Contracts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Who's gonna stay who's gonna go ?? Who do you want to stay and who do you want to go ???

Burnett and his coaching staff have done enough to get new contracts (even if we have to keep bully boy Warren Hackett as part of the mix) and I think if he keeps the majority of his playing staff we might well be a bit more successful next season.

I think Bingham Abs Doey Cousins and possibly Luke Howell may well get better offers from elsewhere and although I don't grudge them their moves I hope we can do something to keep them.That is the heart of our team afterall.Without them its gonna need a total rebuild and I don't think we have suitable replacements waiting amongst the squad at the moment.I hope we keep jamie Cureton but Im sure other clubs might take a punt with a better contract for him.Id hope daggers get his signature again and give him Coaching responsibilities.I think our biggest worry is actually john Still.If he keeps his job at Luton he'll swoop for Abs,Doe,Howell and Bingham.Dunno what their keepers like but Cousins is playing way below his level.All the rest are replaceable I think.Be nice if we could keep Jakubiak,Widdowson and Obileye and sack batt cos hes useless.I like Boucard and Hemmings too.

Pity they cant sort all this out before we buy our season tickets.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Simply from what i've heard, my understanding is WB has mentioned to a few people within the club that he isn't certain about signing a new contract and staying with us... 99% certain an offer is there if he wants it given our run since Christmas.

Really hope cousins and Cureton stay... not much chance of keeping Ayo.

Already resigned myself to the idea Doe, Abs and Billy will leave us... hoping Howell may stay. Not certain who else is out of contract but would be happy to have Hemmings and Jakubiak out wide next year, Widdowson still here, Boucard in the middle and Doidge up front (if Cureton stays). All change beyond that I would imagine
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:Simply from what i've heard, my understanding is WB has mentioned to a few people within the club that he isn't certain about signing a new contract and staying with us... 99% certain an offer is there if he wants it given our run since Christmas.

Already resigned myself to the idea Doe, Abs and Billy will leave us... hoping Howell may stay. Not certain who else is out of contract but would be happy to have Hemmings and Jakubiak out wide next year, Widdowson still here, Boucard in the middle and Doidge up front (if Cureton stays). All change beyond that I would imagine
Well Burnett should be grinning like a Cheshire cat right now and will want to milk it till the last minute.I say now he has the fans onside again he should sign up or piss off quick.He currently manages a club with no expectation yet pissed us all off immensely for most of the season,to turn that around is praiseworthy but to leave us hanging in a ransom type situation would undo all that work.The club need to get down to business now and sort it all out.We'll survive without him though and most of the others but lets not drag it out thru the summer and ****** up pre-season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Simply from what i've heard, my understanding is WB has mentioned to a few people within the club that he isn't certain about signing a new contract and staying with us... 99% certain an offer is there if he wants it given our run since Christmas.

Well Burnett should be grinning like a Cheshire cat right now and will want to milk it till the last minute.I say now he has the fans onside again he should sign up or piss off quick.He currently manages a club with no expectation yet pissed us all off immensely for most of the season,to turn that around is praiseworthy but to leave us hanging in a ransom type situation would undo all that work.The club need to get down to business now and sort it all out.We'll survive without him though and most of the others but lets not drag it out thru the summer and ****** up pre-season.
Yep, spot on. If Wayne's been offered a renewal he needs to take it or not take it quickly and then whoever is in charge can sort out the retaIned list ASAP.

The danger now is that this dribbles on unsettled for a while and the squad is decimated by expiring contracts. Footballers need to pay mortgages too.
Mark

He really strikes me as quite arrogant. What with the infamous interviews etc. Sign or resign.

I'd be amazed if Doe Abu and Bill are still here but the board should be offering them terms even if they reject them.

Cousins is under contract for next season which is good news. So are Chambers Batt and Labadie which isn't such good news.

Everybody else you might want to keep are all out of contract.
stanton101

When your star striker's putting it out publicly that he'd like to stick around then the onus is on the board to stop dragging their arse and sort things out quickly. We've ensured our league status for another year and even though we've been cack at home for most of the season our gates are up believe it or not which shows that the fans have stayed loyal to the club. It's high time the club provided some clarity on this so instead of waiting for us fans to buy season tickets, how about giving us some indication of what our team for next season will be first.
Phippo

If Wayne has been offered a new contract then he would be a fool to not sign it now! Maybe he's waiting to see if a better offer comes his way, but overall I cannot see why he would think he can do much better elsewhere. If he thinks he has been treated harshly by the fans, then he needs to wake up and smell the coffee! I'm more concerned by Jamie Curetons recent comment that he would like to continue playing if someone wants him! How Colchester let Cousins go is beyond me. I rate him way above Lewington. Who knows what the future holds, but it surprises me that so many players will be "free agents" soon.
Mark

Things tend to drag on for us every year. Our players and other players wait til the last moment for a better offer.
PaulHornchurch

No manager is going to leave before the last ball is kicked.

