

Lewington had reached his sell by date here, and did us a favour leaving (this is not in hindsight)! As pointed out in another thread it surprises me how Colchester let Cousins go, but it was to our advantage! Now we need to get a more able back up keeper!
ARNU

I just hope hes paid well to sit out and waste his talent.I wasnt overstruck on him at times but he had his moments and did have time to iron out his weakness' and develop.I cant see how sitting on the bench all season is progress unless its well paid.Shit move otherwise.Cousins is 10 times better and more importantly playing every week.We'll do well to keep him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

ARNU wrote:I just hope hes paid well to sit out and waste his talent.I wasnt overstruck on him at times but he had his moments and did have time to iron out his weakness' and develop.I cant see how sitting on the bench all season is progress unless its well paid.Shit move otherwise.Cousins is 10 times better and more importantly playing every week.We'll do well to keep him.
Lewy showed early signs of promise but did not progress significantly enough in my opinion. A decent enough shot stopper, but too often rooted to his goal line and often "froze". I was pleased he left for pastures new and even more pleased that we got the Colchester "reject"! Hopefully we can welcome Lewy back next season if Colchester get relegated, but somehow I think they will be looking around for someone else!