Change for Change sake

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Why after Mondays effort so many changes were made today only Wayne can tell us. If he did not know at 3pm that Connors, Chambers and Partridge are not upto it then he did at 5pm. Most of us had already arrived at that opinion and the one change we all wanted to see did not happen Jodi Jones.
Make no mistake if he can not do it against them he ain't doing it anywhere and a fantastic opportunity to blood such a talent was wasted.

Team selection all wrong we needed to go 442 with Doidge up top with Cureton first half with a blustery gale behind our backs and because we did not we hardly laid a glove on one of the poorest and clueless teams I have seen in a many a moon.

Once they had the wind behind them we hardly got out our half and don't think we had a shot until Partridge hit the bar at the death when it was easier to score. Clear penalty on Labadie and on the eveidence of pictures seen after Ayo was the victim not the aggressor.

Once again we aimlessly punted a ball in the air which surely is not a good idea when you are facing a wind like we did second half.

Great day out but we never gave ourselves a chance with the Personel and tatics used.
The only good point was Doidge and Yussef looked like they could be a handful given the right conditions which this afternoon certainly was not
The Romford Dagger

Yuseff came on!!!!! Just seen your post and checked!

30 mins!

He's back!!!

Woooooohoooo
SUSSEX DAGGER

He did ok Rd and we only looked likely when he was joined up top for the last 15 by Doidge. Until then we did nothing second half. This kid has something about him no doubt and patience may not be a bad thing
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:He did ok Rd and we only looked likely when he was joined up top for the last 15 by Doidge. Until then we did nothing second half. This kid has something about him no doubt and patience may not be a bad thing

I'd love to see him and JC start. I'm yuseffs biggest fan.

That Carlisle game he literally ruined them for the entire match. Every touch beat them.

Da da da da da da... ADE YUSEFF
stanton101

Far too many changes made by Wayne today. Be interesting to see what the team will be against Luton on tuesday. Just a shame that thats probably the last we'll see of ayo at victoria road. Still there you go.
NickMurphy

Lucky we're safe because that was pretty appalling from team selection until full time. Was not pleased on the final whistle, felt very short changed.
Dagdale

Biggest problem I find with D & R over the years is inconsistency and Managers who seems to change a team on a winning format, how can you demolish 'a good side' by four clear goals like last Monday and travel up North and wind or no wind lose to a very poor side and making a opposing goalkeeper redundant for 80 minutes? Just can't seem to get me head around it? Although thus good journey back as found out come 5 we're safe but frustrated a win here had a good chance to pass over the 60 points. On another note, great following on along with going SW to Argyle must easily be our longest trek, well done all who ventured and a what a pretty good place is this border town.
speedy

Couldn't make yesterday due to work commitments so i'm not going to comment on the display.
The one thing that does annoy me is the tosh spurted by Burnett. We stuffed the Wombles last week and after the game he says 'we wont be easing off, we want to achieve the highest points tally that we can, and finish as high as we can. Bollocks Wayne, first opportunity you put out a weekened side. What other team in this league would Connors get into, he aint been near nor by for the last couple of months apart from the odd bench warming session. Chambers hasnt done anything worth while since early season and Partridge has only been a bit player.
Not so sure about bringing in Jones yet, i know we are safe but give him a full pre season and a few good dinners to beef him up a bit and start him next season.
What happened to Jakubiak yesterday, surely he should have started. And also Carr, another waste of a loan signing.
Like what was said earlier, i dread to think what team he'll put out on Tuesday. We need a bit of meat up top with JC if Wilkinson is in their team. Maybe he'll want to help his old mate Johnny Hoofball get back into play off contention. God, i hope not.
Pondfield Dagger

did regular starters howell, Hemmings, Widdowson make the 600 mile round trip? long way to go not to even get on the bench?

There was no injury news about them before the game so must have been fit..

bit unfair perhaps to Carlisle's relegation rivals putting out a weaker team.
its all good

Pondfield Dagger wrote:did regular starters howell, Hemmings, Widdowson make the 600 mile round trip? long way to go not to even get on the bench?

There was no injury news about them before the game so must have been fit..

bit unfair perhaps to Carlisle's relegation rivals putting out a weaker team.
I don't believe they travelled up for this game
They aren't injured so I guess it was tactical
Be interesting to see the team that starts against Luton
Chigwellian

Pondfield Dagger wrote:bit unfair perhaps to Carlisle's relegation rivals putting out a weaker team.
I was going to write the same thing.... I still can't believe people still want Koko (slanderous pleb) to sign another contract... I wonder if a brown envelope was evident yesterday!!
NickMurphy

Expect us to be extra fired up for Luton if we simply just rested players yesterday. Anything else is inexcusable.
matt_drfc

Well I heard that Howell and Hemmings were both ill on Friday so they didn't travel. Don't know about Widdowson though.
leewilson

Look, illness/injury or not, it's a squad game and if we lose a few in the summer, we may need some of the players next season that came into the side yesterday. We're safe, and whilst extremely frustrating for all that traveled (myself included), at least Wayne saw how a few of them played. Jack Connors is, at present, not good enough to be a football league defender unfortunately. He has too many weaknesses and positionally is very suspect. He is still very young so over time may develop some of these weaknesses but he should quite clearly be the number 2 left back behind Widdowson. I do like Partridge. He is good enough to be a football league defender in my opinion. I'm interested to see him alongside Doe for the final few games now that Ayo's suspended. It should be a good indication as to whether he is a good enough CB option. I think he's a solid squad member for a team like ours though due to his versatility. Labadie is the big let down of the season for me. I was excited when he signed due to how he performed for Torquay during his loan spell and his experience in the league above. He's been absolutely nowhere near the standard for me though. Just cruises through games and doesn't contribute much at all. And then there's Chambers who's just way off the boil.

I though Doidge was a real pain in the arse for them when he came on. He should have been on at half time though with the wind holding the ball up in the 2nd half and I even said this to a friend at HT.

Also not too sure why we're not giving Jakubiak more game time. We should be busting our arse to sign him. He's only a year older than Jones and whilst we're excited about Jones, the Jak is way ahead in terms of development and for me is an exciting option on the side of a front 3. If Watford go up, he could be a genuine option to sign. Even if they don't go up, there could be loan opportunities next season.
Mark

It is a squad game but we all know those players who came in yesterday aren't good enough. We might need them next season? If we do then we'll be in the bottom 4 again. We have about 12 good players at the club and only one of them is here next year.