Rumours of Peterborough have circulated for a while, their chairman put in public his remit for the job and our manager fits that perfectly. Also I won't be surprised if JS moves upstairs and our manager takes over.

On the playing front, the loanees will all return to their clubs. Apart from 2 or 3 I would love to retain the rest of the squad and build on the last four months with a couple of additions.

Would prefer WB to remain, if not happy for DC to take over, JC as coach maybe ??
matt_drfc

I'm pretty sure this is right, someone correct me if it's not.

Cousins (2016)
O'Brien (2016)

Batt (2016)
Doe (2015)
Saah (2015)
Gayle (2015)
Partridge (2015)
Connors (2016)
Widdowson (2015)

Bingham (2015)
Ogogo (2015)
Howell (2015)
Labadie (2016)
Boucaud (2015)
Raymond (2015)

Jones (2017)
Chambers (2016)
Hemmings (2015)
Hines (2016)

Cureton (2015)
Doidge (2016)
Goldberg (2015)
Yusuff (2015)
Nouble (2015)

Players contracted for next season. Cousins, O'Brien, Batt, Connors, Labadie, Chambers, Jones, Hines, Doidge.
DaggerSince92

I cannot see Doey, Abu and Bingham staying but I think Howell will. Doey, Abu and Bingham should easily get a club in the league and may even league 1 if they leave, but I don't think that's guaranteed for Luke.

I'm hopeful of Boucaud, Hemmings, Widdowson, and Cureton signing a contract and I'd love to see Jakubiak potentially agree another loan with us, as I think he's got way too much talent for Watford to let him go permanently. Ayo will probably be in and around Charlton's squad or on loan somewhere in league one I'd imagine.

The club will offer Burnett a new deal, he'd be stupid to turn it down unless he's definitely got another managerial job lined up.
NickMurphy

Head says that Doey, Abu, and Billy will all leave (Why wouldn't they? Certainly wouldn't begrudge the first two a move anyway), and yet part of me thinks Doey in particular might actually stay. Maybe the fact we've been winning and he's been celebrating like he's a supporter the last couple of weeks has lulled me into a false sense of security, but I'm starting to believe....

As for Wayne, similarly don't begrudge him if he moves somewhere else. I'd like him to stay despite wanting him gone earlier in the season, but if there's a chance to move to a club with more chance of success, or a better pay cheque, why wouldn't he leave? Fresh start and all that. As I say though, hope he stays as I feel the last two years, but in particular the whole of 2014 was probably a bit of a learning curve, and I think we've come out of the other side of that now and actually look like a half decent side - apart from the fact that half of that half decent side will probably be moving on this summer.

Howell, Widdowson, Doidge, Cureton, Cousins, Boucaud, Jones, Hemmings, Chambers I'm all fairly certain will stay which at least means we're looking half decent going forward next season. Back-line will likely need a big rebuilding job though, I hope Doey doesn't leave but I fear he will, and Ayo is out of contract with Charlton but I doubt he'll drop down here permanently; although with the circus going on over there you never know, from what I've seen he favours playing in London as well which gives us an advantage.
Lcbdagger

This strange idea Wayne will go before his contract ends (1st July?) is madness... if another wants him they certainly wont pay us for the privelege

Worried now looking at those still here for certain... Batt and Connors as the only defenders fills me with no confidence at all
Mike the Dagger

To be honest, who is surprised by anything these days. Letting it drift now though is madness.

2014/15 is over bar the handing over of player of the year trophies to Cousins and Curo, time to be sorting out next season.
The Romford Dagger

Cousins (2016) keep
O'Brien (2016) keep

Batt (2016) go
Doe (2015) keep
Saah (2015) go
Gayle (2015) keep
Partridge (2015) keep
Connors (2016) go
Widdowson (2015) KEEP

Bingham (2015) KEEP
Ogogo (2015) KEEP