Ashley Chambers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Dont really think he deserves all the critisism and although hes prone to a bad games, he has shone in games suvh as Carlisle, Brentford and without doubt looked lively against Wycombe. Hes worse than Hemmings but he certainly offersa lot.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Adrian

He hasn't had much that criticism.

I didn't think he was worth signing permanently and have seen nothing from him to make me think I was wrong.

He was awful against Wycombe.
matt_drfc

Posting a thread 3 times is definitely more effective.

He started the season alright, but went right off the boil, good squad player but not good enough for starting XI.
ARNU

Hot or cold player.When hes good hes really good.You have to remember these guys aren't always playing where they want to play but in systems that management demand.A classic example of this is Gavin Tomlin when he played for us under john Still.******** useless ! Comes back with Southend and plays like Ronaldo scores 2 and leaves us standing their mouths open wide.Still played him in a hoofball system that he just wasn't any good at.Tomlin is still playing at a higher level than league 2 I believe.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

I think he has done well when played in the right position which has not been often, has goals and assists which is all you can ask for from a player at this level.
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Dont really think he deserves all the critisism and although hes prone to a bad games, he has shone in games suvh as Carlisle, Brentford and without doubt looked lively against Wycombe. Hes worse than Hemmings but he certainly offersa lot.
Lovely to hear from you Ashley... best of luck for the rest of the season ;)
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:Hot or cold player.When hes good hes really good.You have to remember these guys aren't always playing where they want to play but in systems that management demand.A classic example of this is Gavin Tomlin when he played for us under john Still.******** useless ! Comes back with Southend and plays like Ronaldo scores 2 and leaves us standing their mouths open wide.Still played him in a hoofball system that he just wasn't any good at.Tomlin is still playing at a higher level than league 2 I believe.
Still maintain to this day that we messed up with Tomlin... could have been excellent this season on the right in a 433 type of formation we have with Howell floating around. Would certainly have scored goals this season, probably more than Jakubiak, Hemmings or Chambers
Phippo

Not one of our better players. Seems to be "going through the motions" far to often for my liking nowadays. On this seasons showings, I would not be sorry to see him go.
leewilson

Chambers was excellent for the first 2-3 months playing behind Cureton. However, even during his hot spell he was still extremely indecisive around the box. I could let him off a bit more though when he was making things happen or pushing teams back with his direct running. Now that he's gone off the boil, I have no faith in him when he gets into dangerous areas and he doesn't appear to have much confidence in himself either.

He's worth the final year on his contract as he will have moments that win you games. But if he's an established member of our first XI, then I worry for our chances next season.
Mark

Imo he's quite poor. He did run at people more earlier in the season but to say he played well is overstating it for me. There's hardly ever an end product. Most of his assists early in the season were from set pieces. He hardly ever scores. He doesn't pressure defenders. I think we can do better in the free transfer market.
bearaab

He's no Anthony Edgar
Mark

At least Edgar was playing for free.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:At least Edgar was playing for free.
So was Mo Sharif I believe... not swapping him!
Lcbdagger

leewilson wrote:Chambers was excellent for the first 2-3 months playing behind Cureton. However, even during his hot spell he was still extremely indecisive around the box. I could let him off a bit more though when he was making things happen or pushing teams back with his direct running. Now that he's gone off the boil, I have no faith in him when he gets into dangerous areas and he doesn't appear to have much confidence in himself either.

He's worth the final year on his contract as he will have moments that win you games. But if he's an established member of our first XI, then I worry for our chances next season.
Agree on much of this... but then his expectations have been tempered this season due to performances... hemmings has gtone the other way and frustrates the life out of me with his chances to goals ratio... the boy should have fifteen a season the way he plays
redboy

After his loan spell the previous season, I was surprised that we gave him a contract here. He blows hot and cold and is nowhere near the consistency I'd expect of a FL player. He's frustrating, because with his pace and shooting power, he should be more potent but probably has a decent game every 1 in 3. Made to look better when compared to Porter!