Stevenage 's Ticket Allocation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:The club is dying,Im resigned to that fact.
Oh please, you really do overexaggerate to the point of ridiculousness.
20th in the league again,another relegation battle,cant buy a win at home,gates not exactly increasing,having to knock out season tickets at £7.50 a game,cant get more than about 3 people to chant at once unless its "do Something" or "Burnett out",a totally depressing air about the place,even die hards finding it a chore to attend,manager and players choosing to warm up at the away end and sit in the away dugout to get away from us the fans.Board just merrily sticking with their target of 22nd.Where we ending up this season Lee ? If it wasn't for the fact that Hartlepool,Carlisle and *Tranmere are even worse than us(*Except yesterday when they pulled our pants down at home) Id honestly have a few quid on us going down.How are the club going to increase their income,we've normally got someone to sell.Murphy and Hines taking a big wage to sit out will both probably piss off on a free.No I can be a doom monger but there are some pretty alarming things happening/not happening right now id say.Im sure even you had a wobble the other week.Blimey me and Adrian even agreed on something the other day.

We do actually need to be relegated,cos this is dire and has been for the best part of 4 years.By then it will be too late and we'll vanish probably right out of existence and dave the plumber will have to go back to fixing leaks elsewhere.

Get a new manager in who knows what he's doing,boils down to winning really dosent it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

teams near the bottom with us, their manager or ours?

burnett or micky adams (ex premier league manager now tranmere)

burnett or wilcox (ex scunthope manager now york)

burnett or keith curle (ex league 1 manager now carlisle)

you cannot beat experience!!!

once hartlepool bring in someone we are doomed!!!

us and mansfield (youngest boss in league football) for the drop!!!
dagger4eva

I think to say the "club is dying" is a tad o.t.t.

However... despite my enthusiasm for the game up to 3oclock (I hadnt seen a game since Southport at home)

It was possibly the flattest, dullest, least entertaining affair I can remember in maybe 10 years. The only game I can remember similarly as bad was a 0-0 vs Tamworth in sub zero temperatures.

Something really does have to give quite soon because things as they currently are just cannot and should not be allowed to continue.
dagger4eva

Actually I tell a lie...

That home game vs southport was probably as bad as yesterdays.....

:( :( :(
Mark

It is dross almost every week. Same old problems so I won't go over them again.
Mike the Dagger

leewilson wrote:
Lee, you forget that the Conference does in fact not exist, therefore "relegation" = "the end of the world".

While it is not desireable in any way, it is some distance short of that.
Simmo

Auntie Merge wrote:Apparently Stevenage have only been given 294 tickets for the TBS on Boxing Day.

Quite surprised about this. I thought they might almost fill the TBS, and bring anything from 700 upwards?
Have we gone a bit mad and thinking we are cash rich?
Stevenage initially didn't want tickets and when they changed their minds they asked for 300, the 294 is the number in the first block we sell.

Apart from when the stand is likely to sell out at least 70% of away tickets are sold on the gate.
Auntie Merge

Simmo wrote:
Auntie Merge wrote:Apparently Stevenage have only been given 294 tickets for the TBS on Boxing Day.

Quite surprised about this. I thought they might almost fill the TBS, and bring anything from 700 upwards?
Have we gone a bit mad and thinking we are cash rich?
Stevenage initially didn't want tickets and when they changed their minds they asked for 300, the 294 is the number in the first block we sell.

Apart from when the stand is likely to sell out at least 70% of away tickets are sold on the gate.
Thanks. I have shared that information with their supporters so I expect a few will pay on the day.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:
20th in the league again,another relegation battle,cant buy a win at home,gates not exactly increasing,having to knock out season tickets at £7.50 a game,cant get more than about 3 people to chant at once unless its "do Something" or "Burnett out",a totally depressing air about the place,even die hards finding it a chore to attend,manager and players choosing to warm up at the away end and sit in the away dugout to get away from us the fans.Board just merrily sticking with their target of 22nd.Where we ending up this season Lee ? If it wasn't for the fact that Hartlepool,Carlisle and *Tranmere are even worse than us(*Except yesterday when they pulled our pants down at home) Id honestly have a few quid on us going down.How are the club going to increase their income,we've normally got someone to sell.Murphy and Hines taking a big wage to sit out will both probably piss off on a free.No I can be a doom monger but there are some pretty alarming things happening/not happening right now id say.Im sure even you had a wobble the other week.Blimey me and Adrian even agreed on something the other day.

We do actually need to be relegated,cos this is dire and has been for the best part of 4 years.By then it will be too late and we'll vanish probably right out of existence and dave the plumber will have to go back to fixing leaks elsewhere.

Get a new manager in who knows what he's doing,boils down to winning really dosent it.
So basically, we're having a bad season. I'd forgotten teams that have bad seasons die. Barnet must be dead about 10 times over. Oh wait, they're top of the Conference.....
leewilson

Mike the Dagger wrote:
leewilson wrote:
Lee, you forget that the Conference does in fact not exist, therefore "relegation" = "the end of the world".

While it is not desireable in any way, it is some distance short of that.
Everyone hates the thought of the Conference because it has this 'non league' tag attached to it alongside the fact that nobody likes failing in life. In fact, it's an enjoyable division to play in and it should appeal to supporters like us who surely are following the Dagger because they like their football at a more grassroots level. I'm not saying I want to go down, but if we do, come October/November of next season, we'll just be getting on with discussing whatever game we have coming up and the joys/perils of whatever run of form we're on.

It's like when teams in the Premiership drop into the 'devastating' Championship. In fact, it's a very enjoyable league and once the initial disappointment of 'being losers' in the relegation zone wears off, you just get on with the week in, week of supporting a football team. Because when it comes to it, we're all football fans and the ups and downs are all parts of it.
Diggerthedog

Dropping this time could be a disaster with West Ham moving into the Olympic Stadium and offering very cheap ticket. We should do all we can to stay up the next two season this includes changing the manager. Let's face it who I s going to pay £22 for a seat in the conference when west ham a knocking them out for £5 or £6 more in much better facilties.
bearaab

To counter that argument, who's going to want to pay £22 for a seat at a league 2 game when they can get them for a fiver more down the road? Don't think that's going to make much of a difference.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

The club isn't dying it's just stagnating a bit. We have nothing to live for at the moment. But we all know first hand that all takes is a good run of form, a few late goals, a great striker (or bearded French midfielder) and the good times will return. That's sort of the way of the world in the football league
ARNU

What are the symptoms of a club dying then ?

Id go for supporter apathy,receeding gate receipts and although I suppose we benefit from it if we can be bothered to attend all the games a £179 season ticket.

Maybe dying was a strong overstatement of facts.That dosent mean that the symptoms just be ignored.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:What are the symptoms of a club dying then ?
See Hereford United for details.

Or Grays, Telford, Hornchurch, Rushden & Diamonds...