Save Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

Signed
Richie

Is it just me who finds this embarrassing? Will not be signing
OBD

There's nothing substantial to this and no serious proposals offered. This is the worst thing you could have done.

People will sign it, feel like they've done something and be apathetic to any proper protest in the future when the board refuse to take this seriously and dismiss it out of hand.
@OfficialBigDave
ARNU

Richie wrote:Is it just me who finds this embarrassing? Will not be signing
No,I agree with you Richie,its as the kids would say total cringe.Like I keep saying a midfielder and maybe another defender away from being half decent.Actually Labadie will be more than welcome back as hes a battler.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:My bad.. got you confused with someone else apologies.

I get your point, were only maybe 3 players short of a half decent side but I genuinely believe wayne is way out of his depth & it would be best for all parties if he moved on and gave someone else a crack at it
Spot on, this was the man who was responsible for signing them in the first place.
There will be a time when its best that he went,we are miles away from it right now.Blimey im as fickle as they come but really to say he's out of his depth is unfair.We've finished ok last 2 seasons and will do it again this one too.The club have not helped him by letting the best players go again last season. Who ya gonna get in,dont say paul ince either LOL!!
The 'club' didn't let the best players go, they chose to go - except in the case of one where it was apparently Burnett that withdrew the contract offer. It's Burnetts responsibility to sign players and that includes extending the contracts of players we already have.
You've mention giving Burnett the right tools, but it's his job to go and get the tools with the budget he has available.
Of course the budget would probably be a little bit better if his 'football' wasn't putting people off of paying to watch.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:Petition has 125 signatures already, pretty incredible give our actual average home attendance.
Yeah and every single one of them will turn up at the next game and blend in nicely with the other 1200 or so that think this petition is stupid.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Actually Labadie will be more than welcome back as hes a battler.
I'm loving this idea that Labadie is a battler. He's a niggly twat, but he isn't a battler. He'll spend as much time on the floor acting injured as he will actually putting any proper fight in.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Petition has 125 signatures already, pretty incredible give our actual average home attendance.
Yeah and every single one of them will turn up at the next game and blend in nicely with the other 1200 or so that think this petition is stupid.
You simply don't get it Arnie.
ARNU

Im not saying things are great Adrian but this petition is just embarrassing.There are more sensible ways to put your point across than that.Forums like this one are for brainless ranting(I got an A level in it afterall).Im totally amazed that the badge issue(Which I happen to like by the way) is even mentioned in it.I just gotta see this walkout,I wonder if it will be as shit as the pillowcase episode last season.3 men and a dog wont be turning up next home game,some protest LOL!!
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:
You simply don't get it Arnie.
I get it.Its been shite and we need a few more better players.What you don't get is how pathetic that petition looks.Its just a rant which be honest even you stopped reading after 2 paragraphs.I bet Dave the plumber tears it up and pisses on it.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Im not saying things are great Adrian but this petition is just embarrassing.There are more sensible ways to put your point across than that.Forums like this one are for brainless ranting(I got an A level in it afterall).Im totally amazed that the badge issue(Which I happen to like by the way) is even mentioned in it.I just gotta see this walkout,I wonder if it will be as shit as the pillowcase episode last season.3 men and a dog wont be turning up next home game,some protest LOL!!
Not sure why you've replied to me like that. I've not said anywhere that I'm protesting or signing up to a petition.
What I do know is that I've only ever supported Dagenham & Redbridge and have done so for over 20 years. This is the first season in over ten years that I've not had a season ticket.
Last Saturday was the first time I've ever not attended a home game on a Saturday when I didn't have something else planned.
I remember you mentioning before how you didn't like some things that happened at West Ham. Well that's what is happening to Dagenham & Redbridge supporters now. You might not get it, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.
The mention of the badge in the petition is actually quite appropriate. It's not about the badge, it's about the way the club went about changing it. It's about how they've lost touch with their supporters in a massive way.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Im not saying things are great Adrian but this petition is just embarrassing.There are more sensible ways to put your point across than that.Forums like this one are for brainless ranting(I got an A level in it afterall).Im totally amazed that the badge issue(Which I happen to like by the way) is even mentioned in it.I just gotta see this walkout,I wonder if it will be as shit as the pillowcase episode last season.3 men and a dog wont be turning up next home game,some protest LOL!!
So you think the walkout idea is stupid? And also you think the petition is stupid?

Just to be clear?
steeevooo

To be clear, the petition has absolutely nothing to do with people holding a walkout protest. It's not even directly aimed at getting Wayne Burnett the sack. It's to make it clear to the board that the whole ethos of what the club stands for has monumentally shifted from what it used to be, and for a large number of fans this is for the worse. People can send individual messages to Tommo and they can be dismissed as the ramblings of a sole supporter - when you have approaching 15-20% of the home attendance signing in agreement with the points made out, then this should be something that will make the board sit up and realise that the issues with the club lie deeper than just the simple issue of who's the manager.

I personally see this as a possible constructive manner of communicating the core concerns of the supporters to the board - without a fans' representative on the board there is no effective channel presently for doing this (any issues raised at the fans forums tend to be dead-batted and then swept under the carpet). The ideal is that the board realise the concerns of the fans, and the issues which are causing attendance figures to continually shrink (hence to the detriment of the club), and take action (as they see fit hopefully with dialogue and explanations) to potentially recover "lost" fans, encourage "doubters" to continue, attract "new" fans, and enhance our club so that the atmosphere from top to bottom is harmonious, as it has been for many years previously.
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:
So you think the walkout idea is stupid? And also you think the petition is stupid?

Just to be clear?
List to RD, Arnu. He began his walkout in August and so far he's made it to Ipswich.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

Just to be clear?
List to RD, Arnu. He began his walkout in August and so far he's made it to Ipswich.

So am i not entitled to an opinion? And ive been to more games than a fair few posters on here this season. Over half the home games in fact as well as ipswich home and some aways.