Save Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Someone has to be 23rd.Maybe,just maybe the players aint good enough.If they give their all what more could anyone do with them ?

Right now id say we're getting nothing out of Kane Ferdinand and 100% out of the rest including the manager.Im sure Hemmings was nearly in tears the other day at the end and im betting Burnett had a far less comfortable nights sleep than the majority of us who'd forgot all about it by the time we were passing the eastbrook on the way home.

When players don't try that's when I get the arse.We will come good and the haters of Burnett will find something else to dig him out on.I know as I've been one).But to me he never gave up last season and pulled it round.That shows character so while I will highlight the odd mistake(He defo shouldn't do interviews straight after a game)Im totally comfortable that that is a man trying his best.And for 8 quid a game I aint really got much say other than that really.
There is none so fickle as a Football fan and our dear old Friend John Still proves that.

Last month when we left Wycombe all that was on the local phone in was it's time for him to go, like us on Saturday Luton had surrendered a two goal lead at Yeovil.

The rants about John Still and his apparent In capabilities dominated the airwaves of Three Counties Radio, in fact until I lost reception nobody had come on and supported him.

A month later and Luton Fans all of a sudden think they are certainties for top three and even think they will go close to winning the League, have the same phone in tonight and I bet the hostilities towards him would be nowhere near what they were a month ago.

Like Arnu, I think that if we can get a couple in on long term loans like we have in previous season aka Lawson D'Ath , Ayo , Luke Norris , Azeez, Widdowson and that lad from Watford last year then we could turn the corner.

One thing that Wayne Burnett has done well since he has been here is play the Loan Market well, ok there has been one or two duffers but in the whole most have contributed very well to the cause.

The decision about the Manager was made in March/April there is no going back on that as the harsh financial realities of the situation do not allow it. Now shout me down if you like but if his task in the last two seasons has been to retain our Football League status then he has achieved that and more , he was a cert for a new contract after that and it was offered to him a good number of weeks before he signed it.

Arnu is also right in that he has no Media skills , Saturday I was horrified to hear him say that the Players are not good enough yet days earlier he was saying how much he loved them all, its ok thinking it but is it wise and counter productive to come out and say it when you know every word you utter is going to be seized upon.

So four things I would like to see are as follows.

Thank Andre Boucard for his efforts but it is obvious it is not working out and ask him to step down as Captain, I would suggest Ashley Hemmings for this role purely on results but I am open to persuasion. One thing I am certain of Andre may have many talents but a leader he certainly is not. There is no shame in that by the way

Give the Post Match Interviews to Darren Currie to handle, out the three of them I think he has proved to be the one who has excelled in this task.

Give the Manager and his Staff permission and finances to secure a couple of long term loans, in my opinion we are desperate in midfield and that is the area I would like to see strengthened.

A line in the sand be drawn and Players/ Management make an effort to rebuild the relationship with the fans. Thought we saw that pre-season , I only heard reports but the integration efforts of the Players/Management seemed to go down well in Holland.

Who knows this time next month Wayne Burnett could find himself in a situation that his mentor has achieved at Luton Town.
dagger4eva

Wow Sussex - you change your tune more times than the Royal Philarmonic Orchestra...

Anyway, nice sentiment but no ta!

Love to see Wayne in charge of club like Luton or Peterborough ... then he might know what a real bit of pressure is like!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Wow Sussex - you change your tune more times than the Royal Philarmonic Orchestra...

Anyway, nice sentiment but no ta!

Love to see Wayne in charge of club like Luton or Peterborough ... then he might know what a real bit of pressure is like!
He would not have lasted because they have resources to do something about it.

Like it or not d4e we are stuck with Wayne Burnett and if you cant see that then you are burying your head in the sand.

Thats the harsh realities of the situation , nothing about changing tunes . Would welcome a change just to lift the place but we dont have the money to do it.
ARNU

We got some below standard players,sort that out and you'll have your tongue straight back in the pants of Mr Burnett Sussex LOL!!

2 Midfielders and maybe a couple of defenders and we'll be ok.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Like it or not d4e we are stuck with Wayne Burnett and if you cant see that then you are burying your head in the sand.

Don't worry, I know all too well we are stuck with him..... unfortunately!
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote: So you think the walkout idea is stupid? And also you think the petition is stupid?

Just to be clear?
List to RD, Arnu. He began his walkout in August and so far he's made it to Ipswich.

So am i not entitled to an opinion? And ive been to more games than a fair few posters on here this season. Over half the home games in fact as well as ipswich home and some aways.
Glad this place hasn't lost it's sense of humour anyway.
The Romford Dagger

quote="NickMurphy"]
The Romford Dagger wrote: So you think the walkout idea is stupid? And also you think the petition is stupid?

List to RD, Arnu. He began his walkout in August and so far he's made it to Ipswich.

So am i not entitled to an opinion? And ive been to more games than a fair few posters on here this season. Over half the home games in fact as well as ipswich home and some aways.[/quote]

Glad this place hasn't lost it's sense of humour anyway.[/quote]

After I replied I kinda realised you were joking. My bad