Match Thread - Peterborough 1-0 Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
admin
Site Admin

dagger4eva wrote:The previous attempts to create “bumper threads” whatever one of them actually is have hardly been a roaring success.

I’m with Dagger83 on this… stop trying too hard and let people just get on with it. Isn’t life too short to be worrying about having organised, official, bumper threads about a single topic?
Well that puts me in a difficult position then. I'll get moaned at for not having it organised and I'll get moaned at for not letting people get on with it. What do you all want me to?
Dagger83

What's the difference between your "official" one and one started by anyone else? I presumed everyone just wanted match threads that could be found later on for whatever reason. I'm not sure adding the word "official" to it does anything, or am I missing something?

Let people post what they want but merge multiple threads about the same thing.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
matt_drfc

Don't worry about making it all tidy. Create the match thread as normal, with the updates, final score etc.. If we choose to post in it then we will, if we choose to create a new thread then let us. Everyone's happy then I guess.
matt_drfc

Team tonight: Lewington, Hoyte, Wilko, Saah, Femi, Ogogo, Bingham, Elito, Hines, Dickson, Obafemi. Will be 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 I guess.
NickMurphy

Dickson's starting.

Despair.
Richie

Pleased with that team - I can see it going to pens.
TheLion

Murphy is not even on the bench.

Have I missed something or has he been rested?
Mikins

TheLion wrote:Murphy is not even on the bench.

Have I missed something or has he been rested?
He has in all the JPT matches so far hasnt he?
Sorry about your damn luck!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I ******** hate football.
admin
Site Admin

matt_drfc wrote:Don't worry about making it all tidy. Create the match thread as normal, with the updates, final score etc.. If we choose to post in it then we will, if we choose to create a new thread then let us. Everyone's happy then I guess.
I suppose that's relatively fair. At least that way, no one can complain
SUSSEX DAGGER

A game of very few chances . Think out of the two Goalkeepers it was only Lewey who had to make a save.

Was well pleased at half time we had defended very well. However all the hard work was nearly undone by giving away another stupid free kick on the edge of our box that hit the top of the bar.

The second half started like the first ended with the Daggers defence appearing to cope with anything thrown at them. Sadly we lacked any real quality going forward and as our best hope was sitting in the stand when the goal came you kind of thought well that's that. Sadly the only mistake Brian made all night was for the Goal.

We gave it our best shot the defence played very well against a top League One side who their Manager said after the game that after the League this Cup was their next priority.

The only worry I have is if we lose Rhys to injury, there does not appear that much to worry teams as Dickson does not look fit let alone good enough.

All in all pleased with certain aspects, the biggest being the performance of the back four.
DiggerDagger1

A positive from a negative. Although we were never going to win the Trophy...
Chigwellian

All I can say is that Dickson is just not good enough, it was like playing with 10 men last night
Kevin

He does look pretty overweight & lacking in match fitness - suppose the run out last night should have helped him out a bit?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Kevin wrote:He does look pretty overweight & lacking in match fitness - suppose the run out last night should have helped him out a bit?
When he came on against Accrington and Southend in the JPTand started against Cheltenham he looked in far better shape then he did last night.

In cold reflection you have to say that we dealt with a team who had a million pound Striker fairly well, his goal came from our only mistake. So altho result was disappointing there were more then one posative.